Chapter 6

An Odd Smile

Chapter 6

                “Thanks for taking me home,” you said once Daesung pulled up in front of your apartment complex. “You’re welcome,” he said, smiling brightly at you. You paused before getting out and found yourself asking, “Do you want to come in? I’ll make you dinner.”

                “You’d do that?” he asked as he pulled into a parking space. “Yeah as long as your parents don’t mind,” you said with a small laugh. “What about your parents? Will they mind?”

                “No my dad will be fine. Just as long as you don’t mind my siblings, things should be okay.”

                “Then I’d like to come in. I can help you cook too.”

                “Really? We’ll see about that,” you said with a small smile before leading him up to your apartment. You paused when you got to your apartment door, not exactly sure how he was going to react to your shabby little apartment. You took a deep breath before opening the door. “Noona, you’re home!” the twins exclaimed, running up to you. You smiled and greeted them before pulling Daesung in through the door.

                “Who’s that?” one of the twins asked. “Your new boyfriend?” the other asked, making both of you blush. “No, he’s Daesung. He’s my co-worker” you explained to no avail. “Then why are you bringing him back here?” Junghwa asked turning to look at the two of you as you walked past the living room. “Because I’m going to feed him since he gave me a ride home,” you explained, ruffling his hair slightly.

                “Can I help you?” Daesung asked, not sure what to do around so many kids. “No just play with the kids or something like that,” you said as you walked into the kitchen. Daesung sat awkwardly on the couch while your siblings ran around and yelled things at him. “So do you like my sister?” Junghwa asked randomly.

                “W-What?”

                “Seunghyun comes over all the time and they used to date. You’re the first guy she’s brought over since then. So, do you like her or something?” he asked again, your other siblings calming down to listen. “I-I don’t know what you’re talking about,” Daesung stuttered. “Hyung likes Noona!” the twins began to chant, even getting your little sister to do it with them.

                “Please stop,” Daesung begged, getting redder by the minute. “Just answer the question,” Junghwa replied. “Look I don’t know her very well and-”

                “Hyung likes Noona!”

                “Please stop!”

                “Just turn the TV on,” you yelled from the kitchen having heard the whole thing. Daesung nodded before doing so and slinking to where you were. “Your siblings are scary,” he whined, making you laugh. “Seunghyun gets along with them well. Try playing with them,” you supplied while continuing to cook. “Easier said than done,” he laughed.

                “Try it and see how it goes. They like hide-and-go-seek or tag,” you said before pushing him back towards the living room. You went back to cooking and smiled when you heard squeals of laughter from your younger siblings. “Alright you guys,” you said after a little while, “food is ready.” They ran back into the kitchen, Daesung following them like a little kid. “I told you it would work,” you said before setting out the plates.

                Junghwa was your only sibling who wasn’t completely enamored by him. He ignored him the whole time during dinner. Once Daesung left, you pulled Junghwa off to the side. “Are you okay? You seemed kind of upset.”

                “Do you like that guy?”

                 “What? Why does that matter?”

                “I just want to know.”

                “I mean I guess I do but I don’t think anything is going to happen. He seems kind of dorky.”

                “Seunghyun hyung was dorky too and you guys dated for three years. What happened to him?” Junghwa asked, folding his arms across his chest. You hit him upside the head, “Quit being so weird and give him a chance.” Junghwa sighed and turned away.

 

                When Daesung got home, he immediately grabbed his cellphone and called up Seungri. “Hey Hyung, how did it go with Noona?” he asked as soon as he answered the phone. “It went alright, but I don’t think the oldest boy likes me.”

                “Junghwa? Yeah, that’s because he likes me the best.”

                “Quit bragging.”

                “Why do you want him to like you, Hyung?” he laughed when there was no reply, “Okay, you just have to keep trying to be friends with him. He’s kind of anti-social. He’s also really protective of ______ so it’ll take a little while.”

                “How did you get him to like you?”

                “I grew up with him.”

                “You’re so helpful, Seungri-ah.”

                “I know, right?”

                “But what should I do?”

                “What do you mean?”

                “To get _____ to like me.”

                “You admit that you like her?” Seungri asked, surprised. “Well… She’s cute and I want to get to know her…”

                “Okay, here’s what you have to do…”

 ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

sorry i have to re-add this and the next chapter