Chapter 15

An Odd Smile

Chapter 15

                “Whoa the best friend still wins over the boyfriend?” Seungri asked with a laugh as he walked into the ice cream shop. “No,” you replied, trying not to smile. He grabbed his chest and faked a pained look, “Ow... Now that hurts, ______-ah.” You laughed and pushed his shoulder, making him smile in return. “I thought you would appreciate us not acting all lovey-dovey.”

                “I’m fine with you acting lovey-dovey,” he replied with a shrug, actually looking serious for once. “Really?” you asked, surprised. “As long as it’s with me,” he immediately added with a wink. You shook your head with a smile and was about to respond when you felt yourself being tugged back towards Daesung.

                “Don’t you need to get changed, Seungri-ah?” Daesung asked with his usual smile. “Hm? Ah, I guess so,” the maknae replied with a shrug before walking past the two of you. “You okay?” you asked as soon as Seungri closed the door to the back.

                “No,” he said with an innocent expression. “Yeah right; something is bugging you,” you said, trying not to smile. He was too cute. “It’s just… I’m being jealous again,” he admitted with an embarrassed laugh. He rubbed the back of his head and looked away, hoping that a customer would walk in to distract him from the current conversation.

                “Jealous of Seunghyun?” you asked, confused. “I don’t know… It’s just you always look really happy to see him…” he trailed off and looked down at his shoes, resembling the way your siblings would act when they got in trouble. “You know, I’m happier to see you,” you said, blushing slightly as you admitted it.

                “Really?” you nodded, “Then why don’t you look like it?”

                “I feel embarrassed.”

                “Why?”

                “Because you’re too cute,” you glanced back at the door Seungri had gone through, hoping that your panda would come popping through there at any moment. He blushed before pulling you towards him so his strong arms wrapped around your waist. You grabbed ahold of his shirt, getting caught off balance by his sudden forwardness.

                “You’re the one who’s cute,” he murmured before kissing the tip of your nose. You blushed and tilted your head back slightly as you stared at his plump lips. His Adam’s apple bobbed as he swallowed before his pink tongue wetted his lips. Your eyes slowly shut as he leaned in even closer.

                “No making out on the job!” Seungri exclaimed, choosing that exact second to walk in. “Damn it, Seunghyun-ah!” you exclaimed, jumping back from Daesung. Daesung sighed and sent the younger male a glare before pretending to check the cartons of ice cream to make sure they were still stocked.

                “Gosh, Noona, trying to get some on the job,” Seungri laughed as you hit his arm. “Shut up! I’m not a ert!” you exclaimed, your face ten different shades of red. “Yes you are,” he laughed, “You were definitely feeling his chest up!”

                “I was not!”

                Daesung’s ears were bright red at this point.

                “Just shut up!” you covered up the younger boy’s mouth with your hand, finally gaining some peace for the moment. “Eww! You me!” you exclaimed before rubbing your hand off on your pants. “Now I’m unsanitary!” you sighed before walking to the sink to wash your hands.

                “Stop my girlfriend, Seungri-ah,” Daesung said with a small laugh, showing his amusement. “So you get to her and I don’t?”

                “W-what?” Daesusng blushed bright red and his eyes widened. “Well I mean, you two were about to kiss and if-”

                “Don’t poison his mind!” you exclaimed, throwing your used paper towel ball at him. “He’s a guy,” he said before catching it and tossing it into the trash, “his brain is already poisoned.” A customer walked in and the bickering ceased for a few minutes, but immediately started up again once the customer left. The rest of the shift was spent in much the same manner.

                Finally, when it was over and you were safely in Daesung’s car, you sighed. “Something was wrong with that kid today,” you mumbled, making Daesung chuckle slightly before reaching over to give your hand a reassuring squeeze. “Yes but at least we get a date tomorrow. So, we get some alone time?”

                “With our luck, he’ll show up there too,” you said, enjoying the feeling of his hand in yours. “We need to find a Seungri proof place,” Daesung mumbled, going a little extra slow down your street. “When you discover such a place, let me know,” you said with a laugh.

                “That’ll be where our next date will be.” You giggled and nodded before he pulled up to the building. “I’ll see you tomorrow,” you said before leaning across the seat to kiss his cheek. He blushed lightly tried to return the gesture, but you were already out the car and walking up towards your apartment. He’d have to wait till tomorrow to get his chance.