Z12

Welcome to the Zoo ~ [HIATUS]

 

“HEEMIN SHIN COME HERE YOU BRAT!” Tabia and Shannah both stood with both hands on their hips, looking identically scary. I gulped – what had I done? And shouldn’t they board that cruise they should work on? WHY WERE THEY HERE?!

“G-girls?” I said nervously. I was happy to see them, it wasn’t that, but they were seriously scary right now. They both scowled.

“Why. Why did we hear rumors about you doing drugs?” Tabia asked as they started walking against me. I widened my eyes.

“What? Why did you?” I was dumbfounded. Drugs? Seriously? Why would I do that – and who would say such things?

“I told you it wasn’t true,” Shannah whispered. I widened my eyes, then started laughing.

“You seriously… Tabia!” I jumped against her and hit her shoulders, “why did you think that about me?!” Tabia smiled a bit embarrassed and hugged me.

“Sorry girl,” she said, “I just got noia when I heard it…” I smiled and kissed her cheek before I hugged her sister.

“You two are unbelievable,” I said.

“SHIN HEEMIN!” Sam walked against us, “why did I just hear your name in the same sentence as ‘drugs’ huh?! ARE YOU CRAZY!?” Okay, now I really couldn’t stop laughing. I don’t know why, but I laughed hysterically and hung my arms around Shannah’s neck so I didn’t fell or something.

“Is she insane?” Sam asked Tabia in fluent English, Tabia shrugged and chuckled. I tried to control my breath but just as I thought I succeed I started laughing again. You know those moments? If you don’t, your life must be boring… :P
“O-okaaaaaay…” I took a deep breath again, “I think I’m back,” I smiled and kissed Shannah’s cheek, “thanks for letting me use your legs!” Shannah chuckled.

“You’re getting heavier,” she teased as I let go. I chuckled.

“Is that a compliment?” I’d been skin and bones back when I came at Julliard. I didn’t eat much and it was only thanks to Tabia and Shannah that I started eating again, eating more to be exact.

“If you say so? Can we get a place to talk, there is seriously many people here!” Shannah looked around and made me too. We were standing in the middle of a place where the staff was running around. I noticed that some of the artists were looking at us from some distance. I blushed and nodded.

“We can go to Super Junior’s and kick them out,” Sam said and then looked at me, “you have something to explain missy!”

 

We didn’t succeed in kicking the boys out of their own make-up room, so they all sat there and looked completely lost as we were talking in English. Tabia and Shannah didn’t understand Korean and since Sam was speaking in English too, English it was.

“So you are telling me that you two flew all the way over here to find out about a rumor that mostly wouldn’t be true?” Sam asked surprised. They shrugged and nodded with a smile.

“Pretty much~ We needed and excuse I think,” Shannah said and chuckled, “it’s weird to be separated after four years of seeing each other everyday…”

“She is our third twin,” Tabia added, “the asian one of us!” Sam nodded and looked at me.

“You never told me how close you three were!” she pouted, she had talked in Korean. I smiled a bit.

“I missed them too much to talk about them I guess?”

“Hey! English, please?” Tabia said and tried out pouting. She and Shannah had never been good at it. They always tried after they started hanging out with me, but they weren’t really good. They were more the ‘swagish’ types – I was the cute Korean girl. That was how people saw us at least.

“You should stop pouting,” I said and poked her cheeks, “it doesn’t suit you girl!” She turned into a smile and chuckled.

“Okay mama~” she winked at me.

 

“This is your crib?” We had just entered our dorm and the girls put down their bags, “cool!”

They had asked Sam and me if they could stay for some days before going to Italy where they apparently were going to board the cruise. I didn’t have any problem with it so I let Sam decide and she said yes. As said; ‘If one of my friends came, I would like to have her close too!’ – so no problem there.

“You’re going to sleep in the living room,” I said smiling, “on the couch. And then we’ll steal a madras from Super Junior too!” They both nodded and started looking around. I glanced at Sam who smiled.

“Your friends seems nice,” she chuckled, “and full of energy! But… I don’t think I’ll never know who are who! They are too much look-alike!” I laughed and nodded.

“Not many can. I learned after a month or two but it took a year before I stopped getting confused by their tricks!” Sam didn’t seem at ease.

“Do they get annoyed when people confuse them?” I shook my head.

“Nope~ They are too used to it so they make fun of it instead,” I smiled.

 

That night, I for the first time asked the members of Super Junior to come for dinner at our place. I liked cooking and since I’d never cooked them a meal before, plus my friends were here, I thought it would be a good idea. Siwon couldn’t come though because of his acting, but everyone else could.

“Need help with anything?” Tabia asked and leaned against the drawers. I looked odd at her.

“If you near my food I’ll kill you,” I muttered and pointed at her with the spatula I stood with, “out of my kitchen!” She laughed and took her hands up.

“Okayokay! I’ll go and help Samantha with the plates then!” I nodded and looked after her as she went out.

Tabia in a kitchen – NOT a good idea. Nor Shannah. Just sayin.

I finished the cooking just as the members got home from their schedule and invaded the dorm. Sam and the twins helped me with getting the food on the table and we all sat down, the members looked a bit awkwardly at Tabia and Shannah since they didn’t usually seemed to eat with black people they didn’t understand very well. Sam and I had lots of fun though.

“Heemin ah, can’t you finally get to sing?” Donghee asked, “I haven’t heard you since BEFORE Julliard. And I’m sure you have improved lots!” I shook my head and stuffed some noodles into my mouth.

“Nope. I’m eating,” I said. Sitting between the twins and in front of my cousin made me forget a bit about the people I was awkward with. This was really people I knew well and Tabia had warned me about being an awkward fish. She hated it.

“What are he asking?” I heard Shannah whisper to Sam. Sam translated it out loud so both of the twins heard it and they both nodded, now smiling.

“Sing Heemin! Show them what ya’ got!” Tabia said, “and it feels like forever!” I shook my head again.

“Nooooo! No! I’m eating!” I whined, just as she took my chopsticks.

“Were,” she said, “sing! Now!” Shannah laughed and poked my sides, making me make that ‘IV’ sound. I pouted at her.

“Yah!”

“Yah!” she said back, “now, sing!” I looked around as Sam started clapping her hands, repeating the word ‘sing’. Tabia and Shannah joined and then the members. It seemed hopeless to get out of! I sighed after a half minute and pouted.

“What should I sing?”

 

 “You should audition to be an idol!” Sungmin said impressed, “singing, dancing, you do both great!” I widened my eyes and shook my head at the compliment. Me, an idol?

“A-ani! I don’t have the looks for such thing!” I waved my hand in front of my face.

“You don’t WHAT?! Are you crazy?! A bit insane maybe?!” Donghae exclaimed right away and stared at me. The others did too but I noticed that Donghee glanced Donghae before I looked down.

“I… I…”

“What Donghae tries to say is…” Leeteuk took his explaining-tone on, “you don’t have bad looks Heemin. You have nice skin, cute feauteres and uhm…” he hesitated, “beautiful eyes. Heemin ah, you do have good looks but, and it’s a but, even if you didn’t, your talent overshines. Look at your cousin eight years ago. Had you back then thought he would be in the position he is in now, because of his looks? No, it’s his talent!” He looked at my cousin, “no offend by the way!” Donghee chuckled.

“None taken hyung.”

 

~ Next night ~

 

"Go to audition. Please Heemin, if you don't think you can, who can then?!" Tabia said and tried once again with aegyo. I shook my head.

"No. I don't even wanna be famous, Tab. Why should I audition?!"

"Why did you go to Julliard if you didn't plan a carrier in the music-world?" Sam joined. I looked at her.

"I..." I shrugged, "it's complicated. Anyone who wants some fruit? I'll go cut some," I got up but no one answered. They just looked at me. I sighed.

"Only for me then. Araso~" I walked against the kitchen and closed the door behind me, as soon as I did, I heard them start talking. I shook my head and found an apple.

When I came back, the three of them stopped talking and looked at me.

"What?!" I said as I sat down. Sam tilted her head.

"What is your relationship with Hae?" she asked curious. I stared at her for a second. Then I asked dumbfounded;

"Donghae?" Both her and the twins nodded. I furrowed my eyebrows.

"U-uhm... I just think we're... F-friends?" I said before stuffing a piece of melon in my mouth.

"Friends my mama's ," Tabia rolled her eyes, "the boy totally has the hots for you girl, and maybe you don't feel it right now but your head is redder than a tomato in the moment~" she winked, I laid my hands on my cheeks and felt it. I bit my lip.

"There is nothing wrong with having feelings for a guy you know," Shannah added, "I know you don't believe in guys after Mike but even though I haven't talked to this Donghae guy, he seems like a one you can trust."

"You can trust him," now it was Sam who talked, "I've known him for a long time already and he won't hurt you. And even if he do, I'm sure it isn't on purpose. First, because he just isn't like that. He is seriously a sweet guy! And second... He will know that if he does, not just Shindong but also will I come after him," she winked. I nodded slowly and got up.

"I'll get some air," I said. Always when I got such a long speech and people wanted a proper and/or clear answer, fresh air was my best helper. I took my jacket and went to the elevator to go to the roof. At first glance it looked like I was alone so I sat down on the usual spot, on the edge with my legs swung over. I closed my eyes and took some deep breaths.

Donghae.

Did I have feelings for him? He was the only guy - besides Heechul maybe - I talked to the most, and he made me happy and comfortable. Or, lately he made me. In the start I was awkward but I was that with everyone. Could it be more than a growing friendship?

"Heemin?" a voice asked from behind, a bit surprised. I twitched and someone grabbed me from behind. My heart started beating a bit faster as I felt my body pressed against his.

"Don't fall!" he said scared with a shaking voice. I turned my head and saw his eyes were all puffy and red.

"Y-you're crying?" I whispered as some tears rolled down his cheek. He didn't even hide it, he just nodded. I bit my lips and turned around in his grab. My heart started beating even faster as I hugged him back.

"It's... It's the anniversary... o-of his death," I heard him mumble. I sank. Anniversary. Death anniversary.

"He must be proud of you..." I whispered as it was the only thing I could think of. That was always what I needed to hear. That they would be proud of me if they saw me today. And Donghae had just won again with Super Junior this exact night on one of the music programs. Donghae nodded and tried to control his breath. I tried to look at his eyes and he quickly dried his cheeks.

"Thank you..." he whispered. I smiled soothingly.

"You're welcome..." I nodded, "and I was honest, even though I never met him... He would be so, so proud of you. Who wouldn't? Even I am!" I chuckled. He nodded.

"D-do you know what? Heemin ah..." I tiled my head.

"W-what?" my heart was beating faster again. His head leaned closer to mine.

"I... I really like you Heemin-ssi..." he rested his forehead on mine. I widened my eyes. He liked me? He said it without blinking, looking me in the eyes and the only reason I think his voice were shaking was because he was crying. At least, that was how I felt it.

I think my body froze. I couldn't move and I couldn't think properly.

Donghae.

He liked me.

Sam said he wouldn't hurt me.

She said he was honest.

And my heart was beating really fast right now.

"H-Heemin? S-say something... Pl-please..." he mumbled. I saw tears form in his eyes again and it was like it pushed something in me.

"D-don't cry..." I mumbled, "p-please... I..." I closed my eyes a second, "I like you back..."

 

A/N: I WENT TO BERLIN AND CAME HOME THREE HOURS AGO.
- So here is your update :P Wrote A LOT on my phone while gone so next chapter will be up tomorrow after unpacking and checking grammar - if I can get some comments :P