Chapter 14

An Odd Smile

Chapter 14

                “Is there something bugging you?” you asked Seungri, leaning against his shoulder as the two of you sat on the roof of your school building for lunch. “Huh? Why do you ask?” he leaned his head back against yours briefly before sitting straight up. “Because you’ve been really quiet for the last couple of days,” you replied before sitting up as well.

                “I’ve just been thinking…”

                “About what?”

                “Mostly you,” he admitted. “Why are you thinking about me?” you asked, furrowing your brow. “Because I’m worried about you Noona,” he replied, playing with the remains of his lunch. “Why?”

                “Because you still haven’t told him.”

                “I don’t think we’re at the stage where I need to dump all of my personal garbage on him,” you replied, a little too briskly. “He’s your boyfriend though,” he sighed, “I shouldn’t know more about you than he does.”

                “But you’re my best friend.”

                “Best friend and boyfriend are completely different things,” he mumbled, so low you could barely hear him. “What?” you asked, not sure if you heard him right. “I said that it’s something that you need to tell him. Keeping him in the dark about your life isn’t going to help your relationship- it’s only going to hurt it.”

                “I don’t want to tell him yet.”

                “Tell him soon,” he sighed, deciding it was best to leave it alone for now. “Alright,” you said before the bell began to ring. “Promise me,” he said, getting up as well. “Alright, I promise,” you agreed before walking to your class, making him sigh.

               

                “Are you okay?” Daesung asked you after you had zoned out for the fifteenth time in that hour. “Huh? Yeah,” you replied, absentmindedly. This reminded you of a conversation earlier as well. “No, there’s something wrong,” he persisted before wrapping his arms around you.

                “It’s because of a conversation I had with Seungri earlier.”

                “What about?”

                “Something along the lines of the one we’re having now,” you replied, playing with his fingers. “Something was bugging him?” he asked, pulling you closer against his chest so his heat reverberated through your back. Why was he always so warm?

                “Yeah.”

                “Am I allowed to ask?” you shook your head and made him sigh. “I’ll tell you later though,” you said just as another customer walked in. You broke away from his hug and tended to the customer, giving her some random flavor that Seunghyun had recently created. It was pickle flavored; maybe she was pregnant. No matter what, you weren’t going to try it. That was for certain.

                “So, tomorrow I was hoping I could take you out on a date,” Daesung said once the customer had left. “I would love to,” you replied, grabbing his hand and intertwining your fingers. He smiled and swung your hands back and forth before you pulled away. Seungri had just arrived for work.