First Day (KYUHYUN'S POV)

Mysterious, Confused, In Love

 

CHAPTER TWO

  KYUHYUN’S POV

                     I walked to my first class of the day, English, with Siwon-hyung. A lot of girls, and some guys, were staring at us like usual. I smirked. This was a typical day for me, hyung and our friends. We were the school’s idols. Everyone wanted us, in one way or another. Their doting and admiration is amusing most of time, but sometimes it gets annoying. Girls confess to us every day, and once in while a guy does too. Although people confess their ‘love’ to us every day, we're all single. I haven’t met anyone whose captured my heart yet, though I’d been in many relationships, with guys and girls.

                 

                 We entered the classroom and sat in our spot at the back corner of the room. I’m in the advanced English class with hyung because I’m a total genius, and everyone knows it.

 

              The teacher started saying something about a new student joining in our class, but I didn’t pay attention. I was reading a magazine about this month’s latest video games, so I really didn’t care.

“Good morning class! Today, we have a new student from Canada. Could you introduce yourself?” the teacher said.

“Annyeonghaseyo, I’m Kim Ryeowook, or you can call me Ryeowook, or just Wookie. I hope we’ll all be good friends.” The person said with a slightly high pitched voice. Must be a boy…or a girl. Whatever, I thought.

                

              I looked up from my magazine and my breath caught in my throat. He was short and thin, with light brown hair that swooped to the side, slightly covering his eyes. He had prominent cheeks that were flushed tomato red, a small perfect nose and small, heart-shaped lips. Then there were his eyes. They were almond shaped and were a warm chocolate brown. They reminded me of a doe somehow. His eyes exuded of innocence, purity and warmth, and they were looking into mine. The delicate looking boy dropped his gaze and was making his way in my direction, blushing furiously. I smirked.  He looks so cute when he’s blushing. Wait, what?! He sat beside Siwon-hyung by the window, looking anxious.

“Hi, I’m Siwon!” I heard him say, greeting the new kid.

“I’m Ryeowook. Nice to meet you Siwon sunbae,” Ryeowook smile shyly. He has a really nice smile.

“Yah! Don’t be so formal! Just call me hyung,” Siwon said playfully.

       

          Siwon and Ryeowook talked pretty much the whole lesson.  There were a lot of smiles and giggles between the two. I was beginning to get really mad. Why is hyung making him smile like that?! I wanna do that! I wanna be the one to make him smile!! Wait, what am I saying?!?  The bell rang suddenly, interrupting my train of thought. Siwon, Ryeowook, and I walked to our next class, history. Or rather they walked together and I trailed behind them like a shadow.

 

              To my delight, they didn’t talk as much in history. I looked over to Ryeowook, and noticed that he was very focused on the lecture, absorbed even. The teacher told us to read the textbook, and everyone followed his instruction. Looking at how immersed Ryeowook was reading the text book, it looked as if he was lost in it. It was something I could never do because this class doesn’t interest me, though I still ace it like the genius that I am. I was about to ask him what interests him so much about the textbook when the bell rang, and Siwon immediately asked him to eat lunch with us and our friends. As he waited for his answer, I silently begged that he would say yes, but much to my dismay, he declined. He said that he’d be eating with Sungmin and his friends. How the heck do they know each other? Are they close already?! ARGGHH! There it is again! Why am I so angry all of a sudden??!! AISH!

               As I ate lunch with my friends Kangin, Hangeng, Siwon, Kibum and my brother Yesung, I contemplated my erratic mood swings from earlier. I don’t understand. This is confusing. Why do I feel like this?

“Are you okay Kyu? You’re quiet,” Kangin stated.

“Yeah, he’s right. Are you sick or something?” Hangeng asked.

“I’m fine,” I sighed.

“Are you sure? You’re not being your usual self, something must be wrong,” Siwon said with a worried look on his face. It was the same as the one that he gave Ryeowook when he fussed over him sitting alone at lunch on his first day. This memory made my blood boil.

“Kyu-ah? What’s wrong?” Kibum asked, noticing my suddenly angry eyes.

“YAH! Can you guys stop it?! I’m fine!” I snapped. They all glanced worriedly at me then at each other, confused by my sudden outburst.

“Aish, this kid and his temper,” my brother, Yesung, rolled his eyes.

 

          I looked around the cafeteria and saw Ryeowook sitting with Sungmin, Leeteuk, Heechul, Donghae, and Eunhyuk. I stared at Ryeowook. He was eating lunch with his new found friends, laughing and smiling, enhancing the look of his prominent cheekbones. I just want to run there and pinch them! Wait a minute, what am I thinking? Gah!! I caught his eye and he immediately looked away, blushing. I blushed lightly as well but continued to look at him. He talked to Leeteuk, his blush sprouting on his cheeks again and looked down. I guess the others noticed that he was blushed because his cheeks became tomato red while the others laughed. Heechul appeared to talk to him and then the bell rang suddenly. Ryeowook gathered his things hastily and ran away quickly. Wonder what that was about? I didn’t realize that I was staring at the direction that he disappeared to until Kibum interrupted my thoughts.

“What are you staring at?” he asked, curious.

“Nothing,” I shook my head and he didn’t press on the subject. That was one of the things I like most about Kibum, he gave me space and minded his own business, unlike some people.

“Yeah Kyu, what were you staring at?”  Kangin asked, smirking. I just rolled my eyes at him and repeated what I told Kibum.

          I sat in my seat at math class, waiting for it to start. As you should know by now, I’m a genius. With that being said, this class is so easy that it’s actually boring for me. I wanted to be in the advanced program like the rest of my classes, but the school wouldn’t let me. The school had a policy that you had to have at least one class that was regular, and for me it just happened to be math, my favourite subject.

             

             As I waited for class to begin, my heart skipped a beat when I noticed a figure walk in the classroom. It was him, Ryeowook. The teacher introduced him briefly and directed him to the seat beside me. My heart was on the verge of beating out of my rib cage. He sat in his seat, his cheeks dark red. I looked down at my notebook, blushing crimson and my heartbeat loud in my ears. I felt butterflies assaulting my stomach, knowing that Ryeowook was sitting next to me, close enough to touch. Why do I feel like this? What’s going on with me?

 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

im sorry i took a while! i was writing a few chapters ahead for u guys. i hope you like this one though... BTW, im sorry if the next few chapters are a bit slow in terms of excitement because i write too many details. ENJOY! COMMENTS ARE GREATLY APPRECIATED :D