The End: Purple Velvet

Mysterious, Confused, In Love

 

 
 
 
"We're losing him,"
 
 
"Doctor!"
 
 
"Give me the defibrillator!"
 
 
"Clear!"
 
 
"Nothing,"
 
 
"The family demands to see him,"
 
 
"Again,"
 
 
"Clear!"
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
KYUHYUN'S POV
 
            The edges were my vision were blurry, and all I could see is that it was dark. Something light and tentative was touching my face, as if afraid it would crumble if it pressed too hard on my skin. Slowly, red invaded from behind my closed lids and forced me to open my eyes. I was in a hospital room, and everything in it was white. The walls, bed sheets, pillows, chairs..everything. 
 
 
 
            A woman was standing over me, fine lines and some wrinkles lingering on her pretty face. A woman that was familiar, and someone that I loved so much.
 
 
"Umma,"
 
 
"Kyu-ah, how are you feeling?" She asked gently. She had dark circles under her swollen eyes. It was clear that she had lost sleep and was crying a lot. Not to mention tired.
 
 
I felt guilt wash over me, "I'm fine. You shouldn't worry about me. You need to take care of yourself."
 
"You're my son. I need to worry about you. I thought I was gonna lose you, Kyu," She sniffed as her eyes brimmed with tears.
 
"I'm sorry I made you worry," Guilt ate away at me as my eyes began to tear up as well with the sight of my teary mother.
       
 
 
               She my hair as I rested my head against the pillow. I feel like I was forgetting something. Something very important.
 
Someone...
 
 
"RYEOWOOK!!" I yelled all of a sudden, startling my mother. God, I'm so stupid! How could I forget him?!! 
 
 
"Dear, calm down," my mother placed a hand on my shoulder, trying to calm me.
 
 
"I need to see him. I need to see if he's alright," I frantically tried to stand despite the pain all over my body. I need to see him, tell him I love him and watch his pretty eyes gaze at me with a flustered blush.
 
 
"Kyu.." the air was suddenly tense as my mom fidgeted from where she stood, nervous.
 
 
 
....Am I missing something here? I was silent as I waited for her to continue.
 
 
 
 
 
"Ry-.. Ryeowook is..H-he's.." She looked at me with sad eyes, pleading for...for something.
 
 
 
"He's...?"
 
 
"He's dead, Kyu. I'm really sorry."
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
             All was silent after that. Dead? What did she mean by that? No, he's not dead. My brain refused to believe he reality she presented to me. My mind just rejected the idea. My heart began to beat at a pace that would rival a humming bird's, sweat forming on my brow and my hands clammy.
 
 
 
"No..No, he's not dead,"
 
 
"Kyu.." my mother walked  closer to me with her arms open, ready to take me in her arms.
 
 
"No..."
 
 
"Kyu.."
 
 
"NO! He promised..I promised him we'd get out of there together! He said he'd marry me!! I PROMISED THAT WE'D BE OKAY!!" I fell into her arms and heart wrenching sobs racked my body. My heart that I gave to the one I love, Ryeowook, shattered, never again to be pieced back together.
 
 
"Shh, Kyu. I'm so sorry, Kyu. I'm so sorry.." 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
              The next few days had been hell. I've missed days off of school, and I'll be missing more. Today is his funeral. Ryeowook's funeral.
 
 
               Dressed in a black suit, I stood meters away form everyone else who were looking at his corpse, saying their last words, sorrow in the cold air. I haven't seen his body yet, even when the doctor repeatedly offered. I didn't have the guts to see what my life has really become. To see the result of what my past had brought to him. I should blame Sunny for all this, but I blame myself too. He'd still be breathing if I never put Sunny in my life before. I should've protected him better. I should've kept him away from all harm. Maybe I shouldn't have been acquainted with him in the first place. This is all my fault.
 
 
 
          I walked closer to his white, pristine coffin, each step weighing a ton. I could feel my eyes burn for what felt like the millionth time. I haven't stopped crying since the day I woke up, and I don't think I ever will..
 
 
 
 
 
             There he was, lying perfectly still, as if nothing can ever disturb him. No trace of a bruise was on his face, and for that I was grateful. I don't want to see the remnants of his torture. The torture that I'd indirectly caused. His face was as beautiful as ever, not a hair out of place, a very slight smile on his pale lips. Not a sound was heard, and as I glanced behind me, I could see all the faces of my family, Ryeowook's family, our friends, and all that know him look at me with great pity in their eyes. I gazed at the boy I love as a tear fell on his cheek. I took one of his delicate cold hands and pressed a light kiss on the knuckles. This boy... He's the only person who's truly touched my heart. I leaned my cheek into his chilly hand, willing it to be warm again, to have blood rushing through it's veins and to caress my face like it did my heart and soul. 
 
 
"I love you, Wookie. I'm sorry I didn't fulfill my promise. I'm sorry I couldn't protect you. Please come back to me.. Please, Wookie, I love you too much to let go," my chest heaved with unbearable grief as I whispered the words.
 
 
 
              I slid a hand in my pocket and pulled out a small, purple velvet box. I opened it and took a shining diamond ring and slid it onto his cold ring finger. I kissed the ring, then all of the fingers of his left hand, tears pouring from my eyes. 
 
 
 All I wish for is a miracle. I need him.
          
 
 
                I stood there, gazing at his breathtakingly striking face and closed lids for what felt like seconds until I felt a hand tug at my shoulder.  I ignored it. I just need a bit more time. Maybe even eternity. 
 
 
 "Kyu, we need to go home," my mother said.
 
 
"Please, Wookie. Please come back to me,"
 
 
"Kyu, come on," she tugged a bit harder.
 
 
 
  I let go of Wookie's hand, but I know it in my being that I'd never let go of him. 
 
 
 
                   It was now time to bury him. I watched as someone closed his white coffin, lifting it off the stand to bring it into the hole in the ground. The priest said prayers for my beloved as I heard sniffs and sobs from behind me. The men tied the ropes to the coffin, then began to lower the precious box six feet under ground until it reached the bottom. Everyone looked into the hole in the earth and threw flowers into it, looking at the coffin for the very last time. As soon as everyone was done, it was my turn. 
"Ryeowook...I will never, never ever stop you. I gave you my heart, and wherever you go it will always be with you."
 
 
 
             I dropped a single white rose onto his coffin and I felt a light chilly breeze whistle through me, making me shudder. 
 
 
 
                The men began to shovel in the dirt, and I walked away from them, back to where the chairs were to retrieve the small purple box I dropped there. I picked it up and slid it back into my pocket. It was empty of any rings now, because my Ryeowook has it. Just like how I was now empty, because my Ryeowook holds my heart  with him, six feet under. 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
            Lying in my bed, I longed for Ryeowook. His beautiful eyes. His smile. His laughter....As I thought of him, I drifted to sleep.
 
 
"Kyu!"
 
 
"Kyu!"  that voice..
 
 
"Kyu!!" Ryeowook?
 
 
"Wookie?" I looked behind me. It was him!
 
 
"Wookie!" I ran to him across the meadow of flowers and grass and engulfed him in my arms. His scent, his warmth..It felt so real.
 
 
"Kyu, please wake up," 
 
 
Huh? I pulled back in confusion to look at his doe eyes.
 
 
"Wake up,"
 
 
"Kyu, wake up,"
 
 
What is he talking about..
 
 
"Please, wake up,"
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
*BEEP BEEP BEEP*
    
 
 
            I jolted awake, disoriented. Oh, that was just a dream. I wish it wasn't though.
 
 
            
           Days passed by and I kept having the same dream every night. I would see him in a meadow full of grass and flowers, bathing in sunlight. I'd run to him and hug him, sometimes shower his face with kisses, sometimes kiss him senseless, but it always ended the same way. He'd beg me to wake up. He was doing that again tonight, but I've had enough. 
 
 
"Kyu, Please wake up," he said in his angelic voice, his eyes wide, begging and irresistible. 
 
 
"No,"
 
 
"Please, Kyu,"
 
 
"No, I'm not leaving you again,"
 
 
"Kyu, please,"
 
 
"I need to be with you again, Wookie. And if that means I'd have to stay in my dreams forever, then so be it."
 
 
"Kyu, I'm begging you,"
 
 
"Wookie.." his eyes were b with tears, my resolve faltering. I cupped his face with both hands and pressed my lips to his. 
 
 
"Please,"
 
 
"Please, Kyu. Please, I'm begging you. Please, wake up..."
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
             Everything turned hazy after that, and a bright, burning light began to shine. No! Wookie!! I don't want to wake up! I want to be with my Wookie! The bright light turned orangey, red and pink. It hurt my eyes. I felt a warm caress on my face.
 
 
"Wookie," my lips whispered. An incessant beep sounded close to me, beeping continuously. 
 
 
"Kyu," ...
 
 
"Kyu, please wake up," a voice, weak and strained whispered to me.
 
 
"Please wake up," Wookie..
 
 
"Kyu, please.." that's him. 
 
 
"Wookie," I croaked out loud, fluttering my  lids open only to see the face I've been longing to see. My heart was already beating faster,
though my mind wasn't trusting my eyes. I'm afraid this is another dream and it would all disappear when I wake up form it.
 
 
"KYU!" a pair of frail arms enclosed themselves around my neck as I sat up, confusion freezing me.
 
 
"Wookie?"
 
 
"My god, I'm so glad you're awake!! I've been so worried about you!" his voice was small and I felt tears soaking my chest as he buried his face in it, his legs straddling me. 
 
 
 
 
          Reality started to sink in. His, voice, his warmth, his scent, his breath...It was all real. He's really alive..
 
 
"WOOKIE! YOU'RE ALIVE! I'M SO SORRY YOU WERE HURT BECAUSE OF ME! I'M SO SORRY I DIDN'T PROTECT YOU! I'M-" 
 
 
 
           Sweet, soft lips forced my to shut up, leaving me dazed. He pulled away and smiled at me, his face pale, eyes red and puffy with dark circles, his cute button nose red too, but he was still beautiful all the same. 
 
 
"Don't apologize, it wasn't your fault," he held my hand and his thumb my cheek. I looked at his yellow hospital gown and raked
his form with my eyes. I've longed to see him so much. 
 
 
"But-"
 
 
"Shh, if you want to make it up to me, then kiss me," his cheeks blushed a deep red as he said the bold flirtatious words. I smirked at
him but with gentle eyes.
 
 
 
      I pressed my lips to his again, cupping his face in my hands and his arms locking themselves around my neck. I his bottom lip, asking fro entrance. He sighed in delight and parted his lips a little, my tongue slipping through and tracing the territory of his warm, sweet cavern that I desire so very much, and groaned. I deepened the kiss, snaking my arms around his tiny waist and pressing him impossibly close to me. He moaned and whimpered as I ravished his mouth until someone cleared their throat and we stopped abruptly, startled.
 
 
"Now, now. If you're going to do that, do it somewhere else. And while you're mom isn't in the room," the voice of my mother said in mock annoyance, clearly joking.
 
 
"Mom!" I was delighted to see her, but maybe not now when I was busy retracing the lines of my boyfriend's mouth.
 
 
"Hey, there," I looked behind my mother and saw all our friends. Kibum, Eunhyuk, Kangin, Hangeng, Siwon, Donghae, Leetuek, Sungmin, Heechul, and my brother, Yesung. Yoona was here too.
 
 
"Oh you two are so cute!" Yoona squealed and clapped her hands with dreamy eyes.
 
 
"About time you woke up! Ryeowookie here won't stop begging you to wake up, it was starting t irritate me! If you didn't wake up today,
I would've probably threw cold water at your face to make you wake up," Heechul said with a playful smirk.
 
 
"Hyung!" Wookie whined and blushed again. Oh that blush...
 
 
"Ahem.. Wookie, do you like that position?" Sungmin giggled, smirking too. 
 
 
        Wookie tried pulling away form me, but I held him by the waist tightly, unwilling to let go.
 
 
"Kyu, let go," he whined cutely as he blushed, pouting.
 
 
"No," I kissed his nose and his eyes fluttered shut with a small smile paying at his pink lips.
 
 
"Awww, you guys are adorable," Siwon, the tall horse, cooed. That man was too cheesy.
 
 
"Kyuu~" Wookie whined again and struggled. He was straddling my hips, but I like it this way because..
 
 
"Eeep!! Kyu!!" Wookie yelped with his high voice as I pinched his perky . I smirked at him and chuckled. I kissed him hard and felt
him relax against me, his hands on my broad chest.
 
 
"No," I whispered huskily against his lips. He whimpered in response.
 
 
"It seems that we were interrupting something here. We'll see you guys tomorrow alright?" Yesung said suggestively and the tip of Ryeowook's ears burned red. He's too adorable, this boy!
 
 
"YAH!" he shouted as we all laughed, his nose buried itself in the crook of my neck to hide form embarrassment. 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
                   A week had passed and we were back in school. Pretty much everything had been settled. Sunny is in a mental facility (THANK GOD!),  and Minho and his friends had apologized and promised not to bother us again. I was reluctant to forgive his at first, but I did eventually. I know he won't try anything again because if he does, his is going to jail. He's lucky Ryeowook convinced me not to report him to the police along with Sunny. 
 
 
 
 
                It was a beautiful day, and it was lunch time. We're now back at school after two weeks in the hospital. Apparently I was in a coma for four days, and Ryewook's been begging me to wake up, as Heechul said, ever since he opened his eyes. 
 
 
"Say ah, Kyu," Wookie held a spoon to my lips with his delicious homemade soup in it. I opened my mouth and he fed it to me, a cute smile on his kissable, full lips. 
 
 
"AWWW!!~" Yoona, our designated fan girl, cooed at us and I chuckled as Wookie blushed. I'll never get tired of that blush.
Like I said, everything had been pretty much settled. Except for one thing...
 
 
"Hey, Wookie?" he tilted his head cutely at me.
 
 
"Yeah, Kyu?"
 
 
"Meet me after school by the cherry blossom tree in the courtyard, neh?"
 
 
"Arasso," he nodded. 
 
 
 
 
 
              
               I had some serious catching up to do, but school just isn't that important to me right now. I'm nervous as hell, anticipating what I'm about to do later. Time won't move fast enough. Every time I'd always glanced at the clock instead of listening to the teachers drone away. Really, I tried to listen but I couldn't concentrate. Especially since my Wookie and I had most of our classed together. If I wasn't glancing nervously at the clock, I'd stare at his beautiful face and try my best not to drool. If I wasn't the genius, Cho Kyuhyun, I would've been screwed.
 
 
                Finally, school is over! I ran to the only cherry blossom tree in the school's courtyard and waited for Ryeowook, my whole being tense. As soon as I saw him, I called for him and opened my arms as he ran into them. I wrapped my arms around him and he suddenly looked up as he felt how tense I was. 
 
 
"Kyu?" he questioned me and I kissed him hard, not caring if anyone saw. I pulled away reluctantly and saw a light blush powder his chubby cheeks.
 
 
"I love you,  Kim Ryeowook," I tightened my hold on his thin waist as I said the words.
 
 
"I love you too, Cho Kyuhyun," he gazed at me with loving eyes, and my heart swelled at the tenderness in them and his voice. 
 
 
"My heart belongs to you and you only. My whole being belongs to you and you only," 
 
 
"Kyu.." he whispered.
 
 
"I love you, Kim Ryeowook," I repeated as I gathered his smaller hands in mine, dropping down on to one knee. I looked up into his
shocked doe eyes. I swallowed hard.
 
 
"My heart belongs to you and you alone, and all I wish for is for your heart to belong to me, and only me. Will you do that for me, Wookie? Will you let us belong to each other, and each other alone? Will you let me love forever?" I pulled out a small, purple velvet box from my pocket and he gasped, one of his hands leaving mine to cover his mouth in shock. I can do this. Fighting!
 
 
"Will you marry me, Kim Ryeowook?" I stared into his beautiful orbs with all the love I could muster. Please, Wookie, marry me. Let me love you forever...
 
 
"Kyu.."
 
 
"Wookie.."
 
 
       He pulled me up all of a sudden and kissed me as tears ran down his high cheekbones. Please say something..
 
 
"Yes, Kyu. I'll marry you. I'll marry you a million times if I could. I Love you so much!!" he blubbered as he sobbed with joy, hugging me and clinging onto my neck tightly. 
 
 
           I picked him up and spun him around, the petals form the cherry blossom tree cascading down gently onto the ground and onto us, crating an ethereal scene. His lovely features and lips curved up in a smile, gazing into my eyes and assuring my soul with his love. 
 
 
"Thank you, Wookie," I cupped his cheek as a lone tear of relief plopped down. 
 
 
"I love you, Cho Kyuhyun," he kissed the tear away as I slid the shining diamond ring onto his ring finger on his left hand, kissing the ring and all the knuckles of his hand right after. 
 
 
"I love you too, Cho Ryeowook."
 
 
 
 
 
 
-   THE END -
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 
what the hell did i just write? 
this fic began as fluff, but i put some serious amount of angst in it too
oh well...
MY VERY FIRST FIC IF FINISHED!! 
YAY!!! :D
 
thank you guys for supporting this fic! 
especially to those who commented and subscribe
it really means a lot to me TT^TT
 
if you have any requests for another KYUWOOK fic, one shot, drabble etc. let me know! 
 
THANK YOU FOR READING! :D