Chapter 16

An Odd Smile

Chapter 16

                Apparently, the Seungri proof place was the shopping mall considering that’s where Daesung had brought you for your next date. “I thought you said you’d take me somewhere Seungri couldn’t catch us?” you teased before grabbing ahold of his hand. He laughed and swung your hands before replying, “I looked and looked but I don’t think such a place exists!”

                “Oh no! We’re doomed!” you laughed before pulling him towards the toy store. You knew that’s where the two of you would end up eventually anyways. You pulled him straight to the stuffed animals and immediately found a stuffed penguin that you fell in love with. “You want me to get you that?” Daesung asked after the two of you had walked around the entire store with you hugging the penguin for dear life. “No…”

                “Yes you do,” he said with a laugh. “But it’s expensive,” you protested, “I’ll save up and buy it later.” He shook his head and tried to take it from you, “No, I’ll buy it.”

                “But-”

                “I don’t mind spending the money if it’s for you,” he said with the sweetest smile that boy had ever given you. It was needless to say that your heart melted, causing your arms to weaken. He easily took the stuffed animal from you and headed towards the cashier with you trailing behind him like a lost puppy. “Are you sure?” you asked once the two of you were next in line. He nodded and held onto the toy tightly, to prevent you from taking it from him and paying yourself.

                “Thank you,” you said once he handed it back to you. “Stop looking so guilty,” he teased as the two of you walked out of the store. “I don’t like it when people spend money on me though,” you said, tucking the penguin under one arm so you could still hold his hand. “Ah, it looks like we’re about to have our first fight,” he said, “Because I like spending money on you. No compromise.”

                You laughed and shook your head; there was no use arguing. “So what are we going to do now? Do you need more Doraemon boxers?” you asked, making his face light up. No matter how much you tried, there was no way you were ever going to let that slide. “I thought we’d go shopping for you,” he mumbled.

                “But I don’t wear Doraemon boxers.”

                “We’re not buying those,” he said in an exasperated voice, making you giggly slightly. You squeezed his hand to let him know you were just kidding around. “What kind of shopping are we going to do then?”

“Jiyong hyung said girls like clothes.”

                “I’d rather not.”

                “Food?”

                “Yeah, that sounds good,” you laughed before tugging him towards the food court. “What do you want to eat?” he asked, looking around at all of the many different types of food that were offered. “Pork buns,” you decided after a minute of serious thought. “Alright,” Daesung said, “You go get us a table and I’ll buy us the food.” You nodded and quickly found a two person table where you hoped he would be able to find you.

                You smiled softly and gently played with the stuffed penguin’s soft coat while you waited for him. Sudden;y, your phone began ringing. You immediately picked up, “Yeobseyo?” Junghwa immediately replied in a panicked voice, “Noona! It’s Aboji!”

                “What?” your tone rose in fear, “What about Aboji?” There was a pause as if Junghwa was trying to collect himself, “He…He’s in the hospital.” Your eyes widened, “I’ll be there in a minute. Get everyone together and don’t let the twins or Ahrin know what’s happening.”

                Daesung walked over with a tray of food and looked at your worried. It was plainly written on your face that something was wrong. “Is everything okay?” Daesung asked. “It’s my dad…He’s in the hospital, can you please take me home?” you asked, your voice breaking up slightly. He nodded and you immediately got up, “Thank you so much.”

                “I’ll take you to the hospital too,” he said before the two of you nearly ran out to his car.