"I'm Sorry..."

TWO OF US
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

The next day…

Yuri made her way to the hall of the mansion followed by her father and step mother. Madam Kahi was there and she was excited when Yuri finally came home.

   “Omo…my princess Yul! Finally, you’re home.” Madam Kahi pulled Yuri into her embrace. She caressed the young girl’s back, messed with her long black hairs and pecked every angle of her face. Yuri was dumbfounded but she missed her guardian as well.

    “Welcome home,Yuri-ah…” All the maids were wishing the young Kwon and they cheered her for the comeback. Yuri felt so pleased.

   “It has been a while, Madam Kahi. But this house was never change a bit. I’ve been missing this home and I’ve been missing…” Yuri stopped her words when she brought her gaze upstairs.

[Yuri’s Flashback]

As she opened the door, Tiffany was so surprised. It was Yuri with her back facing to Tiffany.  She wore a black plain shirt and a long tight pant.

“Oh..unnie…” Tiffany was stuttering. Yuri slowly turned around and facing her. The innocent girl was frozen once their eyes met.

“Oh my God, is this real? Yuri unnie is coming to my room?” Tiffany muttered in her heart.

“Why? You don’t like it if I come over?”

 

“Oh..anio. Let’s come in.” Tiffany invited Yuri to go inside her room. She was still in disbelief. Tiffany had no idea what she could do next as Yuri returned her stares to her. And Tiffany completely has gone shivering.  

……

    “Why, Yuri? What are you staring at?” her father asked. Yuri just smiled and she shook her head.

“Where’s Tiffany?” Yuri asked herself mentally. Madam Kahi flashed out a bright smile. Yuri seemed so comfortable when she got home. She felt awkward as well.

    “Appa, um…er… Mrs Park, I’ll take my leave now. I want to take a rest.” Yuri said in a deep voice. She felt weird once again when she faced her step-mother.

    “All right. You should take a well rest, my dear. See you later.” Her father kissed her on her forehead. Yuri snuggled into her father’s arm. Her father her hairs gently.

……

Generation Elite Girl’s School

[Tiffany’s POV]

“Unnie got home already…”

That was another morning she was going to school alone without her step-sister.

“Unnie-ah, I’ve been so lonely without you by my side. We don’t speak but it’s enough for me to feel your presence just by my sight. I want you in my sight. I want to see your smile.”

She hoped it would be the last morning she went to school alone. Then, she saw a familiar figure standing outside the school gate. The girl smiled at Tiffany and she waved her hand so Tiffany would be able to see her. Tiffany ran like a little child when she saw Taeyeon was there.

   “Taeyeon-ah, why are you still here?”

“I saw you from there, so I’m just standing here waiting for you.”

“Oh…come on let’s go. We’ll be late.” Taeyeon grabbed Tiffany’s arm.

“Fany-ah, no need to rush. It’s still early.” Taeyeon pointed her finger at her watch. Tiffany was dumbfounded and then she gave out her smile.

“8:05 o’clock.” Taeyeon added.

“Aigoo…I thought I was late.” The eye-smile girl released her sigh. Then she laughed together with Taeyeon.

     “Did you wake up early this morning?” Taeyeon sip her hot chocolate. Both of them were eating their breakfast together at the school’s cafeteria.

     “Hm…I think so because I can’t sleep last night. Now, I feel a bit dizzy.” Tiffany curved her lip and she thumped her stomach. She just stared at the last piece of her sandwich on the plate. Taeyeon chuckled and she shook her head. She messed Tiffany’s hair.

   “Aigoo…Fany-ah, you must sleep well after this. Look at your eyes. Those eyes of yours are seemed so weak.” Taeyeon stared deeply into her eyes. Tiffany chuckled.

    “Oh…re-really?” Tiffany lifted her face up and she smiled back to the dorky Taeyeon. Taeyeon’s heart was racing when Tiffany smiled to her.

  “Er…Fany-ah, actually I…” Taeyeon said as she fixed her bang.

“I have something to tell you.” The dorky girl smiled revealing her angelic face. Taeyeon clenched her fist. She was really burning up with embarrassment. Tiffany wiped her lips with her handkerchief but then she gave her look back to Taeyeon.

   “What is it Tae?”

“Er…would you like to go out with…” Taeyeon was trying to catch up her breath.

“…with me tonight?” Taeyeon felt her stomach drooling inside but it was not because she was hungry. Tiffany smiled and she nodded head. Taeyeon’s heart was pumping hard as she waited for Tiffany’s answer.

“Just say yes, Fany-ah. It’s only for this time if I can’t make it another time.” Taeyeon muttered in her heart.

  “Tonight? Mm…okay, Taeyeon.” Tiffany finally gave her answer. Taeyeon’s smile was blossoming. Her heart was screaming.

    “Jinja?! Okay, I’ll pick you up around 7 o’clock like that. Is it okay?”

“All right, Tae.”

[Taeyeon’s POV]

    “Thanked God because finally I can ask Tiffany to go out with me tonight. I want to cheer her up and I’ll make her the happiest girl on the planet!”

   “It’s still not too late for me to take her heart. I will try no matter what. Tiffany, I’ll make you mine.”

……

“These are supposed to be the best days of our lives.” Yoona said mournfully.

    “Oh, Yoona.” Sooyoung stretched her lips into a smile.

“Where did you get these overly sentimental ideas? If you took a survey, you’d find half the adult population hated their high school years and would never want to go back.”

    “But I don’t want to be one of them.”

“No danger of that. You’ve got too much ‘joie de vivre’. And you seem to be a great forgiver of human nature.”

   “I guess I figured out a while ago that most people can’t help what they do,” Yoona said, encouraged by her interest.

    “And what they do doesn’t usually have anything to do with you. I mean, people kind of instinctually do what’s best for them at the time and think about the consequences later, right?”

  Sooyoung laughed, but that, Yoona realized with a pang, was a nearly perfect description of her own behaviour.

    “Yoong, are you scared of something?”

“Scared? Scared of what?”

    Sooyoung was sliding her arms around Yoona’s shoulder s and pulled her closer. And the minute she saw Sooyoung’s steady, happy face, she found herself telling her all about her problems.

    “I’m…yes, I’m scared. I’m scared of losing.” Yoona gave her weak look to one of her best friends. Sooyoung patted her shoulder.

    “If you scared of losing, you must be brave to face it. What you’d lose is what you had. The most important thing you can do is, don’t be selfish.”

     “Yoona looked at Sooyoung’s face and she finally smile.

……

Yuri stood in front of a big mirror inside her changing room. She stared at her own looks.

    “I know I was selfish...”

There was an expression of fury on her face. Yuri tried to hold on her tears.

    “Anio. I’ll be fine.” Yuri said as she wiped her tears with her shirt. Then, the young Kwon made her way out from the changing room. She looked around and she felt so lonely. She took a photo frame of her and Yoona. Inside the picture, she looked so happy.

    Then, she took out a photo album. She opened it slowly. Yuri stared at her baby photos. And there was a photo she was with her father. Yuri smiled and she was glad that she had a beautiful life with her family. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

When she flipped onto the last page, she encountered a beautiful photo of her parents. She was quite in shock because there was a thing she didn’t know. 

 

 

 

“Umma, appa…”

“Did both of you loving each other?”

……

Autumn in Seoul

6:45 pm

    Yuri stormed out from her room. She made her way downstairs. There was no one at the longue room so she decided to get in.

   “Where’s Tiffany? I have not hearing her voice and see her all this day.”

Yuri left the room and she walked into the hall. She made her way out to the garden.

    “This place…is still the same. I don’t want it to change either because I can feel umma is here.”

Then she sat at the bench and enjoying her time alone at the garden. Yuri was humming her favourite song and she leaned her back slowly onto the bench. The air was so fresh and she was quite comfortable.

    It’s finally spring season. Yuri was cherished when she saw all the flowers inside the garden were  blossoming. Then, she got up to pick some flowers and she sniffed the scent. But then she was distracted by a sound came from a car which slowly drove in by somebody. Yuri walked closer to a tree and she stalked behind it.

     She saw a familiar figure got out from the car. It was Kim Taeyeon.

“What is she doing here at my house?” Yuri was bewildered. Then, she saw Tiffany walked towards Taeyeon’s car. The shorter girl opened the car’s door for Tiffany. She had never seen Tiffany was so happy like that. They talked for a while before Taeyeon drove out from the Kwon’s resident.

    Another heart was cracked. Yuri clenched her fist and she was broken.

“Tiffany…” she muttered the name while watching the two girls leaving the place. Yuri ran out from the garden and she was chasing Taeyeon’s car.

     “Tiffany!” Yuri screamed out Tiffany’s name. And she ran again to chase the car but to her dismay, she was still weak. Yuri fell to the ground with he

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter