Unknown Singer

Mysterious, Confused, In Love

 

CHAPTER SIX

YESUNG’S POV

   

          I walked into my brother’s room and found him sitting on his bed, staring into space. This is odd. He should be playing Star Craft by now. He didn’t notice me come into his room. This is not good. This only happens when he’s depressed. I stood there for a moment, thinking of the best way to ask him about Sungmin’s request. Or maybe ‘demand’ would be the better word for it.

“Kyu, do you mind doing me a favor?” he jumped at my voice. What’s up with him?

“Oh, I dint see you there. Go ahead,” he said as he collected himself.

“Sungmin asked me to ask you if you could stop bugging his cousin,” I said. This seemed to confuse him.

“Cousin?” he cocked his head to the side, confused.

“Ryeowook. He asked me if you could stop bothering his cousin, Ryeowook,” I sighed. Aish, this pabo.

“What?! They’re cousins!?!” he looked at me, shocked and with wide eyes.

 

 

KYUHYUN’S POV

 

“What?! They’re cousins!?!” my eyes widened in shock. God, I’m an idiot. I got mad at Ryeowook and hurt him for being close to his cousin. What the hell is wrong with me?

“Okay,” I said numbly. I’m not sure why, but I didn’t want to see Ryeowook cry like he did today. Moreover, I didn’t want to see him cry like that because of me.

“Okay? Okay, what?” I looked up at me confused brother.

“Okay, I’ll stop. I won’t bother him ever again,” my brother was even more confused by my answer. I mean, we’ve had this same conversation many times, because I had a hobby of being mean to people, and he’d always tell me to stop.  Then, I’d refuse every time he’d ask. I understand why he’s confused. I mean, who wouldn’t be? The great Cho Kyuhyun agreeing to stop bothering someone, this doesn’t happen often. My brother simple nodded in response, still confused, and quietly stepped out of my room.

 

 

RYEOWOOK’S POV

 

            The next day was a bit awkward because I had three classes with Kyuhyun. I expected him to make fun of me like he did yesterday, but he didn’t. Instead, he looked brooding and rather depressed. Despite what he’s said to me, my heart ached to see him look like that.

           

           Lunch began before I knew it, and I hurried to my usual table where my friends sat. They were all already there: Sungmin-hyung, Heechul-hyung, Leeteuk-hyung, Eunhyuk-hyung and Donghae-hyung. They found out from Siwon-hyung that I wanted to join choir. Right now, they’re in the process of begging me to go to the auditions about a week and a half from now.

“PLEASE WOOKIE, I’M BEGGING YOU! I haven’t heard you sing in years!” Sungmin-hyung looked at me with the best puppy dog eyes and pout he can muster. Normally, I would’ve died- and probably the rest of the world as well- of a melted heart at the sight, but not today.

“Please Wook? We haven’t even heard you yet!” Donghae-hyung whined, with an adorable pout on his lips.

“I don’t know if I could do it. After what Kyuhyun said, how could I do it? How could I sing in front of so many people when they would just torment me afterwards?” I said, unaware that I actually voiced my thoughts.

“If anyone dares to we’ll kick their asses! We promise we’ll protect you, whatever happens,” Eunhyuk-hyung said with determined eyes.

“We’ll be there for you. We’ll always be there for you,” Leeteuk-hyung said soothingly, hugging me.  I’m so touched. I felt the urge to cry at their words.

“Look, I gotta go. I’ll think about it okay?” they all looked at me as I got up.

“Where are you going?” Heechul-hyung asked, concerned.

“I have some business to take care of. Bye guys, see you later,” I waved goodbye and walked to the direction of the school’s abandoned music room that I found earlier.

 

 

KYUHYUN’S POV

 

                         All morning, I dint feel well. It wasn’t that I was sick, I just felt depressed. I’m pretty sure that it was because of the incident with Ryeowook, especially since I promised my brother to never bother him again, to never talk to him again. I may be mean, but I keep to my word. But this is one promise that I’m struggling to keep, and I don’t know why.

        

         I decided to take a walk around the school instead of eating lunch with my friends. I wandered around aimlessly, deep in thought. My thought, however, were interrupted by sudden sounds. I looked around and realized that I was in the unused music wing of the school. Why did I come here? I shrugged, about to leave when I heard sounds again.

 

             The sounds were aimless at first, and then I realized that it was a piano. Huh, someone must be testing the pitch. All of a sudden, the aimless sounds turned into something more, something beautiful. I rushed quickly and stealthily down the hall of the abandoned music wing. I stopped at the door of the practice room and pressed my ear against it, eager to catch every note. I didn’t recognize the song, but I was caught up in the emotion it emitted. I was stunned.  Whoever was playing it impressed me, and that doesn’t happen very often. Much too soon, the song ended and it left me wanting more. As if the person inside the room read my mind, the same song played again. But this time, it was different. The person inside began to sing. The voice was a bit high-pitched. It sounded pure, innocent and sweet, but powerful at the same time as well. It took me a few seconds to realize that the song was in English, and thankfully I understood it. It also took me a few seconds to realize that the voice sounded kind of familiar, but I couldn’t quite put my finger on who it was.

 

 Because I can’t sleep ‘til you’re next to me

No I can’t live without you no more

Oh I stay up, ‘til you’re next to me

‘Til this house fells like it did before

Feels like insomnia ah ah, feels like insomnia ah ah

Feels like insomnia ah ah, feels like insomnia ah ah

 

          As the song ended, I just stood there, dumbstruck by the beautiful voice. With my ears still pressed against the door, I heard the sound of a chair scraping across the floor. This person must be leaving, I thought. I’m not sure why, but I felt the need to hide from the unknown singer. I hid behind a pillar but I peeked from behind it to see who was making the wonderful music.

 

 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

this is part one u guys! imma post the second part later tonight or tomorrow! i promise. comment and subscribe. ENJOY! :D