CHAPTER NINE: Siwon's Party Part One; Wookie's Cooking and Realization

Mysterious, Confused, In Love

 

                                                                       CHAPTER NINE
                                                                 
                                                                    RYEOWOOK'S POV
 
            It was five in the afternoon and it was Saturday, meaning today is the day for Siwon-hyung's party. I decided to cook some food o bring to his house for the party. Despite the fact that I loved in a big house with mades that can do the cooking nstead of me, I decided to cook the food myself. It was more thoughtful to do it yourself. Besides, I love to cook. I was often praised for it by the maids, my parents, and the visitors that we sometimes had. It was probably the one thing that I was most confident in. 
 
          Mouthwatering scents soon filled the kitchen as I stirred the sauce of th fettucini alfredo that I'm cooking for the party. There would be at least ten people there at Siwon-hyung's house, so I'm cooking up a big serving. I'd also be making blueberry cheesecake for dessert, which is Yoona's favourite. She's gonna go nuts when she finds out I made her her most favourite dish in the world. I put all the pasta in a big,glass casserole container and closed the lid. Then, I began preparing Yoona's favourite dessert.
 
           As I waited for the blueberry cheesecake to bake in the oven, I began thinking about my conversation with Yoona last night. Do I really have feelings for Kyuhyun? Well...there's something there alright, but do I actually love him? Am I in love with him? I can't deny that I think he's handsome and is dangerously attractive and that I am attracted to him, but still, he hurt me. He made fun of me and insulted me. But why did my heart ache when I saw tears falling from his eyes? Why does it hurt more to see him hurt than him hurting me? Why-
 
        *DING* Oh my cheesecake is done! My thoughts were interrupted when I heard the oven signalling that the blueberry cheesecake it contains are finished baking. As I walked towards it, I was immersed in its warm, delectable aroma. I asked one of the maids to put all the food in a baskt and put some cloth/blanket over it to keep it warm. I climbed the stais to my room to get ready and then went back down ito the kitchen to get the basket of food.
 
 "Oh my god, Wookie are you cooking?!" Sungmin-hyung's voice suddenly boomed within the kitchen, startling me.
 
"What are you doing here, hyung?" I asked, confused as to why he's in my house. 
 
"I'm here to pick you up silly! AND WHATEVER IT IS YOU'RE COOKING HAND IT OVER! I swear, only your cooking can smell that good!" he said with  goofy grin on his hungry expression.
 
"Thanks hyung, but I'm all done. Don't worry though, I've cooked for the party. You'd be getting some later when we get there," I giggled, patting his head. He pouted cutely at this and I couldn't resist so I pinched his cheeks, making him pout more. 
 
" Umma! Appa! I'll be leaving now! See you later!" I yelled. They somewhere in the house, so they probably heard me.
 
"OMO! My Wookie is so adorable! Have fun honey!" my mom squealed, running towards me. She pinched mine and hyung's cheeks. I whined and Sungmin-hyung giggled.
 
"Take care of each other, arraso?" my dad said, smiling warmly. We nodded then bowed in agreement. Then, we both hugged my parents and walked to the door. 
 
"WE LOVE YOU!" my parents yelled.
 
"WE LOVE YOU TOO!" Sungmin-hyung and I yelled, laughing at my parents' lovey-doveyness.
 
 
             Sungmin-hyung and I drove drove to Siwon-hyung's house cheerily. We laughed and sang along to the songs on the radio. I missed this. I missed being carefree with my cousin. We were singing along to 'Be My Baby' by the WonderGirls when we arrived at Siwon-hyung's house. Sungmin-hyung and I got out of his car and walked, smilling towards the giant double doors of Siwon-hyung's mansion. A maid let us in and led us to Siwon's cavernous bedroom that looked more like a condo. It had a living room, dining room and a small kitchen. Everyone was already there: Donghae, Eunhyuk, Heechul, Leeteuk, Kangin, Hangeng, Kibum, Yesung, Yoona,Kyuhyun and of course, Siwon. Sungmin-hyung and I were greeted by smiles and a hug attack by Yoona.
 
"HEY WOOKIE! HI MINNIE HYUNG! Finally, you guys made it!" Yonna attacked us both with hugs and, bouncing in excitement.
 
"Why are you always so hyper?" I laughed, making her pout cutely. Then, she started sniffing.
 
"Is that.....?" *sniff* *sniff* "OH MY GOD, IS THAT FOOD?! WOOKIE!! OH MY GOSH, CAN I HAVE SOME??!! I REALLY MISSED YOUR COOKING! DID YOU MAKE MY FAVOURITE?! OH MY GAWD, WOOKIE!!!!" Yoona almost screamed, practically bouncung off the walls and tugging crazily on my arm. Everyone laughed at her behaviour and she glared at everyone.
 
"Laugh all you want now, but trust me; all of you will be just like me once you've tasted his cooking. Am I right Sungmin-oppa?" she scolded then turned to my bunny-loving cousin, who nodded vigorously in response. Aish, she's overstating things.
 
"Well, I'm starving, so why don't we test Yoona's theory now?" Kangin said, rubbing his tummy.
 
"Um, where are the plates Siwon-hyung?" I asked.
 
"They're over there," he pointed at a big dining table a little ways away from his livingroom, with a stack of porcelein plates, glasses and cutlery. I quietly set the food on the table, filling everone's plates, while they all chatted and joked around with each other. When I was happy with the set up, I walked back to where everyone was to tell them dinner was ready.
 
"Hey guys, food's ready!" I called. Everyone filed in and suddenly stopped in theire tracks, except for Yoona and Sungmin-hyung.
 
"Y-you cooked this?" Eunkyuk's eyes widened in disbelief.
 
"Yeah," I fumbled with the hem of my shirt nervously, my face heating up. Everyone else sat down and started to eat. They all took a bite as I assesed their reactions. Everyone stooped mid-chew and faced me with wide eyes. Oh no..
 
"W-what's wrong? H-how bad is it?" I asked, panicking. Crap! They don't like it! Oh no, this is embarrassing!
 
"Kim Ryeowook...." Donghae said with a serious tone.
 
"Y-yes h-hyung," I asked nervously.
 
"This is the best thing I've ever tasted in my life. Seriously." he said, his face breaking into a wide grin and dug into his food. Everyone nodded with him enthusiastically and dug into their food as well.
 
"Told you guys," Yoona and Sungmin-hyung said smugly in unision on either side of me.
 
"Wow...." someone breathed quietly across from me. My head snapped up and saw that Kyuhyun had a small smile on his face. He began to eat the pasta in earnest, still smiling just a bit. Joy-fillied warmth spread throughout my chest at his simple compliment. I smiled hugely to myself and started to eat too. 
 
      He said 'wow' to my cooking. I made him smile. AAHHHH! HE SMILED AND COMPLIMENTED ME!!! I screamed in my brain. Oh my.. you psycho! Get a hold of yourself!! I thought, mentally face-palming at my crazy thoughts.
 
 
                  While everyone was busy scarfing down the food in the mouths, I couldn't help but steal glances at Kyuhyun. Sometimes, I looked at him for longer than a glance allowed and I'd have to snap myself back into reality before anyone would notice. I was halfway down  eating when I noticed everyone started getting up from the table. I looked at their empty plates, confused.
 
"Eh? You guys are already finished? I'm not even halfway done," I pouted, looking at my plate.
 
"That's because you eat so slow," Heechul teased.
 
"Is there anymore?" Kibum asked sheepishly, scratching the back of his head.
 
"Yeah, I'll go get it," as soon as I set the rest of the fettucini alfredo on the table, Kangin, Kibum, Donghae, Eunhyuk, Sungmin and Yoona began to fight over the serving spoon. I giggled at their childishness and Kyuhyun laugh as well. I glanced at him and averted my eyes quickly and blushed when he caught my eyes. I risked another glance at him and saw that he was blushing too, smiling to himself. Why is he blushing? Aigoo, he's soo cute! He looks so beautiful when he smiles, I thought as I looked down at my lap. I wish I could see him smile more often, he looks so breathtaking when he does. And that's exactly it, he takes my breath away.
 
"Wookie-ah, what are you smiling about?" Siwon asked, looking at me questioningly.
 
"Huh? W-what are you talking about?" I'm smiling? Really? Oh god, I'm being too obvious! Wait, what exactly am I being too abviuos about? I sighed. I guess Yoona's right. Maybe I am in love with Kyuhyun. Well I do have a crush on him, that's for sure, but maybe it grew into something more. Well, there's no point denying it now. If I do, I think I'll go insane. But just because I won't be lying to myself anymore, doesn't mean that anyone else should know. What if he finds out? He's being kind of noce to me now, but he might be mean to me again if he does find out. I sighed again.
 
"Wookie? Earth to Wookie. Hello? WOOKIE!!" I jumped when Sungmin-hyung yelled and snapped his fingers infront of my face.
 
"Oh, mianhe hyung, I didn't notice you," I said sheepishly, my face heating up a bit.
 
"Are you okay? You looked troubled.." he said worriedly.
 
"I'm fine hyung. I was just thinking, that's all," I assured him with a smile. I looked around and saw that everyone was leaning back on their chairs in satisfaction.
 
"Man, I'm so full," Siwon-hyung sighed contentedly.
 
"I'm guessing you guys don't want dessert then?" I teased.
 
"Which dessert did you make? Is it my favourite? Did you make blueberry cheesecake?!" Yoona bounced in her seat excitedly as I went to retrieve it from the basket.
 
"Ta-da! Of course its blueberry cheesecake! I know it's your favourite, so that's why I made it. I remember when you turned fourteen and I made you one with four tiers," I teased and Yoona blushed lightly while everyone chuckled around us.
 
"Four tiers of cheesecake?! Really??!" Hangeng asked in disbelief.
 
"You'll understand once you take a bite," she said, cutting a big slice for herself. Everyone took a slice after her, or atleast I thought that was everyone.
 
           I reached for the cake knife when a warm, soft hand touched mine, reaching for the said object as well. I looked up and saw Kyuhyun's hand over mine. I withdrew my hand quickly and blushed. Oh my shisus, he touched my hand.
 
" You use it first, you made it," he said quietly. I quickly did as he said, blushing beet red. Oh my, he just talked to me. His voice is so smooth, like honey. WOOKIE, FOCUS! 
 
"Aigoo! This tastes like heaven..." Eunhyuk-hyung chewed the cake slowly, eyes closed.
 
"This tastes even better than I remember!" Yoona exclaimed.
 
"You haven't lost your touch," Sungmin-hyung smiled.
 
"This is amazing," I felt a jolt of electricty shoot up my spine at the deep, honey smooth voice. It was Kyuhyun's of course. I continued to eat my cheesecake, refusing to look up, afraid they would all see my redder-than-a-tomato face.
 
            
                Soon, we all finished eating and were all sitting in he livingroom of Siwon-hyung's bedroom. I decided to step outside on the balcony t get some fresh air. And also to think without being under anyone's scrutiny.
 
                
                 Why is Kyuhyun being nice to me all of a sudden? I thought he didn't like me, or hated me even. Maybe I should just forget his past behaviour and start anew. Maybe he just said those mean things to me because he was in a foul mood. I mean, I've done that too. Or maybe he just doesn't like me period. Aigoo, what should I do? I think I'm even more confused now that he's being nice than when he was being not so nice.
 
"You okay?" I jumped at the voice, startled. It was Yoona.
 
"Don't do that! You almost gave me a heart attack," I panted with a hand on my chest, trying to cach my breath.
 
"Sorry," she chuckled. "So, you gonna tell me what happened between yoou and Kyuhyun? You said he was 'teasing' you right? What did he say to you?" she asked. I knew she was mad, but she kept it under control.
 
"Well..." I trailed nervously. I need to choose my words carefully. Yoona can get really protective like Sungmin-hyung. And she could get just as violent as he does too. I can't have Kyuhyun hurt because of that. How do I start....?
 
 
 
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
this chapter got deleted when i finished updating the next one, so i had to delete that one and re-do this one. DON'T WORRY! id still post the next one, and maybe a bit more......hehehe ;)