Z6

Welcome to the Zoo ~ [HIATUS]

 

It was first when we left the building - and I noticed how many people who stared as Sam - I actually started looking at her, and I must be honest here.

She was gorgeous.

I mean, she was tall, not monster-tall, but tall, had the most perfect body-line and long, light brown hair, today sat in a stylish ponytail. She dressed in that kind of clothes I would never even had tried on – maybe because of my lack of fashion sense and/or confidence – and it SUITED her perfectly. Couldn’t help but feel a bit jealous but also like… happy in some indescribable way.

I’m not sure if ‘happy’ is the right word here.

“Sam, do you-“ I stopped myself. Could I ask her? She looked at me and tilted her head.

“Do I what?” she send me a smile, “just ask~ Don’t stop like that!” I hesitated.

“Do you… have… you do have a boyfriend, right? I think you mentioned it in a letter once…” I asked shyly. She chuckled and linked our arms as she nodded.

“I do~” she looked at me, “I’m going to his dormitry later… do you wanna join me?” she asked as she tilted her head and I widened my eyes.

“I… I don’t need to, I mean… you must have missed him and want to be alone and-“ now she laughed at me.

“He lives with five other guys. Alone wouldn’t be the case no matter what,” she smiled, “so please come! It will be my pleasure to have you there!”

 

“Soooooooo, new roomie,” Samantha sat down in front of me and handed me a cup of hot chocolate, “do you like it here until now or are you ready to fly back to Julliard right away?” I smiled as I blew my hot drink, thinking about an okay answer.

“I… I don’t know yet actually,” I looked at her, “the guys… they seem nice but they’ve been too busy for me to get a proper picture of their personalities, you know?” She nodded and sipped her own cup.

“Yeah… well, they’re nice, but also wild animals from time to time,” she chuckled, “but when you get them alone I’m pretty sure that most of them are nice people…” I tilted my head and sat down my cup.

“You haven’t spend time with each of them?” I asked. She hesitated.

“I have… or, most of them,” she bit her lip, “besides your cousin actually… it’s not like he is not a nice guy, I’ve just never even once been hanging out alone with him~” I let out a chuckle.

“Donghee is fine. But even though he seems like a lively and open guy on TV he can be a bit reserved in personal life… especially towards girls,” I said, “but, cooking him a meal will definitely make him a better friend~” I smiled and she started chuckling too.

“I know. I have tried cooking for him – and the other members, but after his wish! He seemed happy,” she smiled.

We drank our chocolates before we went looking for some new mascara for Sam. We had already found her the furniture for her room and had some time before we should visit her boyfriend.

 

Sam barely knocked the door before some voice from the other side asked, “who is it?!” in a suspicious tone. I heard her chuckle as she answered with her name and mentioned that she brought a friend for them to meet. I heard the door make that ‘click’-sound it says when you unlock it and it opened, revealing two tall and handsome young men, smiling all over their faces like kids when they meet Santa at the mall at Christmastime and get to sit on his lap.

I was sure I’d seen them before but I seriously couldn’t recall where. Were they some idols maybe? It could be possible, couldn’t it? One thing was sure though.

They knew how to yell. Loud.

“SAM!”

“SAMANTHA!”

Both of them embraced her tightly, making me worry more than this morning when Super Junior did it. I could hear her try to breath as she laughed.

“Taec! Chansung!” she scolded and got them pushed away, “I wanna live tomorrow too you know?!” they both smiled and said ‘sorry’. She chuckled and gave them both a light hug.

“I’ve missed you too~” She sang. Then she looked at me.

“Heemin, this is Taecyeon and Chansung,” she said smiling, “members of 2PM if you don’t already know~” Now I did. I remembered seeing them on some show yesterday, and I bowed to them.

“Hello~ I’m Shin Heemin, nice to meet you,” I said. They both send me a smile and now presented themselves before we finally got asked to come in. Taecyeon looked at Sam and told her that ‘he’ was taking a bath. She nodded and I could see a smile in her eyes. I tried to remember if she ever had mentioned her boyfriend’s name in a letter, but I wasn’t sure. Then I remembered something she said earlier about a ‘Junsu’ in relation to her old bedroom. Could that be the name? A bell did ring when I thought of the name in relation to 2PM.

We went to the living room and sat down in the couch. Chansung said some names and told us that they had some schedule and would be home in some hours. Sam just nodded and then asked how they all had been and such things. I did listen but I weren’t a part of the conversation. I looked around instead and had to conclude that they were more messy that Super Junior. As I looked in the direction of what looked like the place for some bedrooms, a guy with wet hair and only wearing training-pants walked in.

“Guys, why do I hear a girl’s voi-” he stopped in the door and widened his eyes, before he surprised exclaimed, “SAM?!?!?!?” Sam laughed and got up.

“Hello there handsome,” she went to him, “you don’t own a shirt anymore, huh? We have innocent eyes in the house you know~” Before he got to answer she stood right in front of him, stretched her neck and kissed him gently. Just as their lips touched, someone – I think it was Taecyeon – threw a pillow at her back.

“Go make out somewhere else,” he said with a grin, “no mushying around in the livingroom!” Sam turned around and send him a scowl.

“Later. I won’t leave Heemin with you two,” she smirked, turned back and kissed the guy again. He sent her a big, lovable smile.

“Welcome back Sammie~”

 

In the next half hour the house got filled with more people. First some guy named Nichkhun, then a Junho in company with a Seulong – I got told thant he was from the brothergroup - and lastly some guy with the name Wooyoung.

All handsome in each way.

And handsome guys + A little space to breath on, makes a more nervous Heemin than usually. I barely introduced myself, that nervous I was.

“Sam, why haven’t I ever heard about this Heemin?” Junsu asked curious, looking at me in the side of his eyes, when we all sat stuffed in the living room, eating pizza and with the TV in the background, no one was watching. Sam looked at him with a smile.

“She’s a mail-buddy. In some weird and indescribable way she came out as Shindong’s cousin and that’s how we met. Earlier today!” she laughed, “been writing together for years and first found out today that we have relatives in the same group!” See, that’s how I got more attention. Shindong’s cousin, that’s me. At least she didn’t mention Julliard. Yet.

“You’re Shindong sunbae’s cousin?” Chansung asked and tilted his head, “are you close?” I bit my lip and nodded unsure. I didn’t open my mouth.

“Where do you live?” Junsu asked then, “can Sam move into your place? I really don’t like that she-”

“Junsu, I have already moved in,” Samantha interrupted, “don’t worry about the monkey anymore…” she looked at me, “sorry if you felt he was being rude for asking so directly… It’s not always he think before he speak~” I saw her send him a teasing gaze and he pouted back. I shook my head.

“I-it’s okay,” I said and scratched my elbow nervously. The next minutes the conversation ended up on Samantha’s trip to England and I just leaned back and watched the guys, not interfering. I did feel someone watch me though. I didn’t look in his direction, and ended up excusing myself and went to the bathroom.