Goodbye, Yuri...

TWO OF US
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

A week later…

Yuri was peeked her eyes out from the window. It was a rather cold and windy morning. Her eyes were glued to the park where the patients were enjoying their morning walk at the park. Suddenly she had the desire to feel the beautiful morning at the park.

      “Tiffany, would you like to go to the park with me? I’m so suffocating inside here. I need fresh air.” Yuri flashed a sweet smile. Tiffany just nodded and she then walked close to Yuri.

     “Unnie, I can’t bring you out there. You have just recovered from fever.” Tiffany said with a mixture of finality instantly. For a moment Yuri gave out her long and innocent stare to Tiffany. Tiffany started to feel blush when Yuri stared at her straight ahead.

    “Aigoo…unnie, would you please stop staring at me like that? You’re really killing me.”

   “Oh…Tippani…” Yuri pouted. She instantly sat on the bed and hugged the white pillow.

“Mianhae, unnie.” Tiffany said, instantly contrite. “Arraso, we’ll go to the park together.” Tiffany offered her hand to the tanned girl. Yuri started to smile again. Tiffany her arm around Yuri’s arm and led her step sister out from the room. Yuri was so excited because finally she can have her morning walk at the park. Tiffany managed to steal a glance from Yuri. It would be an unforgettable moment as she thought when she saw the smile on Yuri’s face.

……

 

     “Unnie, be careful.” Tiffany reminded her step sister when the older girl walked ahead of her. There was a beautiful lake at the park. Yuri made her way to the lake and she stood there in awe. Tiffany rushed her step and her fear was in effervescence.

    “Unnie, don’t approach the slope. You might fall to the water.” Tiffany grabbed Yuri’s wrist and instantly dragged the girl away. She spun Yuri’s shoulder to face her. Yuri blinked her eyes and weirdly stared at Tiffany.

    “Wae Tiffany? Why you look so scared?” Yuri peered down. Tiffany shook her head and she was panting hard.

[Tiffany’s flashback]

      “It was a shock when I knew the girl that I saved is my own step-sister, Yuri. I laid her down on the tile. Yoona was crying and she looked so scared. I was almost fainted but I was struggled to control myself because I had to save the life of a person that I love very much.”

     “I closed my eyes when I gave her the resuscitation. That time was…”

“When my lips was touching her lips,…”

“I was almost running out of time, but thanked God; I could save and brought her back to life. That was such a wonderful moment to me.”

……

 

Flashback ends.

   “Tiffany?” Yuri poked Tiffany on her shoulder. Tiffany was startled and she didn’t realize that she was thinking too much.

     “Anio! I won’t give up on you, unnie.” Tiffany suddenly burst out and she instantly hugged Yuri.

“What?” Yuri went puzzled. She felt like a jab of knife on her heart. “I think I’ve heard someone said this to me.”

[Yuri’s flashback]

                “When are you going to stop avoiding yourself from me?”

“What the heck is happening to me?”

         “I said, I won’t give up on you. Wasn’t it clear enough?”

“Who’s this girl hugging me? Is she the one who…”

…..

 

Yuri pulled away the hug and she was staring at Tiffany again awkwardly. Tiffany leaned back.

    “I’m sorry unnie.” Tiffany uttered softly. Yuri just nodded her head like she wanted to tell Tiffany that was okay. Yuri chose to stop remember anything back at the moment because she knew that she would end up by suffering the pain.

    “Let’s go sit at the bench.” Tiffany dragged the shocking girl soon as she spotted an empty bench. Her arms tightly cling onto Yuri’s arm. Yuri sat down instinctively.

“How about sitting here?” Tiffany asked her step sister when they finally reached there. Yuri suddenly became much more interesting. They were finally picked a suitable place to sit.

     Tiffany moved her body a bit closer to Yuri’s body but the older girl didn’t know what Tiffany had done. She cleared before she was about to speak again.

     “Unnie, how I wish we could stay forever like this. I just can’t let go of your arms because I feel so safe and comfortable.”

    “Oh, Tippani! Look at that!” Yuri instantly pointing her finger to the direction she meant. There was a stall that selling ice-cream. Tiffany flashed a smile.

    “Unnie, do you want to eat ice-cream?”

“Ne, I want to go there and buy the ice-cream for us.” Yuri was almost got up but Tiffany had stopped her.

    “Anio, unnie. Let me buy the ice-cream and you just sit here. Just wait for me here and don’t go anywhere, okay?” Tiffany held both of her shoulder and Yuri just nodded. There was a long queue when Tiffany had reached the stall. Tiffany kept her eyes peeled to Yuri because she didn’t want to lose Yuri from her sight. That would be very painful to her.

      After a minute she’d been in the long queue, she looked at Yuri back where the older girl still sat on the place. Tiffany let out a relief sigh.

    “Hm…” Yuri was strike by boredom. “What’s taking her so long?”

Suddenly, Yuri saw a huge creature flew approached her.

      “Wow! I’ve never seen a big butterfly like this!” Yuri sat frozen when the huge butterfly was alighted on her lap. She slowly lifted her hand and she was about to catch the butterfly.

     “It’s so beautiful!” Yuri muttered. She tried to catch it but unfortunately it flew away from her lap.

“Kyahh…you little wing, please don’t go away!” Yuri stood up and she ran to catch the butterfly.

     “Aaiishh,it flies so fast!” The colourful butterfly brought her feet somewhere around the park and Yuri didn’t realize that she was already far away from the place where she and Tiffany sat.

     “Aarghh!” Yuri stumbled down into the ground because she was stepped down on a small stone. She groaned in pain and her gown was smeared by the sand and soil. And then she cleaned the gown by herself but she was having hard time cleaning it because she had her right arm broken and it was still covered by the bandage.

     Suddenly she saw someone was standing right in front of her and Yuri lifted her head up. The girl gazed down and smiled to Yuri. The blonde bent down her body and helped the confuse girl to stood back on the ground. Yuri seemed so speechless when a beautiful blonde girl kept smiling at her.

    “Yu-Yuri-ah…” Jessica held both of Yuri’s shoulders. Yuri remained silent.

“Y-you…” Yuri stared at her weirdly. And it made Jessica wondering.

      “Yuri-ah…please don’t angry with me. I come here to-“

“Do I know you?” Yuri cut her off. Jessica gaped. “Yu-Yuri-ah…”

      “Miss, who are you?”

“Yul, please don’t do this to me.” Jessica grabbed her wrist and her heart was cracked. She thought that was Yuri’s intention to avoiding her.

      “Miss, I’m sorry I don’t remember you.” Yuri said as she thought that person recognized her but in back she didn’t remember them.

“Wh-what?” Jessica broke into tears.

......

 

     “Huh. Finally, I can get this ice-cream. Unnie must be waiting so long for this. I’m coming unnie.”

When Tiffany turned her head back, she finally realized that Yuri had gone.

    “Where’s unnie?”She was panicked. She was pacing around the place to search Yuri. But to her dismay, Yuri wasn’t there anymore. She’d gone somewhere else. Tiffany had to run but she still had the ice-cream on her hand.

    “Unnie-ah, where are you? Aigoo!” Tiffany was sweating. It was because she was scared.

“Unnie, please…” Tiffany bit her lower lip and she hoped Yuri would not go far away from the park.

    Tiffany stopped when she saw someone’s back like Yuri. She was panting hard.

“Oh? Is that unnie?” But there was someone with Yuri, a blonde girl that hugged Yuri. Tiffany swallowed. She peered closer to make sure if it was really Yuri. To her instinct, it was Yuri and the girl who hugged her was Jessica Jung.

     “Unnie?” Tiffany’s voice made Jessica startled and pulled away the hug. Jessica stared straight to Tiffany.

  “Oh? Tiffany-ah.” Yuri immediately ran to Tiffany and her left arm around Tiffany’s arms.

“I’m sorry for leaving you just now.” Yuri flashed a smile. Jessica’s eyes were glued to their arms.

     “So, you’re her step-sister?” Jessica finally spoke. Tiffany just nodded and she was bitterly smiled at Jessica. Jessica gave out her weak smile and nodded.

     “I come here because I want to meet Yuri for the last time before I’ll fly to United States tomorrow.” Jessica spoke again. “But she said just she doesn’t know me.Tiffany, can you tell me what has happened to her?”

   Tiffany glanced at Yuri who was eating the ice-cream. “Unnie, just stand and wait here. I want to talk to Jessica.”

    Yuri stopped her ice-cream. “Jessica?”

Yuri was standing an inch away from them. “Jessica, actually, Yuri unnie is having amnesia due to accident. She still can’t remember anything yet even me.”

    Jessica covered as it was like a bombshell to her. She broke into tears and she was taking it very hard.

    “Omo…Yul…”Jessica was remained speechless. It had turned her world really down to the ground.

“I-I’m sorry, Jessica unnie because we didn’t tell you anything.” Tiffany stuttered.

   “Oh? Why’s the blonde girl crying?” Yuri peered to their conversation.

“Tiffany, please allow me to talk with Yuri. I have something very important to tell her.” Jessica grabbed Tiffany’s left hand.

   “Mm…okay, Jessica unnie.” Tiffany walked approached Yuri.

“Unnie, Jessica wants to talk with

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter