Z2

Welcome to the Zoo ~ [HIATUS]

 

“Are you hungry? We already ate before you guys came home but I put some leftovers in the fridge,” Ryeowook smiled, “I also saved something for you, Heemin-ssi!” As he said that, Donghee smiled to him.

“Ryeowook, you’re the best!” he gave him thumbs-up just as Ryeowook rolled his eyes.

“The green box is your salad hyung,” he said, “don’t near the meat, ‘cause you will regret it tomorrow, got it?!” I held my hand against my mouth to hide a chuckle. Seeing Ryeowook practically scold my cousin for something he hadn’t done yet - and my cousin actually listened - was quite a sight.

“Don’t worry Wook. We’ll keep an eye on him,” Eunhyuk said and smirked, “and he will not get any of my food~ Over my dead body!”

“Or mine. Heemin, come, let’s show you the kitchen,” Leeteuk smiled at me, “and don’t think we’re torturing your cousin by the way. He asked us to help him with the diet.” I nodded and smiled a bit.

“I’m glad you do. Thank you,” I bowed and then followed Leeteuk and Eunhyuk to the kitchen together with my cousin.

Looking around in the kitchen made me wonder if those guys ever ate together here. There were six chairs and a table where you maybe – if you were lucky – could squeeze in all six. The rest of the members would have to stand up or something. Donghee must had seen my gaze, ‘cause he smiled as he handed me some food.

“We usually don’t eat together here. Either we go to the living room and sits on pillows or something, or else we eat out. If we wanna eat together, I mean~” I nodded but looked around anyways.

 

It was first later that night I came to think of it.

“Oppa, what is the address of my new dorm?” I asked, “I mean. Since I live here from now on, I have to let people know my adress~” Donghee looked lazy up from the TV and told me the address, making me frown. I knew that address. But it wasn’t because of my cousin – I’d never been here before, nor had I sent him anything. If I had so, I would have send it to his parents so he wouldn’t think it was fanmail or anything.

“What’s wrong?” he asked and tilted his head. I bit my lip.

“Do… do you know if anyone with the name ‘Samantha’ lives here? She should be living on the 11th floor,” I said making him widen his eyes.

“Samantha? Samantha Kim?” he asked and I nodded.

“Neh. We met over the internet some years ago and have been mailing since,” I said, “and I’ve used that address for over a year now. After she came back from-”

“England,” Donghee said, “right?” I nodded. How did he know?

“Yeah… so you do know her?” I asked. He chuckled.

“Of course I do. It’s-” it knocked on my frontdoor – we were back at my dorm to unpack, Donghee had just crashed on the couch instead of helping – and I went to open.

“Who is it?” he asked even before I reached the door. I choose to ignore him and open up. Outside stood none other than the guy who only had said two words when I was near since I came – his name – Kim Heechul. He smiled at me though, I just wasn’t sure if it was a bit sarcastic or what.

“Hi. Shindong is with you, right?” he asked. I nodded and stepped beside.

“I… yes. Just come in,” I said and bit my lip. He kept smiling as he stepped inside.

“Heemin ah, who is it?” Donghee yelled again. I sighed.

“Your hyung. Heechul-ssi,” I answered as I showed Heechul the way to the living room after he had kicked of his shoes.

“Heechul hyung?” Donghee looked surprised up as we entered, “we were just talking about you!” I raised an eyebrow and looked confused at him.

“No? No we weren’t?” I said and sat down in the couch beside him, Heechul in an armchair, “we talked about my mailbuddy if you remember?”

“Yes. Sam,” Donghee nodded and looked at Heechul, who widened his eyes.

“Sam? As in my sister?” he asked, now making me widen my eyes. Ehh?!

“Your… your sister?!” I asked, “how… really?”

“Samantha Jamison Kim, as she prefers, yes,” he said, “you know her? From where?!”

“I…” and stuttering I started telling him. How we met three years ago over some site where you could find friends overseas and found out that both of us were Koreans, living in an English-speaking country. How we slowly got a great friendship and told each other about things in our lives – without mentioning that we had family in Super Junior. I never told her, she never told me. She had just told me that she had a busy brother, while I said that the cousin I lived at didn’t were much home after I started living with them. As time went I ended up telling her almost everything. It actually scared me a bit how much I told her sometimes after I’d send the letter, but it also helped. She was like an answering diary to me and I was like one to her. Or, that’s how I think of it at least.

“So you’re saying, that you and Sam are friends?” Donghee asked when I finished, “really?” I nodded.

“N-neh… I… even though we’ve never met, I see her as one of my best friends,” I bit my lip, “a bit pathetic, huh? but that’s my reality~” It went silent for some seconds.

“Does Sam know that you’re here?” Heechul said then, “or what?” I shook my head.

“I mailed the letter in the airport today. So it should first arrive at her address tomorrow or the day after,” I smiled a bit, “Heechul-ssi, can I ask… is-”

“Sam’s in England right now. Vacation,” Heechul smiled, “she’ll be home in a week or two I think~ Around our comeback!”

 

I was past midnight before my head hit my new pillow in my new bed. In my new bedroom. I sighed with a smile as I turned off the light. I hadn’t even been here twenty-four hours yet, but I had unpacked and seemed to have found my mailbuddy. And I had talked to more than one Super Junior member already.

Heechul actually seemed pretty nice when you first talked to him, even though I really disliked his girly look. I always had but no one knew. He had stayed together with Donghee ‘till around midnight, then they had to go home. Donghee mentioned that they had to get up again around 4am or something crazy. Just the thought made me cuddle my duvet even more. No way in hell I would get up at 4am.

 

Waking up the next morning was a rollercoaster of emotions. Why you may ask – it’s just waking up, right? Well for me, it’s more. I finally got to wake up my OWN place, not a place with noisy roommates or a family(my year at Donghee’s) or anybody else. In some ways I was a bit afraid that I would feel lonely but then, my OWN place! I could do with it what I wanted – after I got some money maybe – and no one would scold me if I turned the volume high on the stereo in the night because they wanted to sleep. I shouldn’t bother cooking food everyone else liked and I could cook the most disgusting thing to myself and enjoy it~ My taste is weird, trust me.

After taking a long shower I went to the kitchen to see if my dear cousin had made sure of just some kind of food or if I had to go grocery shopping at… 11.43am. Luckily I found some bags of ramen in one of the drawers and I send Donghee a happy thought before I started cooking one.

As I was eating – in front of the TV – my phone received a message on Kakaotalk. I had to use that program until I got a Korean sim-card, plus it was the best way to chat with Donghee. And guess who was writing~ 

 

: Donghee

HEEMIN AH! Are you busy today? If not, I will say that you should come and watch us shoot the concept-photos of our 5th album :3 Answer fast, neh?

 

I smiled. It looked like I just got something to do today~

 

A/N: Harro :3 Do you like it so far? I know that it's only the starters and all that, but anyways ^_^'