The Feelings

TWO OF US
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Yuri fixed her school tie and she checked herself in front of the mirror.

    “Kwon Yuri, this is your new beginning. Fighting!”

Yuri smiled to herself and then she quickly took her school bag. She walked downstairs but suddenly she felt a hand grabbed her school bag from behind. When she turned her head, there was a cute girl smiling to her. Yuri scoffed and she pulled the girl close to her.

    “Morning, unnie. Why didn’t you tell me that you’re going now?” Tiffany rolled her eyes and she pouted. Yuri broke into a small laughter.

   “Omo…I’m sorry, Fany-ah. I used to first without telling you. But then we used to see each other during breakfast right?” Yuri grinned.

   “Anio, unnie. It’s okay. What if we go down together?” Tiffany said as she offered her hand to the elder girl. Yuri nodded and she grasped Tiffany’s hand tightly.

    “This is…awkward. What are you doing, Yuri?” Yuri was hitting her own forehead. She peered down her eyes, seeing her own hand inside Tiffany’s grasp.  That was really unexpected to her.

“Oh? Yuri? Tiffany?”

That was a huge surprise for Madam Kahi when she saw the two girls were holding hand with each other. Then, the woman smiled and she walked closer towards the girls. Yuri’s face has gotten red and Tiffany smiled back to Madam Kahi.

    “Omo…am I dreaming? These two girls are…” Madam Kahi felt a relief in her soul. Something must’ve happened.

    “Are you both…going to-together?”

“Dae, Madam Kahi. Let’s go down and eat breakfast together.” Tiffany said and she pulled the woman’s arm as well. Madam Kahi was still in disbelief but she just followed the young girl’s request. Madam Kahi glanced at Yuri and Yuri gave her a wink at the same time.

     “Arraso, Yuri. Actually, I’m happy for what’s happening right now between you and Tiffany. I don’t have to be worry anymore. “  Madam Kahi thought as she and the two girls headed to the table to eat breakfast together on that morning.

     Yuri slowed her step as she started to reach the table. Tiffany felt her hand was released and she turned around.

    “Wae, unnie?”

“Oh…nothing. Let’s just sit. Appa and your mother is waiting.”

    Tiffany grabbed back Yuri’s hand and Yuri was taken aback.

Mr. Kwon exchanged look with her wife. “What’s happening, yeobo?”

       “I am shocking as well, yeobo.” Han-byul whispered to her husband. But then she giggled. Mr. Kwon stared straight to his daughters. Yuri stared back in stunned silence. She tried to remove her hand from Tiffany but the grasped has gotten tight.

    “Sit down, Yuri, Tiffany. Why are you two just standing there?” Tiffany’s mother said. Madam Kahi pushed both of the girls nearer.

    “Good morning, appa, umma.” Both of the step sisters greet their parents.

“Good morning, my beautiful girls. Yuri-ah, are you ready going back to school today?”

    Yuri nodded dumbly. felt dry. That was exactly why she hated odd situation, particularly when she got up on that morning and she would go back to school again.

    Yuri finally spoke. “Appa, I will go to school today and meet everyone. Do the same thing as usual.” Her father smiled and he patted Yuri on the shoulder.

    “All right, my dear Yuri. Actually, I’m little bit worried to let you go to school today. You’re still weak.”

   “Appa…” Yuri whined. “I’m fine. Don’t worry appa. I will eat my medicine.”

“Appa, Yuri unnie has me. She won’t be there alone. Right, unnie?” Tiffany gave her look to Yuri with her eye-smile. Yuri smiled back.

    “D-dae…” Yuri stuttered. “I don’t want to lie at myself. Am I really comfortable to this new situation? I’m clearly remembering all things including Tiffany and her mother and who they were in my past memory.”

      “NO! I can’t let myself falling into a trap anymore. I mean my anger and my sadness.”

“I just can’t because of this feeling…”

    “Unnie, we better go now.” Tiffany put the napkin down on her lap. Yuri was already stopped eating a while ago.

   “Yuri, be good to your sister. Just be good with one another.” Mr. Kwon stated. Yuri was innocently staring at her father.

[Yuri’s flashback]

“You’re the one who should drive her to school and go together with you. Tiffany, just follow your sister. Okay?”

“It’s good to see you both going to school together.” Her stepmother interrupted.

    “Unnie, let’s go.” Tiffany her arm around Yuri’s arm. The sudden touch brought Yuri back into the reality.

    “Oh…dae..let’s go.” The two step siblings headed out together from the dining room.

……

[Yoona’s POV]

“I just can’t wait to see you, Yul!”

“Here I come. I’ll fetch you.”

“Well, this is surprise for you.”

……

     When the main door was opened, Yuri was again dumbfounded when she saw a blue sport car in front of her eyes. Tiffany was puzzled as well. A tall girl came out from the car and she ran towards the two step siblings. Tiffany released her hand from Yuri.

    “Yul!” Yoona instantly pulled Yuri into her hug. Tiffany’s thought fleetingly popped into her head that Yoona might be keen on her sister, but she had other things to think about. Yuri remained silent.

     “Yoo-Yoona, I’m breathless already.” Yuri said and finally she can breathe well.

“Yoona, it’s wonderful to see you here.” Yuri seemed so surprise. But then she peered at Yoona’s car. Yoona then smiled and she leaned closer to Yuri and whispered.

   “Yah, that’s my new car. How does it look?” Yuri giggled together with Yoona.

“Wow…it’s daebak!” Yuri was amazed.

     “Yul, let’s go now!” Yoona grabbed her arm. “Oh…where?”

“Aigoo…we can’t go anywhere else except to the school.” Yoona broke into laugh. Tiffany was just smiling and quiet.

    “Oh, Tiffany, would you like to join us?” Yoona said. “Oops, so sorry. The seat is only for two people.” Yoona added. She then hit her own forehead.

   “Never mind, Yoona unnie. I can go to the school by myself. Yuri unnie,you can go first with Yoona unnie. See you there.”

    “Yah, Fany-ah, wait…-“Yuri frowned and she grabbed Tiffany’s arm again.

“It’s okay, unnie. Just go with Yoona unnie, okay?”

Tiffany left the two best friends and she headed herself to the garage. Yuri was staring at her step sister all the time at that moment until the younger girl disappeared from her sight.

    “Yah, Yuri-ah, what are you doing? Get into the car now.” Yoona shook her hand.

“I’m sorry, Fany-ah…”  Yuri sat in silence. She kept thinking about her step-sister. She kept thinking back how Tiffany talked to her and the way Tiffany looked at her. She touched her own hand. Tiffany’s touch was so warm and unforgettable. Yoona realized something is not so common in Yuri. But when she thought about it back, it was because Yuri still needed time to adapt herself very well.

……

[Tiffany’s POV]

“I see both of them leaving this place.”

“Unnie, I don’t have to be weary because I believe we’re just parting for a while.”

    “Yul, knock it off. You’ve been staring out from the window. What are you thinking?”

Yuri snorted. “It was nothing, Yoong. It has been a while since I was being hospitalized. That lake reminds me a lot of things.” Yuri answered calmly with her eyes gazing up to the morning sky.  Yoona still remember the time when they were fishing at the lake every weekend since they’re at 10th grade. Yuri would always set herself far away from her fishing rod because she was really scared to the water. 

 

  “It was so funny, Yul when you’re the one who catch a lot of fish. I didn’t get any.” Yoona laughed.

“Well,” Yuri began. “There’s a talent hidden.” Yuri smirked.

……

Generation Elite Girl’s School

       “Yul, please wait.” Yoona hi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter