Unknown Singer Revealed

Mysterious, Confused, In Love

 

 

 

CHAPTER SEVEN

KYUHYUN’S POV

 

          The door revealed a delicate looking boy with light brown hair, big innocent eyes and prominent cheekbones. It took a moment for my brain to process the information in front of my eyes, and when I finally figured it out, I gasped inaudibly. Ryeowook? He….he was the one who was singing? He was the one playing the piano? It was all him? I watched Ryeowook walk away with a somber expression from behind the pillar i was hiding in as all this information sunk in. What did I just do? I shouldn’t have told him all those mean things. Now I’ll never hear him sing again. Wait, did I just-I sighed. Honestly, I wanted to hear him sing. But why? Why do I want to hear him sing again? What’s my reason? Well I guess it’s because he has such an angelic voice, but I feel like that’s not all of it. That it isn’t the only reason. I went to my locker to get ready for math next period, thinking about the other reason.

 

              In math, Ryeowook sat beside me. He looked dazed and was staring into space. I stared at him, thinking about the way he sang and played the piano. The memory gave me a warm feeling inside. I need to hear him again. I need to hear him play again. I need to hear his voice again. 

 

              For the next couple of days, I’ve been going to the abandoned music wing of the school at lunchtime, listening to Ryeowook sing and play. A week passed after and it became a routine, but today he didn’t show. I began to worry. Oh god, is he okay? I thought as I ran, trying to find him. Maybe he knew I’d been listening so that’s why he didn’t show. What am I going to do?

 

             I burst into the cafeteria, frantically sweeping my eyes over the place. I sighed in relief when I spotted him. His back was to me and he was facing Sungmin. Ryeowook looked like he was shaking a bit, and was sitting beside Donghae, who had an arm around his shoulders. The scene made the angry feeling creep inside my chest. As I was about to walk over to where they sat, Sungmin glared murderously at me, making me remember of the promise I made with Yesung. I walked, dejected, to my usual table where my friends and brother sat. They were all there: Yesung, Kangin, Hangeng, Kibum and Siwon.  Once they saw me, they looked surprised.

“Where the hell have you been?” Kangin asked, curious.

“In school. Where have you been?” I replied sarcastically, rolling my eyes at him. I sat beside Kibum.

“I think what he meant was, where have you been disappearing to at lunch lately? Siwon said.

“Kibum told us that you’ve been running out of class the second the lunch bell rings as if your life depended on it,” Hangeng said. Really? My god, I was even more desperate to hear Ryeowook sing than I thought.

“Kyu-ah, why are you blushing?” Kibum laughed, elbowing my side playfully. Crap! Man, I didn’t even notice.

“W-what?” I was nervous all of a sudden. And I stuttered. Aish! Why did I stutter?! Cho Kyuhyun never stutters!! I blushed harder and they all laughed at me, making me frustrated. Why am I like this?

“Oh yeah, are you guys coming after school?” my brother changed the subject. Thanks bro I owe you one!

“Coming where?” I asked.

“Choir auditions are today. Can you guys come after school? I need help with judging,” my brother asked and we all nodded in agreement. Yesung is the president of choir club, so he’s in charge of choosing the singers for choir.

 

                After school, I arrived in the auditorium to find it filled with people. I sat in the judging table where all my friends and my brother already sat. Soon, the auditions began and person after nervous person stood on stage and sang. It really didn’t help their case when they’re singing in front of the school’s idols. Many of them had no special talent and were just average singers. A few actually had something special, and I voted for them, though none could compare to Ryeowook. I hadn’t heard him sing today, and it made me feel sad. Hearing him sing for the past week or so seemed to brighten my day and make me feel warm inside. Hearing him sing made me happy. As if to fulfill my silent wish, he stepped onto the stage. What is he doing here? I was shocked, surprised, and most of all, overjoyed.

“Wookie?” Siwon gasped then smiled. Wookie-I mean Ryeowook, spotted Siwon and waved nervously at him, giving him a timid smile. My joy was soon overridden by irritation. Hyung, stop stealing Wookie away! Hold on, did I just say that? Aish, you pabo! I thought to myself. He doesn’t belong to you! But do I want him to belong to me? I don’t think so…

 

             Ryeowook sat in the piano chair in front of the piano. He ghosted his fingers atop the piano keys, his fingers trembling slightly and drew in a deep breath. He closed his eyes and started to play.

 

(THE SONG IS HERE:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G7omMIbY3zw&feature=fvst)

 

            His voice sounded even better than the last time I heard it, which was yesterday. It sounded crisp and clear, not muffled like how I’ve been hearing it; through a closed door. He was singing the same song from the practice room. I guess he’s been practicing for the auditions. He sounded so beautiful. His voice is so amazing. Sooner than I wanted it to be, the song ended. A really loud applause burst through the crowd. I was clapping too, and saw Ryeowook blush and shakily walk off the stage. Suddenly, my brother stood up and walked over to him and whispered something in his ear. Ryeowook’s eyes widened then he nodded in understanding, walking towards the stage again.

“What’s going on?” I asked Yesung who was sitting beside me. The others were looking at him as well, confused.

“I asked Ryeowook if he could sing a song in Korean because I’m curios how he’d sound like,” my brother explained and we all nodded in understanding. That’s right, his song’s in English. I’ve listened to it so many times in my head that I’ve completely forgotten.

 

         Ryeowook began to play the piano again. He began to sing and I was struck once again by his tinkling voice. He sounded like an angel that descended from heaven above. His voice is so incredible that I had to fight back tears. I glanced at my friends and found all their jaws hanging open. Even Siwon was tearing up. Soon, the song ended and Ryeowook stood up and bowed briefly before leaving the stage. The auditorium erupted in applause, impossibly louder than the last one. Ryeowook’s friends swallowed him in a group hug, with Siwon following suite. They weren’t far from the judging table, so I could hear them all complimenting my Wookie- I mean Ryeowook like crazy.

 

           Out of nowhere, a girl came running towards them when the group hug broke. She attacked Ryeowook with a hug.

“Wookie oppa, I can’t believe you’re here!” she almost yelled, breathless.

“Y-Yoona, is that you?” disbelief coloured his tone, but soon his face broke out in a wide smile, hugging the girl back.

        WHO THE HELL IS THIS CHICK!?!!?! I thought, enraged.

       Siwon asked a question regarding the girl’s identity.

“She’s my best friend form Canada…and my…..” Ryeowook said, but I didn’t hear the last part because he said so quietly.

“What?” Heechul asked curiously and leaning closer to hear.

“She’s my best friend from Canada….and my ex-girlfriend,” Ryeowook said, bowing his head down shyly.

 

           Did someone just shoot my chest? It feels like it. He had a girlfriend? I let my head drop on the tale with a loud bang, face first. The girl, Yoona, audition too and she got in. Now they’re going to be seeing a lot of each other, because there’s no doubt that Ryeowook got in choir as well. The question that I asked myself earlier popped in my head once again.

 

           Do I want him, Kim Ryeowook, to belong to me? Well….I sighed sadly. I can’t deny it anymore. I’ve felt the attraction from the first time I laid my eyes on him. But I was too stupid to see that I was attracted to him. I’ve been the meanest jerk to him, so he probably hates me now. Now that his ex-girlfriend/best friend is back in his life, they’d probably just get back together. And another thing is, his ex is a girl. Now I really have no chance. He’s straight. I’ve been in relationships with guys and girls, but what about him? He won’t accept me.

 

            I felt something wet trickle down my face and saw Ryeowook glance at me with concerned eyes. Before he could see that I’m in tears, before anyone else could see that I’m in tears, I ran away. No one is allowed to see Cho Kyuhyun cry.

 

          Do I want him to belong to me? Yes. Yes I do, but how?

 

 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

well ur welcome u guys, ive done a double update! comment please and subscribe, i really appreciate it ! THANKS! ENJOY! :D