Chapter 20

My Kind Of Love

[No one's POV]

"Are you sure you don't mind closing up again Jae? You still have to study for that test you have tomorrow don't you?" Jiho asked again.

"It's ok oppa! I'll study after I finish cleaning up. Now go! Haneul unnie's probably waiting for you." Jae Mi assured him.

"Alright. If you say so. Don't forget to lock up before you start cleaning ok?"

"Don't worry, I won't! Have fun with unnie!" She waved goodbye as he closed the door. 

Jae stood still for a few seconds to make sure that Jiho was gone. After hearing his car engine she looked around the shop. Tables had rubbish stacked on them, blenders had to be washed and the floor, mopped. That wasn't the worst part, she had to study while doing all these things. 

"How am I gonna get all of this done!" She cried and pulled her hair in frustration. She then took a deep breath and composed herself. 

"I might as well start now rather than wasting my time complaining. Ok. First I'll clean the tables and then I'll take a break to study."

After clearing all the tables, she sat down and opened her books. "Just two chapters and then I'll finish cleaning up. Fighting Jae!"

~~~

The door bell chimed as someone entered the small shop. 

"Jae?" The person walked closer to the small figure who's head was resting on the table. 

Noticing that she was asleep he placed his hand over his mouth before he could wake her up. He was about to fix the books on the table when he saw a cloth in her hand. 

"This girl just never stops working does she?" 

Looking around the shop it was obvious that Jae had not finished cleaning yet. So, he decided to take some of the weight off her shoulders and finish cleaning the shop.

~~~

[Jae's POV]

Ugh. How long was I asleep for? Wait! I forgot to close the door.

I quickly shot up from the chair and ran towards the door. 

"I already locked it." A voice said from behind me. Huh? That voice sounds really familiar. 

"Oppa!" I gasped as I turned around and found the owner of the voice holding a plastic bag in each hand. 

"Did I wake you up?" He asked with a worried tone. "I should have been quieter." 

"No, it's ok oppa." I rushed over to him and took the plastic bags from his hands before taking them outside. "What are you doing here?" I asked as I entered the shop again.

"Actually I'm not really sure as to why I'm here. I was so lost in my thoughts and before I knew it, I was standing in front of the shop." He said as he scratched the back of his head. 

I laughed at his explanation and nodded my head. "Oookaay? Well thanks for cleaning up. You really didn't have to." 

"Don't worry about it. I'm glad I could help. You deserved some sleep, I'm sure you're tired from work and college." 

"So what were you thinking about anyway?" I asked, curious as to what had led him here.

"It's nothing really." He replied in a gloomy tone.

"Are you sure? It doesn't sound like it's nothing." 

He looked at me and hesitated as to whether or not he should tell me. 

"How about we go for a walk?" 

~~~

"Isn't the Han River so pretty at night time?" I smiled as I looked at the scenery in front of us. I waited for him to respond but I was once again met with silence. 

"I love coming here to clear my head when I feel sad or stressed about something. The beautiful lights and the sound of the river flowing somehow makes me feel calm and peaceful inside." I said as I turned to look at his somber face . "You don't have to tell me anything oppa, but if you ever need someone to talk to just know that I'm here for y-"

"I got an email." He stated before I could finish my sentence.

"An email? From who?" 

"From her." 

I watched as he took a seat on the bench closest to us, waiting for him to continue. 

"My ex girlfriend." 

I sat next to him as I saw the cloudy expression in his eyes. "What did it say?" 

"She congratulated me on our debut and told me that she's happy for me, that I finally achieved my dreams in becoming a singer. She also told me that she's engaged..." He paused before continuing his sentence. "...to my best friend." 

I stared at him shocked and unsure as to what I could say to him. "What happened between you two? I mean, you don't have to answer my question if you don't want to." I quickly took back my words as I realised what I had just said. 

He looked at me with a dull expression as he told me the story of his first love. 

"We met each other in our 2nd year of high school and quickly developed feelings for each other so we started dating. We were so in love with each other but during the last days of our senior year in high school I found out that her parents didn't approve of me and because of that I went through my 'bad boy' phase and I became the worst boyfriend to her. I would treat her badly and take her for granted. We were constantly fighting with each other for months. It wasn't until she went on vacation with her family for 2 months at the end of our 1st year of college that I realised how much I loved her and that I couldn't stand not being with her. So when she came back I rushed to her house to tell her exactly how I feel but when I told her how much I loved her she..."

"She what?" 

"She told me to leave and that it's over between us. She told me she didn't love me anymore and she never really did in the first place. She said she was just young and stupid at the time. I stood there shocked at the realisation that the 3 and a half years of our relationship was all a lie. She even laughed in my face telling me how pathetic I was in believing that she actually loved me. After that she shut the door and that was the last time I saw or heard from her."  

"Oppa..." I quietly called out to him. I didn't know what to say to him. His story was so sad that I was speechless. 

"Turns out the reason why she broke up with me was that she fell in love with my old best friend. Apparently their parents were close friends and they only found out when they went to a party with their families and saw each other there. From then on they became close and long story short, they fell in love. So now they're getting married." 

"Why did she send you an email bringing up the past? Isn't that a bit too cruel?" I stated with a hint of irritation in my voice. 

"She apologised for being so mean and heartless back then and she hopes that I'll come to the wedding." Seeing him with such a depressed and confused look made me feel so sad and I sympathised him, I knew exactly what he felt back then and what he is feeling right now.

Before I knew it I felt a tear slide down my cheek. I quickly turned away from him so that he wouldn't see but it was too late.

"Jae? What's wrong? I'm so sorry, I didn't mean to make you cry." He said with guilt as he wiped away my tear. "I'm sorry that you had to hear all this, I know you're probably bored of listening to me. I just didn't know who to talk to." 

"No, it's ok oppa. I'm sorry that you had to experience something as horrible as that. No one should ever have to go through that." I said with anger and hurt in my voice remembering the painful memories that I experienced during those times.  

"Oppa, I think I might know exactly how you're feeling right now." He looked at me confused as to what I meant. 

I got up from the bench and walked closer to the railings by the river. I closed my eyes and took a deep breath as I got ready to tell him about a memory in my past that I have constantly tried and failed to erase. A memory that I will now share with Luhan.

===

Hey you ! I really wanted to update so that I could make up for my crappy last chapter. ^^

JaeHan chapter for you guys! (very looong chapter, nearly 1,500 words! ><)

Did you notice that I didn't write the name of the guy till the very end?

If you did, who did you think it was? :)

Let me know down in the comment section and please do subscribe if you finally want to know Jae's story. ^^

(ajlsdjhgfkl;jtriosh njimvm;tgruea;ujhiogrueapwhingjwenrlaitoysnaql!!!!!!!!!)
 

Till next time,

-jkmusicable-