A sad fate part 3:

TWO OF US
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

      [Yuri's father, Kwon Sangwoo]

 

  “Doctor Choi, how’s my daughter’s condition?”  The old man’s eyes were staring at the doctor, his own best friend. Dr. Choi crossed his arm and he looked away. But then, he gave his look again to Yuri’s father.  

    “She’s in the intensive care unit at the moment.” Dr. Choi answered with a calm voice.

“I want to know everything.” Yuri’s father answered back. Dr. Choi nodded.

    “Come with me.”

Both of them headed to the intensive care unit where Yuri was admitted.

     “Dear, God. I hope nothing bad happen to my precious daughter.”  Mr. Kwon prayed in his heart. That was a terrible day for him as he’d heard about Yuri’s accident. He felt like his heart was about to explode. And the old man struggled at his very best to bear the endeavour.

      “Let’s come in.” Dr. Choi said. Mr. Kwon saw her daughter lied down on the hospital bed. He struggled to walk close to the bed but stumbled at a time.

    “Yu…Yuri-ah…” The father burst into tears as he held her daughter’s hand.

“Sangwoo-ah, your daughter fell into coma. She had a serious injury on her head and she broke her right arm.”

    “Siwon, is she going to be okay?”

[Dr. Choi Siwon, Yuri's father'sbestfriend]

   

    “Don’t worry. Just leave everything to God. I and my team had done our best to save your daughter. Her condition is quite okay. Just don’t give up, buddy.”  Dr. Choi consoled his best friend. He could feel his best friend’s sadness. 

……

At the school

      “Hello?”

“Tiffany?”

   “Ne? Ah..yes, it’s me. Is that you, Madam Kahi?”

[Madam Park Kahi]

 

“Tiffany-ah,…your sister..”

“My sister? Yuri?”

   “She’s in the hospital right now. Please come here quick. The Seoul City hospital.” The line was disconnected.

   “Hello? Hello? Madam Kahi?”

“Aigoo…what was happening to Yuri unnie?” Tiffany immediately put all her stuff including her swimsuit into her bag.

   “Taeyeon-ah, I have to go to the hospital right now. My sister, Yuri…” said Tiffany with her worried look.

“Oh? Yuri? Waeyo?” Taeyeon’s eyes widened.

    “I don’t know. I have to get there quick!”

“Okay. I’ll go with you.” Taeyeon said as she nodded her head as a sign they have to get there as soon as possible.

   “Oh..okay.”

……

[Tiffany’s POV]

“Unnie, I’ve no idea what’s going on but I hope you’re just okay. I don’t want to lose you.”

"I think a part of me will be always waiting for you."

"I don’t regret the rain or the nights I felt the pain or the tears I had to cry some of those times along the way. For every road I had to take, every time my heart would break, it was just something I had to do to get me to you. The reason why I met you is destiny but if destiny will suggest that I live without you, I’ll live not by destiny but of free will."

"I often catch myself constantly wondering how you are, sitting alone with my mind set so far, reminiscing about your smile, your voice and touch. Damn this life! I’m missing you too much."

"Unnie, please be strong! I'm waiting for you"

"Because I love you..."

......

“Umma, where are you right now?” Tiffany was speaking to her mother on the phone.

-“I’m eating lunch with my clients, dear. Why are you calling at this hour?”

“Umma, Yuri unnie…” Tiffany couldn’t finish her words.

-“Yuri? WaeYuri?”

“Yuri unnie is in the hospital right now.”

-“What? What was happening to her?”

“I…I don’t know. I’m on my way going to the hospital. Bye, umma.”

     Tiffany was in tears. Taeyeon gave a quick glance to her.

“Fany-ah, are you okay?” The innocent girl just nodded.

   “Don’t worry, we’ll be there in a short time.” Taeyeon said. 

......

     “Here we are. Come on,let's go.” Taeyeon said and they quickly rushing into the hospital lobby. Taeyeon held her shoulder as Tiffany seemed so weak to walk. 

    “Fany-ah, don’t worry too much. Yuri is going to be okay.” Taeyeon said as she cleared . Tiffany lowered her gaze. She was clearly lost in thought and Taeyeon could felt the internal struggle she was having.

   They were half way when they met Madam Kahi. The middle aged woman rushed to get Tiffany when the innocent girl was already got there.

   “Madam Kahi, where’s my sister? Appa? Does he know about this?”

“Your father is inside the room. You may come in after wards.”

    “Un..unnie…” Tiffany cupped .

“She had an accident this morning. Her condition is quite critical.” Madam Kahi spoke to Tiffany. 

   "Anio..." Tiffany cupped her face with her palm. It was because she tried to hide her cries.

“She had an accident this morning. Her condition is quite critical.” Madam Kahi spoke to Tiffany.

    “Madam Kahi, is she in coma?” Taeyeon finally spoke out.  

“Ne. She is in coma.” Madam Kahi answered with a weak voice.

   As Tiffany hurtled towards the door, her heart skipped a beat with sadness because her step sister was lying on the hospital bed unconsciously. She flung the door open. 

       Mr. Kwon turned his head around when he heard the door opened.

“Appa!” Tiffany ran into her step father and gave him a hug. The innocent girl was crying. The father smoothed his daughter with his hand. As Tiffany wiped her face with her palm, her step father drifted fast.

    “I’m glad you’re already here, Tiffany. Yuri needs us right now.”

Tiffany nodded. She tried to speak but she was like losing her voice.

    “Appa…how’s Yuri unnie?” Tiffany grabbed both of his arms. Then, she gave her look to Dr. Choi.

“Tiffany-sshi, Yuri is still coma. I just want to remind all of you not to give up. Her condition is quite critical at the moment. Be patient.” Dr. Choi explained.

   “When is she going to be back to normal?”

Dr. Choi gave out a sigh. But then he smiled to the innocent girl.

  “It depends on herself. I know Yuri is a strong girl. She can fight over the pain. Do you get what I mean? Don’t worry, Tiffany-sshi, your sister is going to be fine. She needs you. So, take a good care of Yuri.” Dr. Choi finally left both Tiffany and her step father inside the room with Yuri. 

     Taeyeon then entered the room along with Madam Kahi. She stood close next to Tiffany and hugged her shoulder.

     “Fany-ah, just be patient. Dr. Choi was right. Yuri is going to be fine. I believe that.”

[Taeyeon’s POV]

“This is the most painful thing I see. Tiffany, when I see you crying like this, I think, I'm going to smile and make you think I'm happy, I'm going to laugh, so you don't see me cry, I'm going to let you go in style,and even if it kills me- I'm going to smile.”

“Just when

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter