Bonfire Night

TWO OF US
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

      “Yuri-ah, I need your help to set this fire up.”

Sunny said as she dragged the tan girl away from the chair. Hyoyeon, who was busy gathering the woods that they had collected earlier, was looking at their direction. Sunny was a little exhausted because she had tried to set the fire but she failed. They had to be in hurry otherwise they wouldn’t have a perfect barbeque time later.

    “Arrasso. Pass me that lighter and gather the woods first. After that, we have to put the charcoals under the wood.” Yuri explained. Sunny did as she had told. Tiffany and Yoona brought the marinated beefs, meats and sausages and put those foods on the table.

 

 

    “Tiffany, let me carry that one and you should’ve just sit down.” Yoona spoke to the eye smile girl. Tiffany shook her head.

    “It’s okay, unnie. I don’t want to let you do that alone.”

“But you’re injured now. Just sit there and rest.”

   “Unnie, I will be bored if I’m not doing anything.”

“Okay. Let’s making bibimbap sushi roll together then.”

 

 

 

    After three minutes, Yuri set the fire up successfully. Sunny’s face lit up with excitement. They started to grill those foods. Suzy and Min came afterwards with another container of marinated beefs and sausages.

   “This is the second badge, unnie.” Suzy said, and with Min’s help they placed the container on the table. Sunny and Yuri raised a smile and they praised the younger girls for been working hard on the foods.

   “Daebak! Today is my lucky day!” Sooyoung’s eyes were sparkling and she was unlike others, who only giving her whole attention to the foods. Kaeun came and she stood beside Sooyoung.

   “Unnie, here’s another container.” The younger girl smiled and Sooyoung became more enthusiastic.

   “Good jobs, Kaeun-ahh…hey, wait. Did you get this for yourself?”

“Anio. I’m going to share it with you, unnie. I brought extra beefs and meats on my own so that I can eat a lot!” The little Kaeun laughed excitedly. Sooyoung pinched her cheek.

   “Aigoo…Kaeun-ah. I’m so speechless right now. I thought you’re going to eat that alone.”

    “Like I said just now, I will share it with you because I know we’re both shikshin.” They giggled along while grilling the foods. Yuri was wondering what they were up to so she moved towards them.

   “Gaaahhhhhhh!”

Yuri’s sudden voice startled both of the shikshin and she laughed over the funny reaction. Kaeun raised her grin showing her cute even teeth.

   “Aiishhh. Kwon Yuri! You want me to die of heart attack?”

Sooyoung whined and she smacked the tan girl on the shoulder. Yuri was laughing continuously.

   “Mianhae. It seems like both of you were up on something.” Yuri smirked at her with a suspicious look. Kaeun pretended to ignore them and she continued her grilling task.

   “Mworago?”

“I heard both of you giggling and whispering. What was that?”

“Anio. That was nothing. Waeyo?”

“It’s okay, then. You should flip the meat otherwise it will be burnt!”

 

 

Meanwhile Amber, Hyoyeon and Taeyeon were doing their task setting up the bonfire on the beach.

   “Aigoo…my back!” Hyoyeon was panting and she tapped her back gently. She leaned her palm on the scoop’s handler and inhaled the fresh air.

   “Come on, Hyo. We’re almost finish digging this up!” Taeyeon encouraged her again. She scooped out the sand and Amber had stopped as well.

    “Oh yeah. We’re almost done.” She said and she continued scooping the sand out and making a round hole. Taeyeon smiled with her satisfaction and she put the scoop down before she stepped into the hole. She measured the depth of the hole before stepped out again.

   “Guys, this is enough.” She showed her thumb up. Amber sighed and she smiled to Taeyeon. She bent down and touched the sand.

   “Good. The sand is not wet so we can build bonfire.” Amber chuckled happily.

“Okay, let’s go carry the woods.” Hyoyeon turned around and she made her way back to anywhere on the beach which they had assembled the woods and twigs. Yuri and Hyomin joined them afterwards.

 

 

Sooyoung and Kaeun were still busy grilling the beefs and sausages. Sunhwa, Nana and E-young came to help them but Sunhwa and E-young went to the empty side of the hand-made griller which the owner had provided. Nana walked slowly towards Sooyoung. Kaeun took a short glance and she snickered silently. Sooyoung was surprised when she finally noticed Nana was there stood just next to her. Sooyoung flashed a smile.

   “Need a help?” Nana, the gorgeous cheerleader girl approached.

“Ah..anio. It’s okay.” Sooyoung waved her hand to get rid of the smokes. Nana took the pincers and she spread out the meats on the griller. Sooyoung was silent and it was pretty awkward for her when Nana got by her side.

    “I think these are already cooked. Wanna try some?” Nana asked as she pointed the cooked meats to Sooyoung. She took one and turned to face Sooyoung. Sooyoung bewildered.

   “Open your mouth.” Nana said as she wanted to give Sooyoung a bite of the meat. Sooyoung did as she told and Kaeun giggled behind them. Sooyoung was blushing away.

    “Aishh…these two…this is such a scary scene. I’m afraid if Seohyun will look at them.” –Kaeun-

    Both Sooyoung and Nana gave their weird look to the giggling girl which making Kaeun stopped giggling and she pretended she didn’t see anything. Nana glared coldly at Kaeun and Kaeun noticed that. She said something inaudibly to Nana when the hot cheerleader can’t take her glare off Kaeun.

   Nana gave another cold stare to Kaeun, “Do you want to die?” and told the girl just through her expression that she should stopped making fun out of her. Kaeun raised her forehead and smile reluctantly. Sooyoung wriggled both of her eyebrows because she wanted to know what has happened between them. Kaeun winced and she shook her head off.

   “Huh…serve I’m right.” Kaeun mumbled to herself.

“Yeah…serve you right, Kaeun.” E-young . Sunhwa and E-young laughed together.

 

 

   The ‘bonfire’ team shouted happily when they finally made it into a perfect bonfire that they ever done. Yuri as usual tried her best to set the fire up. Then the fire slowly spread wildly.

   “Wow! This is amazing!” Hyomin clapped her hand continuously. Yuri exhaled a breath and she was relieved that the fire finally spread out.

    “Tonight is going to be a good night!” Hyoyeon and Taeyeon yelled together in unison.

 

 

 

    “Omomo…look at that!” Kaeun pointed her finger towards the bonfire and she stopped taking a bite of her food. E-young and Sunhwa were both amazed.

    “It’s beautiful!” Suzy jumped off from her seat excitedly. Tiffany and Yoona left their bibimbap roll for a while just to check out what had just happened. It was that bonfire matter.

    Tiffany smiled when she saw Yuri from her direction and her stomach started to feel funny. Was she nervous? Yes, she was. Even looking at Yuri from afar was always enough to make her heart pounding wildly.

   “They’re so great!” Min was just can’t take her eyes off from the ‘bonfire’ team. She had her eyes keep peeling on the girls and no one knew what Min had inside her mind.

    “Who set the fire just now?” Uee asked. She had finished rolling the bibimbap.

“Kwon Yuri.” Fei answered her who was busy tasting her scorch rice soup. All of them were amazed by the fire and its tail roared up wildly towards the sky.

    “We’re gonna stay the night!” Uee said revealing her cheerful smile.

 

     “Oh my…Yuri unnie is damn hot!” Lizzy hissed and she gasped.

“Dae…even the way she carries the woods could make my heart stop beating.I joined the cheerleader team just because of her.” E-young bit her lower lip.

   “But she quit from the basketball team not long after that.” E-young added with sadness in her face.

    “Yes. I know that and it was because of Jessica who asked her to quit.” Lizzy answered.

    “How many hearts are bouncing for her?”

     “There are bunch of girls and guys are going after her.”

     “Ahhhh…jinja!” E-young grasped her own fingers. Lizzy was annoyed with her voice.

“What’s wrong with you, E-young? Does Yuri unnie make you turning on?”

   “Jeeeeezz…you make me sound like a ert.”

“Yeah. You did sound like a ert. I can’t stand having you as my competitor!”

    “Waeeee? I have right to admire anyone I want.” E-young whined furiously.

“Tsk! Stop dreaming and just acting like her fan girl. That would be enough.”

   “Hey, I’m wondering if Yuri unnie has a girlfriend.”

“It doesn’t make sense since she’s so beautiful and it’s impossible she is still single.”

   “You’re right. When I heard she was in love with Jessica Jung back then, I was really down but that rascal cheated on her.”

    “Yeah, I felt the same but Jessica now is dating Park Jiyeon. I’m wondering if they’re still together.”

   “I bet no because they’re in America. I know that blonde Jessica is a biggest player at our school. Who knows she will fall for someone there?”

   “Well, Park Jiyeon is a player too. She left every girl she dated after she ‘ate’ them.”

    E-young showed her sarcastic face. “That’s Park Jiyeon and both of them make a great couple since they’re player.”

   “And have you ever heard many stud

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter