Ajummas and Ajusshis

A Journey To Fall In Love {Hiatus}

It was time for them to plan. Onew and Ami met up over at the Chan's house for a dinner.

The doorbell rang. The Lee's have arrived.

"Welcome Mr. and Mrs. Lee." Ami smiled and bowed to greet them.

"Pish, posh. You and Onew have been getting along so well. Feel free to call me umma." Baekhee smiled and gave a warm hug to Ami, who was gleaming with joy.

"If you're going to call her umma, call me appa. Neh?" Jungwoo looked at Ami with eyes that were twinkling.

Onew came in last. "Same goes for you Onew, just call us umma and appa." Hyukjae and Eunbi lead the family to the dinning room.

Before Ami could dash along with them, Onew briskly walked next to her and made the official statement that he was hers; placing a kiss on her lips.

Ami was shocked. Onew was anxious about her reaction. To make things even more awkward, he placed his arm around her.

"Hey." He smiled at her shyly.

"That was..uncalled for."

"Oh..sorry. Too fas-"

"No, I just gotta get used to it." Ami hugged Onew tight.

 

"Take a seat, take a seat." Eunbi showed them to the table.

As dinner started, the questions started to pour.

"So, how was the two weeks spent?" Jungwoo looked at Onew and Ami, who looked at each other upon hearing the question.

"You guys didn't do anything unexpected, right?" Hyukjae eyeballed them.

"No. No. No." Onew waved his hands signaling a clear 'no'.

"We actually learned more about each other." Ami brought her hand next to Onew's.

"And enjoyed each other's company." He hesitantly and slowly placed his hand over hers.

"That's good, that's good." Eunbi nodded with a face obviously stating she was glad.

Baekhee was more than happy. "Aigo! I can't belive this! The marriage is going to happen!" She clapped her hands, "We should start planning now!"

Eunbi agreed, "What about the engagement ring, the announcement?" She started to ponder.

"Way ahead of you, ma." Ami held up her hand, brightly shinning the engagement ring.

"When did this happen!?" Jungwoo nearly spat out his mouthful of food.

"When she met SHINee." Onew smirked.

"Oh wow. So, how are we going to announce this to the rest of Korea?"

"That's why we have you guys." Onew and Ami innocently smiled at the parents.

"Besides announcing, how is this thing going to look like, eh?" Hyukjae asked.

"We want green." Onew smiled. Ami nodded assuring it's a color they've settled on.

"What?!"

"Green?!"

The troublesome ajummas seemed to dissagree with the couple.

"Why? What's wrong with that?" Jungwoo looked at the ummas.

"It will look like someon barfed all over the place!" Baekhee overreacted.

"Yeobo, it's their wedding." Hyukjae reminded her.

"Can't us parents have a say though?" Baekhee argued.

"Well, have you at least decided on a theme?" Eunbi asked.

Before either one of them opened their mouth, Baekhee stopped and interrupted. "No food of any kind. That includes poultry as well as chicken."

Eunbi yelped, "Oh yes! Anything but that. This gonna be a wedding! Not a butcher's shop!"

"It's enough we have this reputation of being butchers let alone your chicken obsession. We're not going to turn this wedding into a chicken palooza."

Ami and Onew laughed at the ridiculousness.

"We were thinking of a classic church wedding in December. Just in time for our birthdays." They smirked at each other. Meanwhile, the ajummas were still debating on god knows what.

Hyukjae started to nod his head in approval, "It's decent. How about you, Jungwoo."

"Better than chicken. We'd be smelling as horrid as Baekhee's cooking." Jungwoo made it loud and clear to get the women to stop bickering against whatever it is they were talking about.

"Excuse me, yeobo. What did you say?" Baekhee shot daggers through her eyes.

"Didn't you hear of what the children spoke about for the wedding?"

"Of course! They wanted chicken! We strongly disagree."

"Actually they wanted a traditional December wedding." Hyukjae pointed out.

"I knew that." Eunbi rolled her eyes.