CHAPTER 25: Rescue

Mysterious, Confused, In Love

 

 
CHAPTER 25
 
Rescue
 
 
 
          It has been a 48 hours since Kyuhyun's parents called the police and Kyuhyun's disappearance being confirmed. Nobody knew where he was and Ryeowook is losing his mind wiht all the guilt and worry he's feeling. He was the last person Kyuhyun was with before he suddenly disappeared, and as his boyfriend, he should always know where his Kyuhyun is. He disappeared without without a trace.
 
 
Oh how Ryeowook wished he was with Kyuhyun now.
           
 
           He's sure that he will do just about anything to see him, even for just a measly glimpse. What if he's hurt? I'm not there to tend to him. What if he's scared? I'm not there to kiss away his fears. What if he's sad and lonely? I can't be by his side and comfort him. 
What if he's... No, that can't happen! We just began to be together! But..What if... What if he's...
What if he's dead? 
    
 
              Ryeowook's lips let out a weak, broken sob. Just thinking about it makes his heart tear in two. He doesn't think he can bear to even breathe if his beloved isn't doing the same anymore. I've got to find him, he thought, looking out of the window of his bedroom. I have to find him and get him back. I'll do whatever it takes. 
 
     
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 Ryeowook's POV
 
 
       I was walking down the streets of Seoul, searching frantically for a familiar face. Kyuhyun, where are you? All of the faces and bodies just blurred past me, and before I knew it, it was already 10 o'clock in the evening. I continued to search despite the pain in my legs from all the non-stop walking. I'd never stop, not until he's by my side. Kyuhyun, where are you?
 
 
 
"Hey," an eerily cute voice rang out into the night. I stopped walking and faced a short, adorable girl with really short, blond, pixie like hair.
 
 
"Do I know you?" I asked politely, glancing around us to see that we were just i front of an alley and she was in front of an expensive sports car. Somehow, the setting gives me the shivers of deja vu.
 
 
"Are you looking for Kyuhyun?" she asked bluntly but with a sweet smile. The smile didn't reach her eyes.
 
 
The air around us was tense.
 
 
"Y-yes," I hesitated in answering her. Then I asked,  "Do you know where he is?" 
 
 
"I do as a matter of fact. I'll take you to where he is. He's looking for you" her smile widened.
 
 
"Omo! Really?" I perked up immediately, a wide hopeful grin on my face. At last, I'm going to see him.
 
 
"Yeah! Come with me and I'll take you with him," she motioned for her car as she made her way to the driver's seat. I got in the passengers seat immediately.
 
 
"Thank you! What's your name again?"
 
 
"I'm Sunny."
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
        After hours of silent driving, we stopped in front of an abandoned warehouse. Unpleasant tingles shot up my spine as if warning me. What would Kyu be doing in a place like this? I thought in confusion.
 
 
        We both got out of the car when she parked. I looked up the building as she made her way behind me. I didn't see her as my back was too her. 
 
 
"We're here," she said from behind. I felt a massive blow to my head. It was as is a bowling ball was thrown at it. I dropped to me knees and my face met the ground quickly.
 
 
What the hell? 
 
 
"S-Sunny??" I croaked out as her face came into a blurry view. She looked down at me with a baseball bat in hand, a sadistic smile etched on her pink lips.
 
 
"Time for revenge, you undeserving ."
 
 
It was then that I lost my consciousness.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
"Hey , wake up!" cold, icy water splashed on my face as Sunny's voice filtered through my ears, echoing in the cold room were in. 
 
 
         I glared up at her blearily as a sharp stinging pain shot through my head. I struggled on on my position on the ground to sit up. The pain blinded me momentarily and I tried to hold all noises back so as to not satisfy Sunny.
 
 
"O-ow," I touched the back of my head with my palm and I felt something warm on my palm. I drew my hand back to my face and saw the blood there.
 
 
"Nice of you to finally wake up," she paused as I eyed her with hate. What the hell does she want with me?! This only seemed to egg her on and she smirked deviously at me. 
 
 
"Bring him in," she shouted and the door opened, revealing six figures. Two of them were dragging a tall bloody figure. I gasped. 
 
 
 
It was Kyuhyun.
 
 
 
"KYU!!" I yelled desperately, scrambling to my feet, only to be held back by two other men.
 
 
 
"WOOKIE!!" his deep voice thundered in the room. His face had black bruises and cuts on it, forehead covered in blood. I whimpered at the sight as my chest began to tear, my eyes b with unshed tears. I have to get him out of here. I struggled in the arms gripping me painfully, wanting to get free.
 
 
"Where do you think you're going?" a voice said with a tone of barely masked anger.
Minho.
 
 
 
        I looked at him with fear in my eyes. No! Please, not again! I looked to the other person gripping my other arm and saw Onew. 
 
 
"WOOKIE!" Kyuhyun yelled, struggling to get free. His eyes shone fear, regret and horror. 
 
 
"Don't hurt him! Please! I'M BEGGING YOU!!" he struggled harder in Taemin and Key's grip. 
 
"HURT ME INSTEAD!!"
 
 
"NO!!" my scream trembled. I can't have him hurt because of me. I can't allow that, especially when he's already beaten to a bloody pulp because I couldn't rescue him soon enough. 
 
 
 
"Oh, don't worry, Wookie. We won't touch your precious Kyu. Don't you worry about that," she stepped towards me with glint in her eye that promised pain. Lots of pain.
 
 
 
      I closed my eyes, waiting for the pain. A single tear rolled down my cheek.
 
 
"Hurt me. Abuse me. I don't care, just let him go," I said calmly and looked Sunny in the eye, determination in my stare.
 
 
"NO!! WOOKIE, NO!!!" Kyu screamed at me. Kyu, please don't make this harder. You need to be free.
 
 
"What if you never wake up again afterwards? Are you still willing?"
 
 
"NO!!"
 
 
"Yes," I closed my eyes. I know how Kyu would me looking at me now. With hurt and betrayal in his sad, horrified eyes. 
 
 
"WOOKIE!" 
 
 
"Oh, how sweet," Sunny's sweetly, acidic voice cooed as I felt a slim, cold finger trail down my cheek and to jaw.
 
 
"Boys, it's time. Jonghyun, join them. Key, Taemin, hold down Kyuhyun," Sunny stepped away and paused at the door. "Don't have too much fun now,"
    
 
 
 
 
 
        I was released by the arms for a second, then my body lurched sideways and slammed into the wall as I was kicked on my side hard, a crack accompaying the blow. 
 
 
"WOOKIE!" 
 
 
       My hair was gripped harshly and then a fist met my face, making me tumble to the ground. I struggled to get back on my feet as I coughed out blood.
 
 
"WOOKIE!!" there it was again, Kyuhyun's broken scream.
 
 
      Blow after blow, hit after hit, and kick after kick. As I struggled to stay conscious, I vaguely imagined that my body was probably black by now, covered in bruises. Or maybe it was red, covered in blood. All I can feel is never ending pain and agony. My body felt beyond beaten. It felt mangled. Kyuhyun's desperate sobbing screams didn't help me at al. It only intensified the tearing in my heart, alongside the pain in my body and my chest. I couldn't move my body at all. I stayed still as more punches and kicks rained down on me, my consciousness slipping away quickly. 
 
 
"That's enough," Onew's cold voice commanded, and the beating stopped abruptly. I heard footsteps leaving the room, and another one scrabbling towards me. 
 
 
 
Silence.
 
 
 
      I wanted to flinch, but I couldn't because it hurt too much as I felt a warm fingers ghosting over my face.
 
 
"Wookie," Kyuhyun sobbed out in a sorrowful whisper.
 
 
"Kyu," I barely managed to croak out.
 
 
"Wookie," he sobbed again and I felt something wet, a tear, plop on my bruised cheek.
 
 
"I love you, Kyu," I opened my eyes and my vision was filled with the image of his handsome face. "Don't be sad. Don't cry. You're free to go now."
 
 
"Don't say that. We're getting out of here. Together." he held my hand that was on his cheek, tears streaming down his face.
 
 
"Kyu.."
 
 
"We're getting out of here and you will be fine. We'll be happy together again, I promise you," I wiped the tears from his face but they
kept raining down, as he said these words with conviction.
 
 
"K-Kyu...I-I don't know i-if.."
 
 
"Don't say that. Please, baby, don't say that. I love you, Wookie and you're gonna be okay,"
 
 
 "I love you too, Kyu.." I didn't know what else to say. I felt physically broken but my heart swelled. Kyu is fee now. Even if I won't be able to share that freedom with him, he's free now. He can spend his freedom for the both of us. 
 
 
"Kyu..." I rubbed my thumb on his handsome, bruised cheek and tried weakly to pull closer to me. 
 
 
 
 
      Our lips met in a sweet, kiss. A kiss that was tainted by the bitterness of what the future may bring to us. Our lips molded perfectly together, out tongues touching and comforting, trying to sooth the comfort in each other's hearts. I pulled away with a gasp, the edges of my vision blurring to black and my consciousness slipping away again.  
 
 
Is this our last kiss? 
 
 
Tears of sorrow slipped from my eyes.
 
 
"Marry me, Kim Ryeowook. When we get out of here, will you marry me?" his eyes sought out for mine, and they captured my heart once more as his words made my labored breath get caught in my throat. My heart leapt with joy, but it was struggling to keep beating. 
 
 
 
"I will, Kyu. If we get out of here, I will.."
 
 
"We will get out of here, I promise." My vision..It's getting more blurry.
 
 
"I love you, Kyu. Always.."
 
 
"Wookie," panic laced his beautiful voice.
 
 
 
        My eyes were closing, my heartbeat barely there anymore...
 
 
"Wookie!!
 
 
         All light vanished and everything went black.
 
 
"WOOKIE!!!"
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
yes i know i disappeared for a month..
 
this fic is almost done!! 
one more chapter i think and my very first fic will be done ^___^
i hope you guys like this chapter, i worked hard on this one!
i think i'm writing too much angst. oh well..
 
COMMENT AND SUBSCRIBE!! :D 
 
<3