Z1

Welcome to the Zoo ~ [HIATUS]

 

Goodbye Julliard, goodbye New York, hello Seoul.

 

“47,976 won it is,” the taxi-driver looked at me and brought me out of my daze. I silently found my purse and handed him 50,000 won before I opened the door and smiled a bit.

“Keep the change,” I said. He came out and helped me to get my suitcases before he bowed for me, went back to his car and drove of. I sighed as I looked after the taxi before I turned around. Seoul. My hometown. Hadn’t sat my feet here in four years and now I were back, ready to live here once again.

Where I were located now you may ask? Not in front of my family’s house, not in front of my new apartment or something, no. I was located in front of some big building and a big sign showed that I had arrived at one of SBS’s buildings. I found my phone to call but in that same moment it started ringing and I answered the call.

“Hello~ I just arrived SBS,” I couldn’t really walk since I had my phone in one hand and I had two big suitcases to pull, so I was just standing and looking around.

“Come to the main-entrance. I’ll let you in,” he said, “hurry up~ I’m busy!” I laughed as he spoke in a funny tone. So typical him.

“Neh~” I hung up before furthermore conversation and put the phone in my pocket before I started puling the suitcases behind me.

I barely reached the door before it opened and I saw his body run against me.

“Heeeeeeemin aaaaaaaah~” He whined like a kid and pulled me into a hug before I could let go of the suitcases, “you’re grown up!” I laughed and hugged him back after successfully letting go of the suitcases – without tripping them – and looked at him.

“And you lost weight!” I said, “you aren’t my chubby Donghee anymore, you know? You got handsome!” Really, he lost weight. I don’t to know what happened to him but I hadn’t seen him this skinny since… I don’t even know! Donghee smiled.

“It’s because of our new album. I got more lines than I expected!” He chuckled, “welcome home cous’”

 

So, time to present myself now, neh?

My name is Shin Heemin. I’m turning 22 this year and am the lucky(or unlucky) cousin of Shin Donghee. You may know him as Super Junior’s Shindong, the chubby-funny guy. Five years ago, I got ‘adopted’ into his family since my parents were in a car-accident and died. I lived at them for a year before I went to Julliard to fulfill a scholarship in singing and dancing. I didn’t come back here even once because I was either busy or didn’t want old memories to come. Donghee’s parents had been sweet and visited me in the states twice a year though and I had attended Donghee’s SMTOWN concerts in the states, both the one in LA and the one in New York. I had to agree with you E.L.F’s after that – Super Junior is daebak. But so were the other artists and it was the best concerts I’d ever had the chance to attend.

“…aaaaaaand cut!” the PD yelled, “fifteen minutes before we start again! You did well!” The audience started clapping, the staff did and so did I as I saw the guests on the show get up and head towards the dressing-rooms. Or, Donghee and two of s plus some comedian went to me.

I hadn’t had the chance to meet them before the first part of the show.

“Heemin ah, you liked it?” Shindong said with a big grin. I laughed and nodded.

“I did. That dress suited you really-really well Oppa, I’m impressed,” I winked, “and you killed it in those high heels. I don’t wanna know where you learned it~” That comment caused his three friends to laugh and even Donghee let a chuckle come out.

“Only you Hee, only you,” he said, “now let me present you. This is-”

“Lee Minho, Park Jungsu and Lee Hyukjae also known under the names Boom, Leeteuk and Eunhyuk.” I smiled and bowed, “it’s nice to meet you. I’m Shin Heemin, cousin of Dongh- Shindong oppa~”

“Nice to meet you too,” Leeteuk said with a wide smile, “Shindong have told us lots about you!” Surprised, I looked at Donghee.

“You have? What have you told?!” I asked, making him laugh.

“Just stuff, you know~ You are going to live in the dorm over ours from now on, you know.” He smiled and I pouted.

“You’re going to tell me~” I said, “or else I will ask… one of your members!”

“When did you get so open?” he looked at me and ruffled my hair, “were is the shy girl I sent off to the states four years ago?” I send him a smile back.

“She is still there. But in your company she disappears,” I winked, making him roll his eyes.

 

Two hours later I was finally going against my new dormitory, driving in some big black van together with Donghee, Leeteuk and Eunhyuk plus their manger as the driver.

“So, how did the graduation at Julliard go? Did mum and dad come?” Shindong asked and looked at me, “I’m sorry I couldn’t…” I smiled at him.

“It went well. Auntie came but your dad couldn’t because of work,“ I answered, “do you even know how I did?”

“He do,” Eunhyuk answered from the seat behind me, “he keeps bragging about you. Soon, you have to prove that you sing and dance that well as he says,” I heard him chuckle and I turned around.

“Is that a challenge?” I asked and smiled at him making him look me in the eyes.

“Do you want me to challenge you?” he smirked and I laughed.

“No challenges in the car,” the manager said, “we’re home.” He turned against me, “Heemin-ssi, your dorm is right above Super Junior’s which means you have to have some identification with you around when you will enter the building. Lots of fangirls comes here often so the security is strict,” he smiled, “but I have yours ready. You’ll just get it when we reach your apartment, neh?” I smiled back and nodded.

“Thank you,” I said, “I appreciate it!”

 

So, I got my stuff moved to the new dorm but before I really got to look around, Donghee wanted me to come with him downstairs so I could meet the rest of s. Even though I had been living in Korea when he made his debut, even with his parents, and I had been at his concerts in the states, I had never met the group. The only member I knew a bit were Sungmin whom I had met three or four times back around their debut-days.

As soon as the door to the dorm on 12th floor opened I found out that walls had been soundproof. An explosion of sounds reached my ears, just from loud music or TV to people talking, singing or even yelling. Donghee looked apoligtic at me.

“If I’d known that it was one of those days I wouldn’t have brought you here today,” he whispered, “sorry~” I smiled and shrugged, but didn’t answer.

“YAH KIDS! SHINDONG’S COUSIN HAS ARRIVED!” Leeteuk who had stood beside us and untying his shoes were now walking against the living room, yelling as loud as he could. I didn’t thought it would work actually, but five seconds later the music stopped, the TV got muted and the only thing that could be heard were the guys hurrying against the living room. I looked at my cousin.

“Why did that work?” I asked, making him chuckle.

“They have been looking forward to meet you. It isn’t everyday that you meet a student from Julliard, is it?” he smiled and laid his arm around my shoulders, “come!” I looked around to find Eunhyuk but he had disappeared already. We entered the living room and I saw the members sit in the couches or on the floor. They all looked at me, like they hoped that I would break the silence with some song or something stupid. I looked confused at my cousin as the heat started to flow to my head. I think Donghee noticed too, ‘cause he started chuckling and clapped one of my cheeks.

Yup, I was definitely blushing.

Then he turned against s and turned my body too.

“Guys, this is my cousin, Shin Heemin. Heemin ah, this is Super Junior, also known as… my members,” he chuckled. I nodded and bowed deeply against them – dunno if it actually were too deep, but my Korean manners lacked after four years overseas -, quietly saying “hello”.

“What happened to you Heemin-ssi?” Eunhyuk asked surprised. He sat on the ground with folded legs, leaning against the coush, “you weren’t that quiet and half hour ago?” I bit my lip and looked at Donghee again. Now he even laughed at me.

Pff.

“Sometimes she turns really shy. Especially when there is many people,” he explained, “back at the studio I think she still were filled with happiness over seeing me since she-” he didn’t stop when I hit his shoulder, just smiled and continued, “-talked to you guys so openly. But this is her real personality, or the one I know from four years ago.” It went silent for some seconds before Leeteuk cleared his throat.

“Should we… present ourselves then?” He smiled, “my name you already know. I’m Jungsu, but stagename is Leeteuk.” I nodded just as Sungmin spoke up.

“I’m Sungmin~ We’ve met before!” I nodded and sent him a smile but before I could answer a new explosion happened. Everybody spoke up at once and I was silently happy that I already knew their names, or else, I would have get confused. Seriously.

“Kim Jongwoon, stagename is Yesung~”

“Hi, I’m Ryeowook, nice to meet you!”

“Kyuhyun here~”

“Kim Heechul.”

“Lee Donghae. I hope you’ll like it here!” I nodded at each of them before I looked at Donghee.

“I… it isn’t everybody who is here, right?” I asked. I knew that they were like… fifteen, but three were absent and I wasn’t sure if the two sub-unit guys should be here now.

“Siwon is missing. He went home for his mum’s birthday,” Leeteuk said with a smile, “and then there is Henry and Zhou Mi. But they’re with their families right now so you can’t meet them anytime soon.” I nodded. Looking at the members I couldn’t help but think, that my life from now on would be interesting. Shy or not.