The Heartbreaker & The Brokenhearted

TWO OF US
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Yoona sat beside the bed and she stared at Yuri with her weak and swollen eyes. She held her best friend’s hand and squeezed it in hers.

“Yuri-ah,please wake up.” She kissed Yuri’s hand and caressed the girl’s hairs.

“How am I going to tell your father?”

Yoona was totally wearing out.

“Hah…I feel so sleepy.” Yoona yawned and slowly laid her head down on the bed.

Several minutes later…

“Ti-Tiffany…!”

“Tiffany!”

Yuri was mumbling. Yoona woke up when she heard Yuri’s voice.

“Yuri-ah…” Yoona turned panic.

“Tiffany…”

“Tiffany? Yuri-ah, wake up.”

Yuri slowly opened her eyes. Her vision was blurring and she had a light headache. She tried to get up but Yoona stopped her.

“Yuri-ah, just lay down. You’re still sick.

Yuri looked around the place and she looked back to Yoona with a confuse look on her face.

   “Where am I?” Yuri asked. She held her head and her face was pale.

“We’re in the school’s emergency room. Later my mother will come to fetch us. You have to go home because you have fever.”

“What was really happened?”

Yoona went silent. Yuri stared at her for a while before she tried to remove the intravenous drip from her hand.

“Don’t touch that I.V drip. I’m gonna remove it for you.”

“You’re almost drowning.”

Yuri just nodded and she laid her back on the pillow. Yoona gasped.

     “Then, who saved me?”

Yoona was taken aback and she startled. She looked away to avoid herself being stared by Yuri’s sharp eyes. She knew Yuri would ask her about that.

"Just promise me, okay? Don't ever tell her! She hates me very much. I don't want Yuri to know that I'm the one who saved her life."

She flashed back Tiffany’s words. Yoona felt so guilty but she could not break the promises that she had made.

   “Yoona…” Yuri whined and she grabbed Yoona’s hand.

“Er…the school paramedic.” Yoona replied with her stammered voice. Yuri raised her forehead.

   “Really?” Yuri was still not satisfied with the answer.

“Ne. The school paramedic. Yuri-ah, you should take a rest now.”

Yoona tried to distract her with other topics.

“I don’t know if students who join the paramedic club wearing their school uniform when they’re on duty.”

Yuri glared to her best friend. Yoona snorted.

    “Yuri-ah, one of them saved you before the time they should be in duty started.” Yoona explained. She gave out a nervous sigh. It seemed like Yuri can recalled back a bit the moment that has happened to her.

“Mianhae, Yuri. I didn’t mean to lie to you.” Yoona muttered in her heart.

……………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………….

At the Kwon’s Resident.

     “What was happening to you, Yuri?” the house butler became so panicked once she saw her employee’s daughter went out from a car. Yuri gave out her weak smile. Madam Kahi rushed her steps to get her.

   “Annyeong, Madam Kahi.” Yoona stuttered.

“What was happening, Yoona?”

   “Er..sh-she..-“

“Never mind, let’s go inside.” Madam Kahi cut off.

……………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………….

     “Madam Kahi, Yuri fell into the swimming pool.” Yoona muttered slowly.

“And then?”

     “Yuri was almost drowning but fortunately there was someone who managed to save her.”

Madam Kahi gasped. She caressed her chest over and over again. The old woman mumbled. Yoona’s mother was just shaking her head in disbelief.

    “Why did you go to the swimming pool? Both you and Yoona don’t even know how to swim.” Yoona’s mother added and she glared to her own daughter.

  “I don’t know what your father would say if he comes home later. Anyway, thank you, Mrs. Im for sending Yuri. Mm..would both of you like to have a drink first?”

“Oh, it’s okay, Madam Kahi. Thank you, anyway. I still have a lot of works to do at the office.”

Madam Kahi smiled, thanked them and bowed. Yoona and her mother then left Yuri’s house. The regretful feelings were still remained within Yoona’s heart. For Yuri, she had been wondering a lot because of an uncertainty that has happened.

……………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………

     “Don’t forget to eat your medicine, Yuri or else if I’ll catch you trying to throw it away, you know what I’m going to do.” There was a warning for Yuri. Yuri smiled and she covered herself with the blanket until the top of her head. She had been felt so weak because of the fever.

   “Do you hear what I’m saying, little baby?” Madam Kahi was asking again. She caressed Yuri’s back gently. Yuri sneaked out her head from the blanket and gave her wink to Madam Kahi.

   “Arraso, ‘umma’. I’m not a little baby anymore.” Yuri answered in her giggling when Madam Kahi rubbed her on her forehead.

   “Okay, take a well rest then.” The middle-aged woman pecked a kiss on Yuri’s forehead.

“Aigoo…I feel so dizzy.” Yuri coughed several times. And then, she took her medicine before she laid back on the bed.

……………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………….

[Tiffany’s POV]

My heart is just like pouring rain.

At least you’d stay for a while, Yuri. I can’t predict your heart. And it’s hard to say I miss you.

Maybe I miss you now.

Who ate your heart? You’re cold inside. Maybe now I’m not the one you hope for.

And I’m gonna miss you again.

…………………………………………………………………

At the school,

   “Seohyun-ah, have you seen Taeyeon around?” Sunny asked as she leaned towards Seohyun who was in the middle of reading her favourite fashion magazine.

   “Hm…I met her at the class just now before the lunch break. I thought she was with you.”

Sunny crossed her arms and glanced around the place. She thought she might catch Taeyeon lingering around.

“Alright. I’m going to look for her. She hasn’t eat her lunch pack yet.”

Sunny left the class while Seohyun was about to go to the ballet dance studio with the other ballerinas.

Sunny took out her phone and called Taeyeon.

      “Um…Taeyeon, pick up my call!” Sunny grumbled in worrisome.

Then, she decided to head up to the school garden where all the students would be there to laze around. She walked along the garden but she still can’t spot the dorky girl.

Sunny was just three meters away when she saw Taeyeon was sitting alone at the bench. The girl was spacing out until she had not realized Sunny was already there.

  “Taeyeon?” Sunny was cautioned.

“Are you okay?”

Taeyeon sat cross-legged on the bench. It was so usual to Taeyeon when she was alone on the bench.

        “I…I don’t know. I am just still in shock.”

   “What?”

       “I don’t know how to tell you.”

Sunny can tell, however, that she was going to have a sit on the bench next to Taeyeon.

“Is it about Tiffany again?”

Taeyeon changed her sitting position and she looked at Sunny with a bitter look.

   “They…”

“They what?”

   “Tiffany and Yuri…they are step-sisters.”

Sunny stared at Taeyeon in shock. The expression on Sunny’s face was startled and helpless, which was pretty much her usual demeanor around Taeyeon.

   “T-Taeyeon-ah! Did I hear the right thing just now or you had just told the wrong thing?”

Taeyeon nodded her head and bitterly staring back at Sunny who was already stumbled into her shock feelings.

“It’s true, Sunny-ah. But I still can’t believe this. I just can’t.”

    “Aigoo…I can’t believe this too!”

“But, Taeyeon, I know you have another reason to be so upset like this.”

   “It’s because I never expected that. I’m totally wearing out, Sunny-ah.” Taeyeon laid her head on Sunny’s shoulder. Sunny rubbed her arms gently.

 “Take it easy. Calm down, Taeyeon. I know how you feel. But never think that it would be harder.”

“I don’t want to think it will be harder though.” Taeyeon replied her in a solemn voice.

    “And I don’t know how to tell her that I like her.” Taeyeon continued.

“Never stop trying, Tae. I know you’re worrying about something. But it doesn’t mean you have to give up.”

………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………..

[Tiffany’s POV]

Generation Elite Girl’s School

6:45 p.m

“I’m still waiting for the driver to fetch me. I’m all alone today.”

“Usually, I’m going home with Yuri unnie and I’m already get used to that.”

“How is she right now? I hope she’s doing just fine. Unnie…I’m so worry about you.”

"Why everything would be different without her?"

…………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………

“Tiffany! Tiffany-sshi!”

The voice broke the silent of Tiffany’s heart. It was Hyoyeon and Sooyoung. The two girls ran approached her.

  “Tiffany, is that true your sister was almost drowning in the pool?” Hyoyeon was gasping hard for air.

“N-ne…it’s true.”

    “How’s your sister? Is she okay?” Sooyoung asked anxiously. Tiffany just nodded.

“Oh, Hyoyeon? Sooyoung? Why are both of you still here?”

Jessica Jung suddenly appeared.

    “Jessica? I thought you already gone home.”

“Ne, I was about to.” Jessica answered and she gave a quick glance to Tiffany. Tiffany stretched her lips and smiled to Jessica. Jessica then came closer.

   “Hi, Tiffany Hwang. Nice to meet you here. I never once speak to you since you’ve transferred here.”

Jessica gave out her icy glared and Tiffany was conquered by that.

   “Mm…this innocent face looks so ‘delicious’ when I look closer. But she’s not my type. She’s too good to be mine. I love ‘bad girl’.”

“Hi, Jessica. It’s nice to meet you here too, anyway.”

   “I’m not too far away from her now. Jessica Jung is really a gorgeous girl! No wonder unnie was falling hard for her!” 

Tiffany muttered silently in her heart and she was amazed by Jessica's beauty. 

   "Okay, I have to go now. See you guys tomorrow. Bye!"

The blonde was about to get into her car. 

    "Okay,see you tomorrow too." Sooyoung said. Jessica glanced back at Tiffany again. She winked at the innocent girl and Tiffany was completely in shock. She looked away and flushed with embarrasment. That was crazy. Tiffany could tell Jessica is the biggest player and she was thinking about her sister. She didn't like it when Yuri had feelings for Jessica  a long time ago. 

......................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

      "Tiffany, who's going to fetch you? Yuri isn't here. What if we send you home? It's already late."

Sooyoung said as she glanced to Hyoyeon who was already patting on her stomach. She was starving. Sooyoung glanced back at her sarcastically. 

    "Er...it's okay. The driver will come soon. Oh, there he is."

Tiffany slung her school bag on her right shoulder and she bowed to the elder girls before she entered the car.

    "Aigoo...pity Yuri. Sooyoung, what if we go visit Yuri later?"

Hyoyeon asked. Her eyes looked so weak and tired. Sooyoung nodded and she pulled Hyoyeon's shoulder. 

    "Okay! That's what we should do."

........................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

Kwon's family resident...

[Tiffany's POV]

As I stepped into the house, I saw Madam Kahi was waiting for me. But I didn't see my mother and my step-father around. However, Yuri unnie is the first person I think on my mind. I ask myself why am I thinking about you so much. Where do I go? When I'm feeling so lost and I don't want to be found. When I'm looking and listening for that peace in my heart, but I know I'll never hear that sound.

Does it take very long?....

For me to find that peace

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter