Something To Believe

A Journey To Fall In Love {Hiatus}

Soon, the Spring season came. Over the past months Allie & Taemin have been hanging out more and not to mention longer than usual. But one fine day, Taemin asks Allie to meet in front of the university's admissions office. Luckily, there was a bench just across from the entrance door and Allie sat waiting for him. "He said to be here at 12 PM. It's 2 PM. Lee Taemin, where are you?!" When he asked Allie to meet him there he asked if she could dress more formal & dolled-up than she usually would.
"Tch." She scoffed. "Look at myself; I dressed up for nothing." 2 PM turned into 3:30 PM and still, he didn't show. Allie stood up from the bench and faced the fact he wasn't ever coming.

Allie walked down the university's grand steps, leaving the campus behind. "Allie!" She thought she heard someone call out but when she turned around, saw nothing. "Great, now I'm hearing things. How delusional of me to think that a he would wanna be friends with me?" Just to her luck, it started to pour as she spoke her words of angst. The rain drops shot down from the sky and trickled down her skin, soaking her what-used-to-be perfectly groomed out clothes. 

Taemin looked out the window of the taxi he was in. "I hope she's stays in the shade." He thought horribly, thinking of what might've happened to her. "Allie, please wait for me." Earlier this day, Taemin had a workshop for one of his classes. Everyone in this class were to attend. He though he would be released by 10 AM but instead was released at 12 PM. Let's not forget, the traffic but also the fact that it was held on the outskirts of Seoul. 

Still stuck in the traffic, he dialed Allie but to no avail, there wasn't an answer. He got anxious, praying that she hadn't left already ; even though he was more than what was now 4 hours late. Taemin looked out the window again to see where he was at. The university was just a walking distance from where he was. Coming up with a plan, Taemin paid the driver a rough amount of what the bill was and told him to keep the change. Getting out of the taxi, Taemin sprinted to the university's admissions building. No one was there. He scurried around the whole main campus, thinking Allie might've gone somewhere for shade. But still, no one.

Being disappointed, Taemin furiously threw down the cap he wore on his head. "Why, out of all days, why today?" He looked around him, hoping that she was just hiding. A few minutes pass and reality got to him. Taemin started to walk back to his dormitory. Out in the cold rain, Taemin didn't even bother to run. Instead, he strolled down the sidewalk meanwhile humming a song. As if the situation wasn't already worse, the rain only poured bigger drops of rain. Taemin picked up his pace a little and ran. Ahead of him, he saw another person umbrella-free & soaked from head to dainty toe. If he wasn't mistaken, she looked exactly like Allie. Hoping that it was her, Taemin ran faster and called out her name.

"ALLIE!" She heard someone call out her name again. "Pfft. I'm hearing things again. I already got stood up by him. I even did as he told & dressed up nicely. I'm not going to keep making myself appear as an idiot. I am not looking back. I am pretty sure that isn't him & that I'm just desperate" She talked to herself as she began to run in her ballet flats, releasing all her anger, adrenalline and sorrow.

"ALLIE!" Taemin called out again. Still, she didn't turn back. "I guess it isn't her." Getting tired, restless, and lazy Taemin flagged another taxi down to take him home. When he arrived home, he changed into dry clothes and called up Allie. She recieved his call and saw Taemin's name as the caller ID. "Ahh, so you decide to call me, eh? You brain." Allie's temper was rising but she gave out a brief yet deep sigh. "Yobosaeyo!" She chimed cheerfully. 
"Allie-ssi."
"Oh! Taemin. How are you?"
"I'm doing fine."
"That's good."
"Umm, you didn't meet me today, Allie." Taemin spoke out forwardly, not knowing how to put it. 
"Oh.." Allie didn't know what to say. Oh! Oh! Oh! So, I didn't meet you today? Look who's talking! ; She thought in her head.
"Or, were you there earlier but left since I didn't show up?"
"Anniya, I actually didn't bother going." Allie lied, thinking that she's making him taste his own 'medicine', "I thought you were joking."
"Oh." Taemin chuckled afterwards and thought : So, you think our friendship is a joke?
"Why? Did you show up or something?"
"Umm.. I actually did go but I was a couple hours late."
"Chincha?"
"Mm." Taemin nodded over the phone. "I'll talk to you later." The call ended abrupt.

Allie looked at her phone. "I feel kinda guilty telling him that I didn't bother going. Well-- he deserved it." She walked sternly away from her phone. But then, her cellphone rang. It rang the tone, specially programmed for Taemin's SMS. Upon hearing the tone, Allie ran back to her phone without giving a second thought. It read: "Allie-ssi. I feel like this isn't right. Meet me at the restaraunt just downstairs from your apartment at 7PM Tomorrow. Please wear something pretty. Arraso? Take care and sleep tight." After reading his message, she couldn't help but grow a smile on her face.


A/N
Annyeonghasaaeeyoooooo! Okay, maybe not. I tried something more.. dramatic rather than comedic and ridiculous. Anyways.. I hope you enjoyed my amazingly terribly update! Woo! I'll probably update again later.