A Sad Fate

TWO OF US
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Still a summer day in August 2008...

Seoul, South Korea 09:45 a.m

 

" There are times
when I feel your presence
at my side

There are times
when I hear you say
it will be alright

There are times
when I see
your face in a crowd
and I turn around

There are times
when I miss you
and my heart begins to ache
and I smile through the pain

But then there are times
when I realize
this is just the way
it has to be
there’s no you and me

There are times when
I feel strong
and I know that I
can finally move on

There are times when
my mind is at ease
and I can enjoy life
and all it can bring

There are times when
I miss you
and times when I’m okay
it’s getting better everyday

No matter how much time
there is in this life
I’ll think of you
from time to time
and remember you with a smile."

******

 

   “Kyahh..finally, I’m done writing this.” Taeyeon seemed so happy. She smiled all over the white papers in front of her.  Then, she stared back at the last paper on her left hand. She wrote it since many months ago.

“When did I start to write this?”

Taeyeon gave her look to Tiffany who smiled cheerfully with Seohyun. Taeyeon released a sigh.

“This poem…I started to write this when I was…”

[Taeyeon’s flashback]

  "I'm so sorry miss. I didn't see you as I was busy finding the academic office." The girl who has the beautiful eye-smile was asking apology from me because she encroached me accidentally but I was cursing her with dirty words not until I looked at her. The box fell into the ground and the white papers inside the box were scattered everywhere. I was angry a lot on that time.

When she smiled to me, I felt like I was floating in the air along with a kind of uncertain feeling. I was happy and I think I started to like her. It's funny when I think about it back. I was just only finished writing the third when I met her for the first time. 

 

      “Yah, Taengoo!” Taeyeon jerked away from her daydream and she instantly putting the white paper into her notebook.

“Lee Sunkyu!” Taeyeon snarled. Sunny laughed at Taeyeon who was really shock.

           “Aigoo…this kid. Yah, please don’t do that again, aro??” Taeyeon pulled an angry face but her best friend still laughing.

“Oh? Kim Taeyeon, I catch you’re writing a poem again. Am I right?”

    Sunny pulled the white paper from Taeyeon’s notebook and she started to go through it. Taeyeon looked away with her embarrasement.

“Yah, put it down, Sunny-ah. I don’t want that paper on other people’s hand.” 

    “Don’t worry. I’m not going to do that.” Sunny sat down again beside Taeyeon. 

    “Woooo…you’re so sentimental, Taengoo-ah.”

    “You’re embarrassing me. Snap out of it, Sunny.”

   “Well, look at this poem and it is written by you. You’re totally in love, buddy. Don’t deny it anymore.”

Taeyeon suddenly burst out a laugh.

    “That poem would always remind me about the day when I found my happiness. I just can’t forget every single thing that had happened. It’s so meaningful to me.”

Sunny just nodded but then she began to giggle again.

     "Just don’t stop fighting, Taeyeon. There’s always gonna be another mountain and don’t you wanna try to make it move?” Sunny patted her shoulder and she gave an encouragement look to her best friend. <

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter