Chapter 25

An Odd Smile

Chapter 25

 

                Just when you thought he had left, the banging began again. “Just go away!” you shouted, your voice cracking due to crying. “Damn it, ______-ah! Open the ing door!” Seungri yelled back at you. “You can go away too!” You yelled back at him, wiping your eyes as you finally got up. Junghwa had made the kids go to the bedroom while Daesung had been trying to get in, but he had stayed about three feet away from you and watched you with a worried expression.

                “Junghwa-ah!” Seungri called out. “Yeah?” Junghwa answered, looking more nervous than you had seen him before. “Move your sister and let me in!” Seungri ordered. Junghwa gave you an apologetic expression, but you glared at him. “No.”

                “Noona.”

                “No.”

                “I’m sorry,” he said before pulling you up off of the ground. For a thirteen-year-old kid, he was strong, but that was due to the excessive amounts of sports he played. He got you up and quickly opened the door for the angry panda outside. “What the hell is wrong with you?” Seungri asked, angry, exasperated, but still worried all at the same time.

                “I don’t know what you’re talking about,” you said with your arms crossed like a shield. “Why did you do that to hyung? What are you so afraid of?” he asked, grabbing your arm and pulling you towards him. He wrapped you in a hug and held you close while Junghwa stood there awkwardly. “Let go,” you said, pressing against his chest in an attempt to get away.

                “I can’t hit you because you’re a girl, so deal with an intense hug,” he replied in a low growl. “Just stop,” you said, still struggling to get away, “I just want to be alone.”

                “No you don’t. You hate being alone.”

                “Shut up.”

                “You’re not your mom.”

                “I know!” you finally managed to get him off but there was nowhere for you to run. “Then what is it?” Junghwa piped in, biting his bottom lip, “I mean, I don’t even like the guy, but he cares about you. I thought he was going to break down the door. So that can’t be the issue. I mean, I know I’m not experienced, but isn’t he kind of every girl’s prince charming? What’s wrong with him?”

                “I…” you stared at Junghwa blankly, taken aback by his sudden speech. “Damn,” Seungri said with a small chuckle, “I couldn’t have said it better myself.”

                “I don’t have to explain myself to you two,” was your lame reply. “No but you need to explain yourself to hyung,” Seungri said, finally closing the door in order to hide from the inquisitive neighbors. You were silent. Once again, you knew he was right, but you couldn’t. If you saw him again, you knew that you would immediately fall back into his arms. You couldn’t allow yourself to do that.

                “Fine. Be like that, but I’m staying the night,” Seungri said, dropping his backpack on the ground. You just realized he had been wearing that too. “Do you want me to get a bed ready?” Junghwa asked, attentive of Seungri as always. “Nah, I’ll sleep on the couch. I have to make sure she doesn’t sneak out,” he replied, motioning to you.

                You shook your head and sighed before going back to the bedroom to make sure the kids were all ready for bed. “Noona, why were you crying?” Chungo asked. “Well….” You sighed and shook your head. “Noona, why did Daesung-hyung sound so mad?” Chunghee asked.

                “I…”

                “Bedtime!” Ahrin explained, jumping onto her pillow with a smile. You gave her a small smile back before tucking them in. Ahrin leaned up when you laid the blanket down and kissed your cheek before handing you her stuffed animal. “He always makes me feel better,” she explained, “So he’ll make you feel better too!”

                You felt a lump in the back of your throat, but you swallowed it away. You hoped there would be no more crying tonight. “Thank you,” you whispered before kissing her forehead. She settled back down and you tiptoed over to the dresser to change quickly before going into the living room.

                Junghwa was sitting on the couch next to Seungri who was already in his pajamas. The pants were the panda pajama pants you had bought him the other year while the shirt was a plain white t-shirt. “Junghwa-ah,” you called softly, “Time for bed.”

                “Yeah…okay,” he said as he got up, looking a little reluctant to leave Seungri. Seungri turned to look at you and sighed before patting the spot next to him. You sat down and immediately laid your head on his shoulder. “What am I going to do with you?” he mumbled while his arm wrapped around you, pulling you more onto his chest than shoulder.

                “I don’t know.”

                “Why did you do it?” he asked after a few minutes in silence.

                “You saw what happened with my parents.”

                “You’re not-”

                “I know I’m not my mother,” you said in an exasperated voice. You tried to get up, but he pulled you back down to lay on his chest. His arms circled your waist and his chin rested on top of yours. “Then what?” he asked, his voice reverberating through you. “I did it… I did it because I don’t know if he’s like her or not.”

                Seungri sighed but didn’t argue. Instead, he held you like that the entire night through. Junghwa came in later and draped a blanket across the two of you. He sighed and shook his head before walking back to the bedroom mumbling something about stupid teenage love triangles.

 

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

sorry school just started back up again and it is insane! BUT!! I am curious to know how many of you would support a Junghwa/Seungri pairing? Just curious :)