Past Misery Reawakened: Kyuhyun's POV

Mysterious, Confused, In Love
 

CHAPTER FOUR

KYUHYUN’S POV

           I made my way to my first class, English, with an amused smirk on my face. As usual, I was being ogled at by a bunch of girls. They were so desperate to get my attention. Aish, what fools! They don’t even know me but they still wanna be with me. I’m smart, good looking, popular and rich. That was all they knew about me, and those were the only reasons why they wanted to be with me.

    

       As I walked into the classroom, I looked at the window to my left. I looked up to the direction of my seat and was greeted by a sight that made my blood boil. Siwon-hyung and that new kid, Ryeowook, were greeting each other cheerily. They looked happy and were smiling. I glared at them, pissed off. But why am I pissed? God, me and mood swings, I swear.

 

        At the end of second period, they started to talk about clubs. How come Ryeowook shares everything with hyung and not me? Why does he always ignore me?!  Every time he ignores me like this, I feel a painful jab hit the inside of my chest. 

 

“I was thinking of maybe joining choir,” Ryeowook said, smiling brightly at Siwon.

“Oh cool! You know they’ve got auditions next week, if you go I’ll come to support you,” Siwon said, smiling back.  My temper rises, and my heart becomes more painful, with their every exchange.

“That’d be great hyung! Thanks-“he started, but I interrupted him.

 “Are you serious? You? Choir? AHAHAHAHAHAHA! They wouldn’t need you. There are enough girls in choir that your high, girly voice won’t be necessary, freak!” I chuckled bitterly, angry. I know what I said would probably sting, but I didn’t care. I hated that every time they talked, my heart would ache. It has to stop, all of it.

 

         I watched him, my heart crumbling by the second. He was about to cry. He quickly gathered his things and dashed out of the room. I looked at Siwon, he was clearly shocked. But the shock quickly turned into anger as he faced me.

“What the hell did you do that for?!” he yelled, catching the attention of the people around us. It was rare to see him angry, as he was always so cheerful. His anger turned to concern when he saw my face. I don’t know what it looked like, but I’m guessing it didn’t look right. I don’t feel right. I feel numb.

 

              I feel like my heart just shattered into a million tiny pieces. Seeing what I did to the delicate boy made me want to jump off a cliff. Why did I have to hurt him like that? Why did I let my anger get to me? I’m such an . 

       

                I felt tear prick my eyes but I held them back and made my face into an unreadable mask.

“Kyu, what’s the matter?” Siwon asked, concerned and wary.

 

            I walked away to my locker, leaving Siwon standing in the classroom, dumbfounded by the situation. As I walked to my locker, I saw Ryeowook with Leeteuk, Heechul and Sungmin. Then Sungmin put an arm around Ryeowook’s delicate shoulders. Fury rose in me again. Why is Sungmin doing that?! He should really keep his hands to himself before I do it for him! The anger faded instantly when I saw Ryeowook sneakily wipe something from his cheeks. They were tears. Tears that I’d caused inflicted. I wanted to run to him and hug him to my chest, wipe his tears away and tell him that I’m sorry. But of course, my pride would let do no such thing. I felt my eyes prickle again, and I felt another painful stab in my chest. What’s happening to me?

 

         I quickly walked to my usual table with my friends: Kangin, Hangeng, Kibum, and my brother Yesung.  Siwon’s supposed to here too, but I guess he’s at some meeting, seeing as he’s the president of the student council. I shrugged off the thought and began to eat the lunch I brought from home.  Usually, I’d have one of the maids make me something, but I decided to make something for myself for once. I really shouldn’t have, because I’m a horrible cook, so all I have is a peanut butter and jelly sandwich and a can of Coke.

 

            My friends and I started to eat our lunch. My friends told each other jokes and playfully bickered about random things while eating.  I finished my sandwich quickly and began to drink the can of Coke I brought. I watched them amusedly while they bickered. I was almost done with my pop when Siwon arrived, putting down his things on the table, about to relax but his eyes widened at some scene behind me. He suddenly ran there, and I turned around to see what he was doing. I didn’t like what I saw.

 “Wookie, are you alright?! I’m so sorry that he was mean to you!” he exclaimed, picking up Ryeowook and hugging him tightly. Ryeowook sobbed softly into his chest.

            Rage blazed inside me. I clenched my fists in an attempt to channel my anger.

“Kyu, are you okay? You look kind of mad,” Hangeng stated warily.

“Woah! Kyu, ease up on the pop can! You’re going to hurt yourself,” Kangin said, panicking slightly. I looked down at my hands, confused. The pop can I was holding the whole time was crumpled up in my fist like paper. I heard Heechul, the diva, yelling. Suddenly, I found myself walking over there, my anger rising with every step.

“Aww, look! The little girl’s crying like a baby,” I said sarcastically, with a menacing smirk and angry eyes. Ryeowook flinched and looked like he was about to cry again. Could someone please rip my heart out of my chest? It hurts too much. Everytime I hurt him, it hurts me back even more.

“SO IT WAS YOU!!!” Sungmin yelled at me. He hugged Ryeowook and faced me. . “YOU’RE GONNA PAY FOR WHAT YOU DID TO MY-“he screamed at me, enraged. But he stopped abruptly when Ryeowook escaped his grasp and ran away with tears streaming down his cheeks, leaving everyone shocked and worried.

“YOU BASTARD!!!” Sungmin screamed and tried to get at me, but was held back by my brother, Yesung. Sungmin looked like he wanted to murder me. “WHAT THE HELL DID HE EVER DO TO YOU?! HOW DARE YOU HURT MY WOOKIE LIKE THAT?!?” he continued, struggling against my brother’s arms, screaming at me some more.

“SHUT THE HELL UP!” I snapped at him and stomped away, on my way to the school’s rooftop, fuming.  ‘MY WOOKIE’? What the hell?! I didn’t know they were together! I flung the squished pop can against a wall, scaring some people nearby.

 

          As I reached the door of the rooftop, my heart stopped beating. I heard quiet sobs. I poked my head in and saw him. Ryeowook was in a corner, hugging his knees to his chest, sobbing quietly and shaking. I crumpled down against the wall with my face in my hands and let the tears silently flow.

             What have I done? What is wrong with me? Why was I so mad at him? Aish. I guess I was mad at him because he keeps hurting my heart. But why is it hurting? I don't understand!

               The bell rang and I stood up, wiping my tears away. I fixed my hair so that no one would notice my red eyes and know that I’ve been crying. I poked my head in the rooftop again and saw that Ryeowook made no move to get up. I guess he’s skipping math today. Why wouldn’t he? I mean, how would he stand it? I’d be sitting beside him for a whole hour. Beside me, the meanest jerk to him. There’s no doubt that he hates me now.

          

            I walked away to my next class, not ready to face the rest of this ty day. 

 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

hi everyone! did you enjoy the last chapter? KYU WAS AN in the last chapter, but now you know that he was only an because he cant understand his feelings towards *cough* *cough* you know who. he hurt wookie but he hurt himself too. ANYWAYS.... please comment and subscribe! i love reading ur comments. im gonna type up the next chapter tommorow so you would PROBABLY see an update by tommorow night. HOPE YOU LIKE THIS ONE! :D