Runaway

TWO OF US
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

“This isn’t much better though.”

Yoona was standing in the middle of the field, trying to think and pretend she didn’t want to be anywhere but there. The music was passable but that was about all it had to recommend it. That was another day which was like hell to Yoona.

   Again, the cheerleader team’s captain shouted to the rest of the girls in the middle of the field. Yoona was brought back into the reality. Normally she wouldn’t have been caught dead at the field during the practice. Yoona brought her gaze back to the girls. There were the junior students showing the dancing skill to the senior student.

   Her eyes were glued to the corner of the line where a young and skinny girl was standing at the last row of the line. The junior girl finally caught her up. Yoona was bewildered when the junior girl responded to her stares. But then the young girl gave her a smile. Yoona jerked away and she smiled to the young girl as well.

   “This is such a bad idea.” She murmured. But she was once again glanced at the girl. “Hm…I wish you were here Yul.”

   Someone burped loudly. “Aaiissh…” Yoona was startled. But Hyomin smiled softly, abandoning her plastic cup on the wooden bench.

 

 

                     PARK HYOMIN

 

    “It was a nice thought.” Said Hyomin; the mind-reader.

“Huh…it was stupid.” Yoona admitted. She just looked so sad lately. Hyomin had hoped a complete change of pace might distract her from all that worrying.

   “You’re scary Hyomin-ah.” Yoona dragged her knapsack to her lap to allow Hyomin sat beside her. Hyomin was half-grinned.

   “You’re scarier than me, Yoona-ah. You like her?” Hyomin teased the doe-eyed girl. Yoona gave a long stare and then she kicked hard at Hyomin’s shoes.

   “Ouch…okay, take it easy my friend. Well, her name is Ham Eun-jung. She’s a freshman and what’s more important is that she’s cute.” Hyomin smirked.

 

                          HAM EUNJUNG

 

  “Knock it off, Hyomin-ah. I don’t even know her.” Yoona hit the girl on her shoulder.

“But you wanted to know her.” Hyomin then laughed, giving Yoona a goose bump. She shook her head. 

   “You’re getting angry.” Hyomin said again softly. “Hyomin-ah!” Yoona whined. Yoona palmed her face. She was totally feeling annoyed. “Yah!” she shouted back. Hyomin noticed that the doe-eyed girl started to show off her dorkyness.

   “When you’re angry, your heart beats faster. It’s like the cherry on a hot fudge sundae. Hey, listen. She looks interested on you as well.”

  “Yah, Hyomin-ah! Stop it. I said I don’t even know her and I’m not interested.” Yoona’s face went red. She smacked Hyomin on the girl’s forehead.

   “Haha! I know what you’re thinking just now!” Hyomin jumped off from the wooden bench when Yoona wanted to hit her.

   “Yah! You lucky girl, you’d better shut your mouth up!” They were running around the wooden bench. The scene caught someone’s attention.

   “Aigoo…she’s so cute!” Ham Eun-jung gave a quick glance to Yoona. She was unable to concentrate during the practice. It was because the presence of Im Yoona at the field. Eun-jung watched the two senior girls who were hitting and smacking each other and she was enjoyed herself on that.

……

     “Omo! Hyomin-ah, stop it!” Yoona said as she was gasping hard for air. Hyomin was panting as well but she was still laughing.

    “Dae…I’m short of breath as well.” Both of them sat back on the wooden bench. “Yah, was that kind of warming up just now?” Yoona started a joke. Hyomin chuckled and she spat on the green grass.

     “Sort of.” Hyomin said back as she wiped the sweat on her forehead.

“Aigoo…this is crazy.” Yoona curved up and glared at Hyomin sarcastically.

“Haha. Sounds you’re so tired of this life, Yoong.”

“What? Why did you say that?” Yoona asked, disgusted. “Just because…” Hyomin shrugged her shoulder.

   “Oh, anyway, how’s Yuri? Is she still at the hospital?” Hyomin changed the topic. The unnatural glint of eyes had faded, and there was nothing but a long silence between the two girls.

    “She’s fine but-“ Yoona paused. “Mianhae, Yoona. You don’t have to say that. I know.” Hyomin cut her off. Yoona breathed, relieved.

   “Damn right I am.”  Hyomin murmured in her heart.

“Look, I’m sorry Hyomin-ah, but I can’t talk much longer now, I’ve got to get going.” Yoona stood up and dashed out from the field, leaving Hyomin sat alone at the wooden bench. “Yah! Yoona-ah…”

    Yoona didn’t look back but she raised her right hand waving at Hyomin behind her. Hyomin sighed. “Geez…there you again, president Im.”

……

 

 

 

Five minutes later, as Yoona was making her way down the corridor to the car park, she heard a voice calling out behind her. “Yoona!”

   She turned. It was Sooyoung. “Hey, Yoong, where are you off to?” she called, hurrying after Yoona.

“Miss Sandara wants to see you in the office.”

“What?

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter