Chapter 2

My Kind Of Love

 

The doors opened to reveal the receptionist panting very heavily. 

"I'm sorry agashi, but what is your purpose of coming here?" he asked out of breath.

"I'm here to clean apartment 126 on the 12th floor."

"Oh! You're Mrs Lee's daughter Kyung Mi right? She told me that she wasn't feeling well so she sent you to clean up the place. I'm sorry about that. It's just we can't just let anyone in you know." He said with a note of relief. 

"It's ok. I understand." I gave him a warm smile.

He let the elevator door go and waved goodbye.

~~~

"123...124...125...126." I stopped in front of the door and gave it a good look before entering the pin on the lock pad. 'Ding dong ding' the door sounded informing me that I was allowed to enter. 

After pushing the door open I found myself yet again in awe. At the entrance a collection of what seemed to be mens shoes were neatly organised on the floor and on a big shoe rack beside the door. 

I continued to walk towards the living room. There was a large TV screen at the end of the room which was opposite a long black couch. The walls were painted white which gave the place a heavenly glow. I took one last look at the living room before going to the kitchen. Just like the living room, the walls were also white and the interior decorations were black.

Then something immediatly caught my eye. There, placed on the table was a plate of carbonara and a note which said:

'Ahjumma!

You said you wanted carbonara right? I hope you like it!

Eat well! :)'

Umma gets food aswell? Maybe I should fill in for her more often!
I contemplated on whether or not I should eat the delicious dish in front of me but I decided not to when I noticed the time.

7:45. I still have homework to do so I'll clean really quick and go home around 9:30. That should give me enough time to clean right? 

I quickly scanned through evey room of the apartment to see how much I had to clean. 6 bedrooms? How many people live here?! 

I'll start with the cleanest room. Oh yeah! I forgot to text umma. I took out my phone and texted her real quick and then threw the phone on the bed closest to me. 

~~~

"Waaah...I'm finally done!" I said throwing myself on the sofa. I looked at my watch again.

9:50. Darn! The last bus leaves in 10 minutes. I quickly put away all the cleaning equipment I used, put on my shoes and ran out the door. 

I got there just in time to see the bus driving away. Crap! How am I gonna get home now? I'll just call umma...Oh wait...I forgot that she's sick. I'll call unnie to come pick me up. Thank God that she finally got the car she had been saving up for.
I reached into my bag to find that my phone was not there. Where the heck did I put it? 

'I forgot to text umma. I took out my phone and texted her real quick and then threw the phone on the bed closest to me.'

Urgh! I hate it when I do this to myself! It is now 10:10. Umma should be expecting me to come home soon. She'll be so worried when she notices that I'm still not home yet. I should hurry and get my phone. 

~~~

[Jae Mi's POV]

10:25. It was my turn to close the bubble tea shop today. Jiho and Haneul have already gone home. I can't wait to go home and sleep after such a long and tiring day. 

'Neoui sesangeuro yeorin barameul tago~'

I took my phone and answered it. 

"Jae-ah! Have you tried ringing Mimi? She hasn't come home yet and she is not picking her phone up." Umma said in a distressed tone.

"Umma! Calm down. I'm pretty sure she'll be home soon." I said trying to comfort her. The last thing I wanted was her high blood pressure to return again.

"But I'm pretty sure that the last bus was at 10:00. It's now 10:30, she should have been home 15 minutes ago." She panicked. 

"Arraso umma. Don't worry. I'll call her now and pick her up myself."

"Ok."

"I'll call you if she picks up her phone,ok?"

"Ok. I'll see you later."

I ended my call with umma and dialed Mimi's number.

[Kai's POV]

'She's my lady....' This is the 10th time its rang.

"Ahh!! Please make it stop!" Sehun complained covering his ears. "No offence Kyungsoo hyung."

Ever since I found the phone on my bed it's been ringing non stop. I looked at the screen and saw that it was no longer 'umma' calling but it was 'unnie'.

"Hyung, maybe we should answer it." I suggested to Suho hyung. Here we are, all of EXO, in the middle of our sitting room circling around the foreign object. The phone obviously belonged to a girl as her phone cover was definitely not one that a guy would own and also, her 'unnie' is now calling her.

"No hyung! I'm telling you that it's probably a sasaeng fans' phone." Sehun protested. 

"And can you tell how they got in here, my dear dongsaeng?" Luhan snickered.

"You don't know what those people are capable of doing. If they can do it to the DBSK sunbaes I'm sure they can do it us!"

Then Kyungsoo came running into the room with a plate in his hands. "Guys! Ahjumma didn't eat the carbonara I cooked for her." he cried out. "She always eats the food I cook." He said dissapointed.

"I'll gladly eat it for you Kyung Soo-ah." Xiu Min said eyeing the plate of goodness in front of him.

'She's my lady...'

It was 'unnie' ringing again. Without hesitation Suho hyung reached out for the phone and answered it.

"Yoboseyo?...yobo-uuhhh...who are you?...who is the owner-" Hyung who didn't get to finish his question looked at the phone in surprise. "She hung up on me!"

We all burst into laughter until we heard 'ding dong ding' and we all averted our attention to the door.

[Kyung Mi's POV]

I entered the apartment again only to find that this time the slippers that were at the entrance were replaced by more mens shoes. The owners must be home. I'll leave now before they notice that I'm here. I tiptoed my way back to the door and just as I was about to turn the handle, a voice asked,

"Who are you?"

It was too late to run as I was already discovered. I slowly turned around to face the person who had called me and to my surprise it wasn't just any person. 

"Baekhyun..."   

===

Hope you liked this chapter guys! ^^  Again, sorry for any typos. 

Please do comment and subcribe. 

iluved5: Thank you so much for commenting! I hope you continue to like it! :)

 

-jkmusicable-