Chaoter 26

An Odd Smile

Chapter 26

 

                “Hey, time to get up,” Junghwa said, poking your face, “The kids are hungry and I don’t know how to cook.” You sighed and hid your face in Seungri’s chest. Junghwa sighed and pulled the blanket off of you, “Come on, Noona, time to get up.”

                You hugged Seungri’s waist tightly, trying to be invisible, but waking up your best friend in the process. Seungri nudged you, trying to get you up, but finally had to go to his last resort. He started tickling your sides, not stopping until you were almost falling off the couch, laughing, but with tears in your eyes.  “Time to get up,” he said with a grin, holding your sides gently but firmly to keep you from falling.

                “Alright, I’ll make breakfast,” you said, still trying to catch your breath. He pulled you up so that you weren’t in danger of hitting the floor, but that meant that he held you close to him. Normally, this wouldn’t be a problem, but, for some strange reason, you found yourself staring at his lips. You remembered vaguely what it felt like to kiss him, though it was something that you hadn’t thought about in a long time.

                “What are you staring at?” his voice was low and soft.

                “Your face,” you forced yourself to look into his eyes, “Your aftershave is getting pretty bad. You need to shave.” He snorted with laughter before letting his hands fall from your waist. He got up and grabbed his backpack before heading towards the bathroom. While he did his thing, you got breakfast ready for everyone while Junghwa helped the kids get dressed.

                As soon as you set the last plate down, the kitchen was swarmed with hungry little monsters. Seungri was included in that statement. It was a loud but friendly atmosphere. People were reaching across each other to grab the little food that there was. It wasn’t much, but it still warmed your heart to see them gobble up your cooking. When everyone had finished, you put the dishes in the sink to soak before getting ready yourself.

                Junghwa took the kids while you walked with Seungri to school. “Are you coming to work today?” Seungri asked after a minute or two of silence. “No,” you said, fidgeting with the strap of your book bag. “You can’t avoid him forever.”

                “I’m not avoiding him?”

                “Really?” he asked in a sarcastic tone.

                “I wanted… I wanted to visit her today,” you said, causing him to stop in his tracks. You stopped a few steps in front on him, keeping your eyes on the ground.

                “Are you actually going to visit her or are you going to do what you always do and sit across the street and stare?” The question was harsh but his voice was soft. It still stung though.

                “What do you think?”

                “I think that you’re lucky I love you this much.”

                “You love me?” you asked, turning around to face him.

                “Of course, don’t you love me? We’re best friends after all,” he said, shrugging it off as he began walking again. You smiled slightly before falling into step with him. “Ah, so that’s what you meant.”

                “What did you think I meant, idiot?”

                “Don’t talk to your elders like that!” you exclaimed, hitting his arm.

                “You’re only older by one year!”

                “It’s still older,” you said, sticking your tongue out at him. The two of you laughed before walking through the school gates. Once you entered the building, you split off from Seungri since your classes were in opposite directions. While you walked to your class, a smile still lingering on your face from your best friend’s jokes, Seungri stopped and stared at your figure as you walked away. He clutched his heart and sighed.

                “We’re both idiots, huh?” he said with a humorless laugh, “But I’m even worse I think.” He shook his head to clear his thoughts before walking to his class, smiling at the girls along the way.

 

 

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

i seriously apologize for this taking so long *bows* but right now my college is doing J-Term where (if you don't know) they take a semester long course and jam pack it into one month! I took statistics so, needless to say, i have had pretty much no free time because this class is so friggin' hard. I was definitely not meant to be a math major.

Anyways, i'll try to update more frequently once the next semester starts, but we'll see how that turns out. Thank you for your patience!