Chapter 22

An Odd Smile

Chapter 22

 

                “More food?” Junghwa asked and you nodded, “I take back any bad things I said about him before.” You laughed and shook your head at him, “So you like him now because of the food his mom makes us?”

                “Pretty much,”” Junghwa agreed. You chuckled and ruffled his hair before putting the food Daesung’s mom made you into the microwave. “I can’t remember eating this much since omma was here,” he noted causing you to loose your smile for a moment. “Yeah…”

                “Did I upset you?”

                “No, you’re fine,” you reassured him as the microwave began to beep. “Are you sure?” he asked as he got out plates for everyone. You nodded before serving up dinner. It was the usual messy and loud type of meal that your mother used to calm down. Now, it was almost out of control. You had to play the mother role in order to get the twins to eat their food not throw it, and it took a lot of convincing to get Ahrin to eat anything. At least Junghwa was old enough to behave.

                “Okay, let me get some homework done and then it is bath time,” you announced while Junghwa went to the sink in order to do some dishes. “Okay!” the twins agreed before running back to the living room to make an even bigger mess while your younger sister trailed behind them. You sighed but smiled at them before getting some homework out and doing it at the kitchen table. There really wasn’t any other place where you could do homework.

                “Have you gotten your homework done?” you asked Junghwa after a few minutes of silence. “Of course,” he replied, “I even helped the twins with theirs while you were gone.”

                “You’re such a good little brother. You’re definitely getting an awesome present for your birthday this year.”

                “All I want is a cake you make.”

                “Don’t lie,” you teased, “I know you want a new bike.”

                “But it’s really expensive, and I know we can’t afford it.”

                “Don’t worry about stuff like that,” you replied with a small frown, “I’ll make it work somehow.” He sighed but nodded as he continued with his chores. You hated how he actually had to worry about money. He was too young for that. Well, you were probably too young for that too, but you were the eldest so taking care of everyone was your responsibility anyways.

                When you finished your homework, Junghwa helped you get everyone ready for bed before the two of you finally got some sleep. Occasionally, yours would get interrupted by one of the kids asking for something, but you were already used to that.

                The next day at work, Seungri and you began talking about what to do for Junghwa’s birthday. It was next month. “You want to buy him a bike?” you nodded, “I can help pay if you want.”

                “I want to pay for it. Though if you could help me look for deals, that would be nice.”

                “You got it, Noona,” he said with his signature smile. You smiled back before talking about what to do for a party. “Who are you guys planning a party for?” Daesung asked as he opened the door from the back of the store. “For Junghwa,” Seungri immediately answered, “He’s turning thirteen now. Wow! He’s getting so old!” You laughed and agreed, “He’s even starting to worry about grown up things…”

                “You can’t protect him forever.”

                “Yes I can,” you argued, “Look at these muscles!” You flexed your biceps making both boys laugh. “Can I help?” Daesung asked as he tied his apron. You nodded, “Of course. He’s decided that he likes you now.”

                “What? Really?” Seungri asked, both of them surprised. “Yup. It’s all thanks to ahjumma’s food,” you said, making Daesung break out into a wide grin. “Maybe I can get her to cook some food for him then,” Daesung said. Your smile faltered for a second but you nodded. You would need the help. “Should I buy him a gift too?”

                “He likes sports. Buy him a new ball.”

                “What kind?”

                “Soccer…basketball…baseball…volleyball… It doesn’t matter, as long as it’s a sport he’ll like it,” Seungri said with a shrug. “What are you going to get him?” you asked Seungri. “Not sure yet,” he admitted, “I might just take him out for the day. You know like paint ball fights and other manly stuff!”

                “But I like that.”

                “Hyung, I don’t know how to tell you this but you appear to be dating a man,” Seungri said with mock seriousness. “Well, at least he’s really cute,” Daesung said with a chuckle before wrapping you into a hug. “I am so a girl,” you argued with your panda as your arms wrapped around Daesung’s waist. The differences between the two of you didn’t seem to matter when you were like this.

                “I know,” Seungri replied with a wink, “I’ve seen it, remember?”

                “What?” Daesung’s body stiffened and his eyes widened. “Yup,” Seungri nodded, “When we were five. Totally saw everything.” Daesung snorted before pulling you closer. You giggled at Seungri’s silliness, “Don’t freak out my boyfriend like that please.”

                “But it’s fun!”

                “I know but that’s my job,” you replied while sticking your tongue out at him. “I have a feeling that I have entered an abusive relationship,” Daesung murmured. You shrugged before pulling away from him as a customer walked in. “But the perks are good, right?” Seungri whispered to Daesung while nudging him. “Yeah,” Daesung nodded while staring at you lovingly. Seungri looked between the two of you and smiled slightly before going over to help you with the customer.

 

 ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

yay! an update! haha sorry but i'm focusing on finishing one of my other fics rigth now. Then, i'll come back to this i swear! :)

anyways, hope ya'll enjoyed this update~