Z23

Welcome to the Zoo ~ [HIATUS]

 

~ November 2011 ~

 

“YAH MISS PITIFUL! We have a rehearsal in five minutes and you’re still in your cabin?! Get your tiny out here, right now!” I groaned and turned around. Not again. Not today. Just wanted to stay in bed, but nooooo! I couldn’t do that. My life, I swear.

“Heemin you can’t hide in there every second day! Come out now or I’ll go and find Matty!” I sighed and sat up.

“Araso, araso… give me a minute,” I said and pulled on my shoes which stood beside my bed. I reached out for my phone on the nightstand when my hands brushed over the little box. I stared at it for a second before I also took that and put in my purse. I went outside and saw Tabia and Shannah stand with crossed arms and look annoyed at me.

“Heemin it’s your first show tonight and you still plan on being here with that attitude? If we knew you came here with that, we would never have recomanded you!“ Tabia said. I bowed my head.

“Sorry Tab… I promise it was the last time today,” I bit my lip. Shannah sighed and gave me a one-arm hug.

“We hope. Heemin, there is still seven months before your contract ends. You have to get out of that black shell of yours and get back on track. There are other fishes in the sea, right?” We started walking against the stairs as we talked and I shrugged.

“Maybe… but I just want my fish…”

“Then you should talk to him instead of hiding in the middle of the ocean,” Tabia said, “I seriously still don’t get what happened, even though you’ve told the story ten times if not more. It’s so stupid Shin Heemin!” I shrugged and stared foreward as I got into a daze again. What did actually happen back then? It happened so fast, yet so… dramatically. And yes, I regretted leaving, but I first realized it AFTER I’d signed with the cruise-company and it was too late. At least I still had the twins to lean on, but I seriously missed Korea… or, the people in Korea.

 

After the rehearsal the instructor came to me and told me ‘how well I did’ and ‘how lucky they were to have me’. I just said thank you and send him one of my too-often-used fake-smiles. Of course, I liked the praises but I couldn’t make myself receive them. I was such an idiot.

The auditionshow back in September… I got a second place, lost to a girl called ‘Ailee’ who seemed to control the stage a bit better than me and she also seemed less nervous. She deserved it and I was fine with a secondplace - SM still wanted me so it wasn’t that why I left. Tsch, why should I? I had a future there… Then Super Junior started traveling more around and I was left with Sam in Korea since she was modeling and had Junsu there. I could have went with Donghae but I just felt best when I had a place to fully stay and he respected that and we chatted everyday. Then Sam got two weeks off and we decided to surprise them at their stay in NYC where they had another SMTOWN concert – and then I could also see Julliard again and meet up with people. I just didn’t get to do that, since we surprised them on the day they arrived – and I saw something I shouldn’t.

 

~ Flashback ~

 

“SAM! They’re here, they’re here!” I whined happily as I bounced up and down, pointing out of the window where the SMTOWN-bus parked down at the enterance. Sam came out of the bathroom, half done with her make-up and looked out of the window too.

“Wah-wah! They are!” she beamed, “give me five minutes, then we’ll find them!” I nodded and as she went back I kept looking down on the street to wait for them to come out. First f(x) and SHINee walked out in best idol-manner with their bags and waved to the screaming fans. After them, Yunho and Changmin followed and then a bunch of managers. That was it. I tiled my head – where were SNSD and Super Junior? Would the first arrive later on? I found my phone and scrolled through the contact list and called Changmin. I could see him find the phone and show it to Yunho as I called. I think Yunho asked him to pick it up and so he did.

“Hello?” He said. I smiled and did my best not to fangirl over the phone as I answered,

“Oppa, hi! It’s Heemin!“ I said. He chuckled.

“I can see that. What’s up Katie?“ I smiled and as he disappeared inside the hotel and the managers were the last to enter I sat down on my bed.

“Uhm… Why isn’t you together with Super Junior?”

“What?! How do you know?!” He asked immediately, “Are you psycig?”

“Ani… I’m at the same hotel as you and saw you arrive a minute ago. And Super Junior and SNSD were missing~” Changmin sounded really surprised.

“You’re here?! Really?!” he exclaimed, “which room? Floor? I’ll come and find you!” I told him the number and he said he would be here in ten minutes.

…and exactly ten minutes later it knocked on the door, Sam and I went to open and outside stood Yunho and Changmin.

“And I thought you were kidding!” Changmin said as he gave me a light hug – making me turn bright red – and then also gave Sam one. Yunho hugged us too and we went inside.

“The two big groups went to the concertplace to try the stage before us,” Yunho explained, “they don’t know you’re here do they?” We both shook our heads with smiles and the idols chuckled.

“Aigoo… Donghae will be so happy to see you,” Changmin said, “Kyuhyun told me he talks about you more than five times a day. You must be one special girl, Min!” I blushed and looked down, Sam chuckled.

“Well, she is. And those two, I swear, they’re the cutest couple I’ve ever seen! So innocent and mushy!”

 

Changmin asked us to join him and Yunho in the bus on the way to the concertplace. SHINee and f(x) greeted us with smiles when they saw us and we chatted about this and that all the way. I stayed quiet most of the way but Sam talked happily with them and we arrived fast at the concertplace. I was so exited to see Donghae again and clenched my hand around the necklace he gave me that day. We went out of the bus and inside the stadium. Some staff told us the way to the dressrooms and Sam and me ran ahead to find the guys.

And they were very surprised to see us. Donghee jumped up and hugged me laughing, asking me what I did here. I told him we came as a surprise and then looked around to find Donghae – but no luck.

“Where is Hae?” Sam asked before me, “Heemin hasn’t seen him for a long time!” I blushed, Leeteuk answered,

“He went out to talk to Jessica five minutes ago!” Sam looked at me and shook her head, like she read my mind.

“I don’t think he have had time to talk to her about the Japan incident yet,” she said, “come. Let’s find them!” I nodded and followed her out. In the corridor we got met some mix of the oher group members.

“Heemin? Samantha? What are you doing here?!” Tiffany asked surprised and hugged both of us.

“Surpriiiiiiise~” Sam laughed, “we just missed the boys so much… and you girls of course!” she winked and Tiffany laughed.

“Do you know where Hae and Je-Jessica are?” I asked. I just wanted to find them now… I missed Donghae! And, he were alone with Jessica.

Not that I would start acting like a jealous girlfriend, but I didn’t like it.

“Uhm… I think they went to the E-sektion,” Krystal – Jessica’s sister – said and pointed, “Unnie said they were going to talk in private.” I widened my eyes, Sam shook her head of me.
“Min, don’t make any conclusions,” she grabbed my hand and looked at the idols, “see you later! We’re going to find a boyfriend!” She dragged me against the E-sektion and as we neared I started listening for voices – but the only ones I could hear were the staff members yelling around. Sam let go of my hand and we looked into different rooms in the section. Then I heard Sam gasp, so I turned against her as she closed the door.

“U-uhm… they a-aren’t in there, let’s go to the others!” she said all puzzled. They were there… I went against it and past her and opened the door.

Then my heart stopped beating… or something.

They were kissing.

And by ‘they’ I mean Donghae and Jessica.

A/N: Soooo, I've had this planned for a very long time actually. I just didn't know how to put it in before now xD
Yay for drama. :D