Z10

Welcome to the Zoo ~ [HIATUS]

 

Sam called as I got home and asked if it was okay she brought 2PM for dinner and Junsu stayed overnight. On the couch of course like she said, making me laugh. To me it wouldn’t really matter, but I guess they wanted to spend as much time together as possible before Junsu would have to leave again. They wanted to see her new place but if I wanted a silent night it was okay. I said they could come though as I didn’t wanted to seem unwelcoming. They promised to bring something to eat so I could relax until they arrived. And so I did.

I allowed myself to take a long bath and afterwards turn on the TV to watch Heartstrings. Two CN Blue members in one drama – I wasn’t the one to complain.

While watching I couldn’t help but think back at my Incheon days. I mean, I remember Dongwan now. I remember he always gave me candy if we met in our gardens and he and my dad always seemed to enjoy talking together. What happened to them? After we moved I never met Dongwan again. Back then I didn’t think much about it but now I find it strange… maybe they just fell apart. That much apart that Dongwan didn’t even know about the accident…

 

“Heemin ah… we’re home,” a soft voice said as someone tapped my shoulder lightly. I groaned and opened my eyes as I turned around. Sam and all six members of 2PM were looking at me, making me jump up and widen my eyes.

“Morning sleepy,” Sam said with a smile, “dinner is served~” I rubbed my eyes embarrassed as the guys comfortably found pillows to sit on around the table in front of the couch.

“What… what did you buy home for dinner?” I asked to find a topic as Taecyeon and Wooyoung put some bags on the table, probably filled with food.

“Bibimbap,” Chansung answered, “Sam didn’t know what you would like so…” I shook my head.

“It’s… it’s f-fine,” I said, “I liked it when I was a kid so I probably still will…” Chansung nodded with a smile and handed me a box and some chopsticks.

“What have you been doing today Heemin-ssi?” Junsu asked as he looked at me, “Sammie said something with dancing?” I hesitated and nodded.

“Y-yeah… Got invited to… to dance and have fun with some from S-SM,” I said and looked nervously at Sam who seemed to have fun with me being all-nervous again.

“Really? You like dancing?” Wooyoung asked interested. I nodded.

“I… yeah, I do…” I said and smiled to him, “dancing and… and singing-”

“She just graduated from Julliard,” Sam added like a proud mother or something. I nodded and scratched my neck. Here we go again with the questions~

 

“Umma, when are you going to be here?” I whined in the phone as another lightening lighted the streets, “it’s cold and rainy and I have no umbrella!” I could hear the motor in the background and the radio on a low volume just as the thundernoise came.

“We’re coming as fast as possible sweetheart. Five more minutes, okay?” I could hear my mum say. I sighed and nodded.

“Araso. I’m standing under a tree,” I said before I hung up.

I was only wearing shorts and a t-shirt since the sun was shining when I left home earlier. I’d taken the bus to the beach where I hung out with some classmates and afterwards we went to a little club, though we were minors, but no one really cared. I didn’t have more than one bottle of soju since I didn’t like the thought of not knowing ‘what I did last night’. We got kicked out eventually and as my classmated went to someone they knew nearby I decided to go home so I called my parents when I realized that I didn’t have money for a taxi and the last bus drove a half hour ago.

Fact was just, they never came that far as to me. They crashed with a truck 50 meters from me just as the thunder got worse.

 

I woke up, covered in sweat, panting like I’d just ran a marathon.

“Ohmy…” I mumbled and reached out for something to drink. I usually had a glass of water beside my bed but not today. I groaned as I swung my legs over the bed-edge. I had to get something to drink. Now.

It was first when I left the room and entered the kitchen that I noticed that the sun was shining outside. I looked at the watch and stared. 1pm? Then I’d slept for like… 16 hours straight? That must be some new record, I swear.

“Goodmorning Heemin,” Sam and Junsu entered from the living room, “how are you today?” I smiled weakly and took a bottle of water from the fridge.

“U-uhm…. Fine,” I mumbled before taking a sip, “I really… I’m feeling un-extremely hot right now…” That could explain the water, right?

“Then drink some more water and find some lighter clothes,” Sam said. I nodded and drank some more, feeling a bit dizzy by it. I sat down on the desk and looked at them. They both seemed pretty happy and together it was just lovable. I wish that I someday could have a relationship like that~ So much love and friendship mixed to one happy-looking future.

“Oh, bytheway… your cousin wants to eat breakfast with you,” Sam smiled, “he said you should call him when you woke up!” I nodded.

“I’ll call him and take a bath then,” I said, “what are you planning to do today?”

 

“Morning sleepyhead,” Donghee chuckled as we met downstairs, “how long did you sleep?!” I laughed and gave him a quick hug.

“Very long actually. Where are we going? Are there long? I’m seriously hungryyyyyyyyy~” I whined, making him chuckle again. He started walking against the stairs to the basement and I followed.

“We’re taking my motorbike,” he said, “then we can be there in ten minutes!” We went to a corner of the basement where his old motorbike was parked. I remembered that he got it when he made his debut and he really loved it.

“You still have it?” I said excited as he handed me a helmet. He nodded.

“Of course! I just don’t use it that often these days so… I thought of taking you of with me when I got time!”

 

It was nice eating with Donghee again. I mean, in old days, we ate together every Sunday morning, before debut for him I mean. It was just something we always did so when he moved and suddenly became a superstar, I felt kind of lonely in the start. Even with our five years age difference, we always talked very well and understood each other like friends in the same age.

For the first time since coming back to Korea I felt home this morning.

“It’s almost five years Heemin… how is it going?” We’d talked about our everyday already and such but now the topic came. I sighed and shrugged, looking down.

“It… it could be better, but definitely also worse,” I said, “I… for the first… for the first time in months, I… I dreamed about them last night…” I looked up, “about the accident night… it was still... it was still so clear,” I bit my lip as Donghee caught my gaze.

“Heemin ah…” he took my hand over the table and squeezed it, “it’ll never be easier, but you have to…” I nodded. I already knew what he was going to say.

“I live, Donghee… I live,” I smiled a bit, “and I can smile and laugh. Julliard really helped me to get back on track…”

“And lovelife?” he smiled and squeezed my hand again before letting it go. I hesitated.

“I…” Could I lie to him about this? Probably not. He would sense that there was something and ask me. I sighed. “I fell in love with someone from Julliard…” I said. Donghee widened his eyes – he probably hadn’t expected that I would answer honestly on that. Or that I actually had been that happy that I allowed myself that.

“Really? What…” I shrugged.

“He was an idiot. After four months of flirting – nothing more – his girlfriend from L.A. visited. She found out and slapped me in front of half Julliard. Just to tell it short,” my face didn’t show any feelings as I said it. And that was what I wanted. I didn’t wanted him to know that it still hurt today, ‘cause then he would be all worked up and mad. Not smart for an idol in public, I tell you.

“She what?” he looked at me blinking. I sighed.

“You heard me. She slapped me and humiliated me in front of the whole school,” I said, “but it doesn’t matter anymore. It’s past and I’m over it.” Tsch. I just hoped she believed in that. He sat some time and just ate, looking thoughtfully at me before he nodded.

“How are things between you and the members?” he asked instead of commenting anymore on that subject. Hesitation came before shrug.

“I… don’t really know,” I muttered, “I still feel awkward…” I bit my lip before taking a sip of my juice.

“Really? You seem comfortable with both Heechul and Donghae though,” he said and tiled his head. I scratched my neck.

“Heechul is… Heechul… awkward doesn’t seem to be a part of his vocabulary… or, if Sohee is a part of it, it is but-” I chuckled, “you know what I mean.” Okay, I like Wonder Girls. So, I see shows with them. Especially those were Super Junior also are so I can stalk my brother meanwhile.

It’s not that I’m a big fan or anything, but I like their music. I also saw them in the States once and they were pretty awesome live. Donghee chuckled.

“What about Donghae then?” he asked, “you almost don’t stutter around him anymore and you really smiled the other day when he talked to you!” I blushed a bit.

“Uhm… he… well, you know? He is… he always talks to me so… uhm…” Donghee chuckled.

“Donghae is a good kid Min.” he said as he winked. I gaped and threw my napkin after him.

“Yah!” I said embarrassed, “he is just… we’re friends! F-R-I-E-N-D-S!” He laughed and covered his face.

“If you say so~ If you say so~” he said in a sing song voice. I pouted.

We ate the last in silence because I was too embarrassed by my reaction to start a conversation and Donghee seemed to have too much fun by me. When he had paid and we were on our way out he looked at me.

“Hey, wanna come for a music-show later?” Donghee looked at me. I shrugged. I had been thinking of going home and sleep some more. Then he smiled.

“Come on! Both CN Blue and Dong Bang Shin Ki is going to be there! Also-” I smiled and nodded happily.

“I’m coming!”

 

A/N: Is it now I shall post ten lines about how terrible sorry I am for not updating in weeks? 'cause I am sorry. 
School started. I had a really hard and stressfull work-week. Homeworks are coming in bunches. Yeah, stuff like that. And then I decided to rewrite this chapter because I thought it . I still do, but it got a bit better ^^

On Friday I'm going to Berlin with my school and are going to stay there for a week. I'm not sure if I have time to update before that, sooo... sorry again. Don't hate me! Dx

//Miji96