Z24

Welcome to the Zoo ~ [HIATUS]

 

“Matt, Heemin, can you do the lift one more time?” The instructor asked, “just to be sure. I know your maintask is to sing but this has to be just as perfect as your vocals! And even though you already do an excellent job I want you to be more than that… so will you please?” Matt nodded and got up, then reached a hand against me to pull me up. I chuckled and let him.

Okay, fast introduction… this is Matt Caro. Half Spanish, half British. And my best friend on this cruise beside the twins. He had been here two seasons already and had been teaching me everything the instructor couldn’t. And we just clicked. The thing that made it even easier for me to be with him was, that he would never like me like that. He was gay. The man in the relationship but gay. His boyfriend visited him some weeks ago and seriously, he was really funny and clearly saved my week. And the two of them together was the sweetest thing I’d ever seen – and the boyfriend didn’t get one tiny bit of jealous when he saw Matt and I practice. He actually gave me some advices instead.

 

~ Samantha P.O.V ~

 

“LEE HYUKJAE GET SOME SPEED ON!” I yelled as I’d counted how many members who were at the elevator, “WE ARE NOT GOING TO MISS THE PLANE BECAUSE OF YOU! THEN WE’LL JUST LEAVE YOU HERE ALL ALONE!”

“Sam, calm down,” Junsu said and kissed my cheek, “we won’t miss the plane. I promise.” I stared at him just as the monkey decided to appear as the last person, lucky for him, in a busy way. I hit the back of his head.

“Stupd monkey. Let’s go,” I said and pointed outside where the vans were waiting, “Shannah wrote that Heemin’s performances already starts tonight and we’re first going to be there tomorrow because of your schedules. And now you’re about to make us miss the plane? Aish!”

 

Junsu and I ended up in a three-row on the plane with Donghae. Me in the middle of the two.

Donghae hadn’t even got to explain anything to Heemin about it, he did to me after she ran away and – AGAIN – just left an SMTOWN concert on the first flight back to Korea. I hadn’t seen her since. Story was that Donghae, as I thought, were going to talk to Jessica about what she’d said to Heemin but Jessica wouldn’t listen. And apparently she kissed him roughly just as I opened the door. Seing Donghae the following weeks, how much he regretted everything, made me think that it was the true story. Why should he lie? He loved Heemin. He still had her as his wallpaper on the laptop and also background on his phone. Plus, it wasn’t the first time Jessica tried to ruin the relationship so I’d decided to trust Donghae.

I wish Heemin would too.

Seriously, when I get to that girl, I wanted a serious talk. First, she can’t just leave like that! Second, she has to LISTEN to people instead of running away from the problems. I’d asked Shannah about it over mail and she said it was just a thing Heemin always did. Donghee said the same.

Had to give the girl a lesson.

“S-Sam? What do you think… h-how will she react when she sees me?” Donghae asked. I looked at him and smiled gently.

“She’ll be surprised Hae… but I’ll make sure that you get to speak to her and tell her the truth about that kiss. And afterwards I’ll give her a lesson in trust!” Donghae bit his lip and nodded.

“She had the right to leave though…” I rolled my eyes. Shook my head.

“No. She should have stayed and confronted you instead, maybe hit you. Then listened to you. That girl, I swear…”

 

~ Heemin P.O.V ~

 

Singing in front of so many people again was great. That freedom I felt on stage wouldn’t just dissapear like that. I could express myself through music with my voice and I loved it. Matty, Tabia and Shannah all did their best to encourage me with smiles backstage and claps on the shoulder – and the night ended great. The whole entertainmentteam went down to the cabins afterwards and sat in the corridors to talk – since that was the only place we could hang out. Some drank a bit alcohol too but not too much – there were also a day tomorrow.

“Katie?” one of the manly dancers said and got my attention – it was only the instructor, the twins and Matt who called me Heemin here -, “I heard a rumor about you…” I widened my eyes. Me? Why? I never did anything! … maybe that was why. People drew conclusions…

“What rumor?” Tabia asked, already going in defense mode, “I haven’t heard any rumor!” The dancer rolled his eyes.

“It’s not something bad or anything… is it right that your cousin is very famous in Korea?” I smiled eased. Just that?

“Yes it is,” I nodded, “he is a member in some famous boyband… Why?”

“Is it right you dated one of the members in his group then?!” Another dancer asked. Now I widened my eyes even more and looked at the twins. They both shook their heads like it weren’t them who’d said anything. But who could it be then? Not even Matt knew about that relationship! It just hurt too much to talk about in some way…

“That’s not true,” Tabia said, “and even if it were it’s none of your buisniss. So just forget about that rumor and make it stop spreading. Cousin is right, no relationship.” I nodded slowly and got up.

“I… I’ll head to bed,” I said and bowed my head, “goodnight guys~” Matt got up.

“I’ll walk you back. I’m heading off too,” he smiled and waved to the team, “sleep well fokez!” We went to the stairs – since both our cabins were two levels above this – in silence.

“That relationship… what happened?” he then broke the silence, “I know it was there. Your face told me… What happened?” I looked at him and sighed.

“He kissed another girl. I left for the cruise,” I said, “but I didn’t confront him about it… that’s what I regret the most… maybe if… but then I hadn’t met you,” I sighed again. Matt tiled his head.

“You loved him?” he asked. I hesitated, then I nodded.

“Loved… I still love him, that’s why it hurts… thinking of him… about that short time we were together… and that future we could have if it wasn’t for her… I regret leaving Matty… and I miss him… Sam… my cousin… Super Junior…”

“Sam? Super Junior?” Matt looked dumbfounded and I chuckled.

“Sam is… she is the sister of one of the members in the boyband Super Junior as my cousin is a part of… we’ve been mail-buddies for years before we found out we were related that way,” I smiled by the memory, “and as said, Super Junior is the name of the boyband. And yes, the name is a bit ridiculous but yeah…” Matt nodded and we stopped in front of my cabin.

“Do you have a picture?” he asked smiling. I hesitated again, nodded and then opened the door and let him inside. I sat down on my bed and opened the drawer. Matt took the little box from the nightstand without me realizing before it was too late. He saw it… the earrings, the necklace and the ring… from Donghae…

“This is… wow,” he whispered. I took the box and closed it.

“Private,” I mumbled and put down in the drawer as I found my photoalbum.

“The ex?” I just gazed him and he nodded. I opened the album and revealed the first picture – me, Sam and all the members including Heechul, Henry, Zhou Mi and even Kangin(which I’d only met twice but still).

“Who is your cousin?” Matt asked and looked at the picture curious. I pointed.

“Shin Donghee… his stagename is Shindong,” I smiled a bit but the smile fainted away when I saw who stood by my side with an arm around my waist.

And no, I’m not talking about Sam.

“That’s… that’s him, right?” Matt pointed at him. I nodded.

“Lee Donghae,” I whispered and sank as I started tear up. Matt closed the album and pulled me in for a hug.

“A guy who just kisses another girl doesn’t deserve a girl like you… no matter how hot he is” he whispered, making me smile a bit with the tears on my cheeks, “if I wasn’t gay I would totally love you forever and never cheat on you… you deserve the best of the best,” he kissed my cheek and smiled gently. I nodded and brushed the tears away from my cheeks.

“I… thank you,” I whispered, “f-for talking to me… f-for being my friend even though I’m so ed up…” Matt chuckled.

“I like you… as a friend. Even though you’re ed up ;)”

 

A/N: :D