CHAPTER 19: Confession

Mysterious, Confused, In Love

 

CHAPTER NINETEEN
 
KYUHYUN'S POV
 
"Mr.Kim's rib should heal in about 2 weeks. It's only a slight fracture. As for the cuts and bruises, they should heal within that time period as well, probably faster. You can take him back to his home in a week. Good night." my family's personal doctor bowed and left my room, closing the door behind him. 
           
           Siwon hyung and I took Ryeowook to my house after the attack since my house was closer than the hospital. He was currently sleeping on my bed. I moved closer to his sleeping form and sat on a chair by the bed.
 
"Where's your brother?" Siwon asked, taking a seat on another chair beside me. 
 
"On a date. Why?" I said, not taking my eyes off the perfection unconsious on my bed.
 
"I was just curios. I'm glad he's happy with Sungmin, but we might have to spoil the fun for him tonight," he pulled his phone out while I raised an eyebrow at him, puzzled. He dialed and directed the device to his ear.
 
"Yesung hyung, annyeong,"
 
.............
 
"Is Sungmin with you right now?"
 
..............
 
"I have something to tell him. It kind of involeves Ryeowook," Siwon looked nervous as he uttered the last sentence. Well, he is talking to Sungmin, the martial arts master. Anyone who's about to bring him news Siwon's about to would probably bricks. He gulped, signalling that my brother gave the phone to his bunny-like lover.
 
 
 
 
*****************************************
 
SUNGMIN'S POV
 
"Siwon wants to talk to you..about Ryeowook," Yesung handed me his phone, frowning. We were currently at a dinner date at a fancy restaurant. I dropped my fork and took the phone.
 
"Yoboseyo?"
 
"Hi Sungmin hyung,"
 
"You wanted to talk to me about Ryeowook?"
 
"Y-yeah..I-he's....He's injured. We're at Kyu's house right now. A group of boys beat him up in an alley." he rushed the words out in panic after some stuttering. My blood ran cold as it sunk in, then it boiled in rage. How dare they?! When I get my hands on those bastards I swear...
 
"Minnie, you okay? Calm down, what's going on?" Sungie was beside me the second he saw the anger in my eyes.
 
"We'll be there soon," I hung up the phone harshly. It was rude, but right now I didn't give a damn. I'm pissed.
 
"Waiter, check please," I said to the waiter that walked by, then turned to my Yesung. Oh my...my Yesung. I blushed at my thoughts.
Gosh, Sungmin! FOCUS!
 
"We're leaving. We need to get to your place. Fast."
 
 
 
****************************************
 
           Tears immediately spilled from my eyes as I took in Wookie's form. His arm were covered in bruises and cuts and the side of his jaw was a bit swollen. I saw him stirring then flutter his eyes open. I ran to his side, sobbing.
 
"Wookie! Are you alright? Who am I kidding, of course you're not! I'm sorry hyung wasn't there to protect you! Who did this?! Tell me!" tears ran from my eyes as I practically shouted the words.
 
"I saw them, Minnie hyung," he cried silently in my chest as I held him tightly in my arms. His tears broke my heart.
 
"Who? Who did you see?" I asked, then it dawned on me. There is only one reason that he'd break down like this. There's only one group of bastards that could and would do this to him. The same ones that made him break down before like he is right now. 
 
"They're back, hyung. They found me."
 
 
******************************************
 
 
 
KYUHYUN'S POV
 
             After Wookie's break down, he fell asleep. Sungmin explained to me, Siwon hyung and Yesung hyung who 'they' were. 'They' were the people who bullied and tormented Wookie throughout his childhood.
 
"Kyu, do me a favor. Protect him no matter what, okay?" that was what Sungmin told me before he left. Everyone else left my room too, leaving me alone with an angelic sleeping Wookie.
 
         I sat on my bed that he was sleeping on and studied his features. I've done this a lot since we became friends, and not once have I gotten tired of it. He just gets more beautiful the more I look at him. He looks so peaceful when he sleeps. If possible, he looks even more pure and innocent like this. I felt a painful tug at my heart, knowing he's miserable because of today's unfortunate events . The ache in my chest increased, knowing I can't have him.
 
I want this pain to stop.
 
I can't take it anymore.
 
I need to tell him, whether he accepts me or not, it doesn't matter. I'll protect him no matter what.
 
            I caressed his beautiful face, cupping his cheek, then his eyes fluttered. He opened his eyes and they stared into mine, piercing through my soul.
 
 "Kyu," he held the hand that was on his cheek. It's now or never, Kyu. I took a deep breath and braced myself.
 
"I need to tell you something, okay? I need to tell you the truth,"
 
"Kyu-" I held a hand up to stop him from speaking.
 
"Please let me finish first, then I'll let you talk. I just need to let thiss all out first," he nodded as I took another deep breath to calm my erratic heart that wanted to beat out of my chest. I looked into his orbs and let myself drown in them.
 
"Ever since I laid my eyes on you, you've captured my heart. I know I was mean to you then, but it was only because you gave all your attention to other people, not me. I know my reason was selfish and really really stupid, but I couldn't help it. I was jealous. And when I heard about your past form Sungmin at Siwon's sleepover, I realized what an I was being. I threw away my pride and apologized to you, then we became friends....That was when I accepted the fact that I liked you. But I think I've loved you from that time that you were crying at the rooftop after I bullied you in the cafeteria. My heart shattered into pieces hearing you cry, but it was crushed into powder knowing I was the reason for it all," I looked down after I said all this, my face red and not able to meet his eyes. I took another deep breath and braced myself to say the words I've been wanting to say for way too long. 
 
"I love you, Kim Ryeowook. I'm in love with you."
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 
NINETEEN CHAPTERS LATER, AND KYU FINALLY CONFESSED!!
I've been waiting to post this for so long, and I know I said I was gonna update last week, but I had no time! I have TONNES of science homework, tests and an art project that I'm still trying to finish. Let me tell you, colouring is a lot harder that it looks! >.<
 
I hope you enjoyed this chapter! The next one might take awhile because I'm trying to think up a dramatic scene for the future. And to write more chappies for my other fanfics (not posted yet).
 
COMMENT AND SUBSCRIBE!
 
ENJOY!! :D