Chapter 4

An Odd Smile

Chapter 4

                “Ah!!! Don’t look!” Daesung exclaimed, covering up his chest and turning away from you like a girl. You bit your lip and chuckled slightly before walking past him to grab your bag. You walked right back out of the room and bowed to him before closing the door, “Nice boxers by the way.”

                He yelled your name and something hit the door as you closed it with a laugh. You turned to see Seunghyun raising an eyebrow at you. You bowed to him, still giggling. “I didn’t know you were such a ert.”

               “I’m not a ert. How can I be a ert to someone wearing Doraemon underwear?” He chuckled, “If you say so, but please try not to ually harass my dongsaeng too much.”

                “I’ll try.”

                “Or, if you’re going to ually harass him, please do it in a way that isn’t so obvious.” You laughed and shook your head before walking towards the front of the store again. “I’ll see you tomorrow!” you called back to either gentleman before walking out the door and heading towards the bus stop.

                When you got home, it was almost nine, but you still had to make dinner. You threw something together quickly before forcing all of your siblings to sit down at the table. “Junghwa-ah,” you began, getting your brother’s attention, “when did you stop wearing your Doraemon boxers?”

                He gave you an odd look before replying, “When I was eight, why?” You chuckled and shook your head. “Noona is acting weird,” Changho whispered to his twin who nodded enthusiastically. “Yah! What was that?”

                “Nothing!” All five of you burst into fits of giggles before continuing to eat. It was bath time and then bedtime. “Noona,” Junghwa whispered as the younger ones began to snore softly. “What is it?” you whispered back, turning towards him. “Are you happy?”

                “Of course I’m happy; I have the best family ever.”

                “Is Aboji happy too?”

                “Of course he is, Junghwa-ah, how could he not be?” you immediately replied but there was a sinking feeling in the pit of your stomach. How could he be happy when all he ever did was work? “Are you sure?”

                “Of course I am, now go to sleep.” You heard him shift and sigh before you turned to lie on your back. How could someone not be happy with kids as amazing as your siblings? You closed your eyes and tried to fall asleep.

                The next day, Daesung avoided all eye contact with you. You thought it was funny; he was acting like a girl straight out of a manga. Half way through your shift, a familiar figure walked through the door. “Hyung! I want to get paid!” the panda-eyed boy called out, wearing the same uniform as you.

                “Seunghyun-ah!” you exclaimed. “Noona? What are you doing here?” he asked, walking over to you. “Working, what are you doing here?” you asked, pointing at him in shock. “Working, what else?”

                “______-ah, this is Seungri, the guy I said was at your school.”

                “What? No way! Seughyun-ssi said that that guy was a player and looked like a panda! Seunghyun is a panda but definitely not a player.”

               “Yes he is! How do you not know that?” Daesung stared at you in shock with Seungri chuckled. “Noona,” he whined, “Daesung-hyung is being mean! You know I’m not a player! Girls just happen to like me, right?” You nodded making Daesung’s jaw drop. “How gullible are you?”

                “Yah! Don’t talk about my dongsaeng like that!” you exclaimed, making Seungri double over in a fit of laughter. “But…but… But he is a-”

                “Yeah? At least he doesn’t wear Doraemon boxers,” you huffed, crossing your arms across your chest. “Noona, how do you know what boxers hyung wears?” Seunghyun asked as he walked behind the counter. “Oh I walked in on him changing yesterday.”

                “Really?” you nodded, “Well you can walk in on me changing any day.” He winked at you before walking towards the back room. “What do you call that then?” Daesung exclaimed, exasperated. “We always joke around like that t though.”

                “But he’s not joking! He has a new girlfriend every other week!”

                “Oh please, he’s a total dork around girls. Like you and your boxers.”

                “Stop bringing that up!”

                “Stop talking about Seunghyun like that.”

                “Talk about me like what?” the big Seunghyun asked as he walked out towards the front, wearing a pink apron again. “Not you, Seungri,” Daesung said with a sigh. “Why do you guys call him that?” you asked, turning to the other Seunghyun. “Because it’d be too confusing if there were two Seunghyuns,” he said with a shrug.

                Seungri walked back out and smirked at Daesung before getting pulled off into a corner by the normally happy older boy. “How did you brain wash her like that?” he asked in a hushed voice. “What are you talking about? I didn’t brainwash her.”

                “Yes you did!” he hissed, “She thinks you’re an angel or something like that.” He chuckled, “You’re just mad because she doesn’t think you’re the angel for once.”

                “That’s not it.”

                “Sure, hyung,” he said, sarcastically. “It’s true! I’m just worried about her if she’s able to buy into your innocent story.”

                “It’s not a story; she’s known me since before I got my nickname. That’s why she thinks of me like that.”

                “Really?”

                “Yeah well that and the fact that we used to date.”

                “What?!” Seungri smirked at him before walking back over to you. “Noona! Hyung is being mean to me, make him stop!” he whined before wrapping his arms around your waist. “Daesung-ah, quit it,” you said as you scooped up an ice cream cone for another customer. “He’s the one being mean to me!” Daesung exclaimed. “Seunghyun-ah, be nicer to Daesung. He’s still getting over me violating his privacy.”

                “Not like your violated mine right?” Seungri chuckled, loving how it was so easy to annoy Daesung with remarks like this. “When did I ever violate you?” you asked before unwrapping his arms from around your waist. He sighed and pouted before finishing your order as Daesung grabbed your arm. “Can I talk with you for a minute?”

                “Sure,” you said, letting him pull you towards the back room. “Ah, this is so much fun,” Seungri said, happily.