Z17

Welcome to the Zoo ~ [HIATUS]

 

“Heemin-ssi?” I opened my eyes, lifted my head from Donghae’s shoulder and looked against the voice. Changmin had turned against me and looked at me. And I started blushing immediately.

“N-ne-neh?” I said nervously. He send me one of those killer-smiles and tilted his head.

“I just heard you were a fan… and I felt bad for not introducing myself to you before now,” he chuckled, “it’s nice to meet you. I’ve heard a lot about you from Shindong hyung!”

“Yah Changmin!” Donghae chuckled and squeezed me, “you’re making her heart beat ten times faster!” Why did everything suddenly feel really hot? It wa shot in here, right?

“Sorry hyung,” Changmin chuckled, “I am just that awesome, you know?” Donghae laughed and kicked his seat playfully.

“Who did you hang out with since you’re that openmouthed?!” The others in the bus laughed at it and Changmin just winked at me, making me look down in fear of doing something too fangirlish.

We arrived the hotel we were staying at and got out keycards. Sam and I got a keycard for the same room and hurried to the elevator before the members got theirs. We went to our room and just when Sam was about to put her keycard in the door it opened and two girls stepped out, both wearing looking like they shouldn’t be going out right now. Sam looked at them.

“Taeyeon? Tiffany?” she said. They both nodded and smiled.

“Hey Samantha. There is two single beds free in there,” one said, “we’re going to the other girls to see their room. Be back soon!” Sam nodded dumbfounded as the girls waved and leaved. I looked at Sam.

“Who…?” Sam stared at me and shook her head.

“Heemin, that was SNSD. Girl’s Generation?” I nodded.

“Hyoyeon!” I said. Sam nodded and rolled her eyes.

“Good thing that you know one of them!” She chuckled, “seems like we’re going to share room with those two the next couple of days~”

 

“Knock knock… may we enter?” The door had been half open since we came and neither Sam or me had been thinking of that. Now Donghae, Eunhyuk and Sungmin stood there though with smiles on their faces. Sam looked at them and tilted her head.

“Let me thiiiiiiiiiink~ Heemin, what do you think?” she looked at me with a teasing glimp in her eyes. I tilted my head too and looked like I was thinking hard about it.
“I don’t know darling. I mean, three boys alone with two girls in a hotel room? Is that going to end good?” I was talking with my best british accent. Sam looked like she was about to burst out in laughing for a second but kept the face and played with me, also putting on a brittish accent.

“Good point dear. Look at those well-build boys. We wouldn’t be able to defend ourselves for a-”

“Yah! It’s not like we’re going to you or anything!” Eynhyuk said. I still kept my mask.

“Dearest Hyukjae-ssi, that’s where you’re terrible wrong. I’ve heard about those videos you’re watching and with your need to watch them all the time and the amount of time you’ve spent away from your laptop, I’m actually terrified to be in room with you like this.” Donghae, Sungmin and Sam started laughing really much and finally I let myself bursr too. Donghae went to me and hugged me by the waist, swinging me around.

“I’ll protect you~” He whispered in my ear, chuckling before kissing my cheek. I blushed lightly and send him a shy smile.

“Amazing how you can change identity in a second,” Sam said, “that before. That was brilliant girl!”

“It was absolutely no fun!” Eunhyuk pouted but I could see that his eyes were smiling with us. I bowed my head.

“Sorry Oppanim,” I said and send him a cute smile. His face lightened up in a smile and he waved his hand.

“Aniyo. It’s okay!” Donghae laughed lightly and gave my body a squeez.

“Sam! I have something to show you!” Sungmin said and grabbed her hand fast, “come anchovy!” Then he grabbed Eunhyuk and pulled them with him out, Sam closing the door behind. I widened my eyes and looked at Donghae who looked grateful at the door.

“What…?” Donghae smiled and pecked my lips to shut me up.

“Sungmin did it to give us a moment,” he whispered against my lips, “in daylight for once…” I smiled and bit my lip. He chuckled and pulled me to sit down on the tiny couch behind us. I half sat on his lap and cuddled close to him, resting my head on his shoulder.

“Are you okay?” he asked with a concerned voice as he caressed my hair. I sighed, thinking of earlier.

“Honestly no…” I muttered, “it was quite a shock to see those two again…” He nodded and planted a light kiss on my temple.

“I know… if I’d known who they were, I-” I shook my head and looked up at him.

“No. As I told Donghee, those two are my buisniss. I don’t want other involved with them…” his hand had clenched around a bit of my hair and his heart was beating faster in his chest, “please…” I added. He nodded once and took some deep breaths. His hand loosened around my hair and he looked more relaxed again.

“I just… I don’t like what happened there,” he mumbled. I reached up and pecked his lips.

“I didn’t either. But it happened and we can’t change that…” The door opened and for a second I thought it was Sam but then I saw some girls, probably from SNSD. I recognized Hyoyeon together with the two from earlier and another girl.

“Donghae Oppa!” the last girl I’d never met said in surprise. Donghae stared for a second, then send her a smile. I got down from his lap and sat beside him in the couch with my fingers interwined with eachother.

“Hi girls,” he said, “it’s nice to see you again!” The other three nodded but the new was pouting abit. Donghae didn’t seem to notice though…

“Are you two dating?” Hyoyeon asked curious. Donghae nodded with no hesitation and laid an arm around my waist.

“Yeah…”

“Donghae!” I pouted. He chuckled.

“Heemin, they entered and saw. And they aren’t idiots!” he kissed my cheek and I and I looked down. Hyoyeon chuckled now.

“Congratulations you two!”

 

We were sitting in the front row in the concerthall, me, Sam and some staff who got some time off, watching the rehearsals on stage. I, as the shy fangirl I was, had to contain all my feels as DBSK were up and tried to look as cool as Sam by my side – without luck.

“Shin Heemin?” a foreign voice asked. I looked back from where it came and saw some men in suit. I was pretty sure that one of them was the old CEO, Lee Sooman. The staff and Sam got up and bowed, Sam kicked my leg so I quickly followed.

“Neh?” I said. The guy I now was almost sure was Lee Sooman smiled.

“Can I talk to you in private for a second?“ he asked, “if you’re Shin Heemin as in Shindong’s cousin that is.” I widened my eyes and nodded slowly as Sam pushed me. I followed the old CEO to the back and to one of the unuset stylist-rooms where he sat down in a chair. I kept standing at the door until he friendly waved me to sit in another.

“You’re for sure wondering why I’m asking you to talk to me,” he said and sent me an uncle-smile. I nodded slowly and he chuckled. “I heard much about you lately. The amazing cousin who graduated Julliard and won big competitions in New York, the one who is dancing and singing very well~ And I wondered if you were thinking of auditioning?” I widened my eyes. Auditioning? Did he just ask me if I was thinkining of auditioning? I sank.

“I- uhm… I- I don’t… I d-don’t kno-know,” I stuttered, “I…” I took some deep breaths, “I’m still getting… still getting used to live here again…“ He nodded.

“Don’t be nervous,” he smiled, “I just wanna say… I saw some videos from Julliard’s homepage some days ago with you in and you are… you are brilliant Miss Shin. Really good. And I think it would be a waste if you just let those talents of yours hidden away!” I was kinda dumbfounded. This wasn’t just any request I got. At Julliard we heard billions of speeches from the teachers about what to do if some agency contacted us. Think it over twice and once more, talk to family about it, think some more and then make the decision. I knew that Donghee wanted me to say yes to this offer. He wanted me to get a job and he wanted me to do it in this world since I did graduate from a big arts school.

“C-can I… Can I get to think some days?” I asked and looked nervously at him, “it’s… it’s a big decision to make on the spot…” He nodded, again with the uncle-smile.

“Of course. Let’s talk together again when we get back to Korea?” I nodded and send him a smile back.

 

A/N: Soooo, I'm thinking of giving this story some kond of boast now. 
Dunno how yet, but I'm going to do it drmatically xD