A Not So Amazing Summer

✈✿ Country Girls Meet City Boys ✿✈

A Not So Amazing Summer


"This is going to be the worst summer ever" Rebecca muttered under her breath.

Oonishi Rebecca hated all of her summers. She hated most things in general, but summer was at the top of her list. The reason she hated summer so bad was because her parents forced her to go to Elizabeth's grandmother's farm. It was the most boring thing she could ever imagine. The worst thing was that she actually had to help around the farm! 

The girls were at the mall doing their summer shopping. They had to basically buy all of the clothes they needed but didn't have. This only made Rebecca's summer worse since she absolutely hated shopping. 

"We just got out of school. Don't we get a break?!" Rebecca shouted at her friends, mom, and her friends' moms.

Rebecca, better known as Rhea among her friends, was not the nicest person you could meet. She wasn't even close to being nice. Sure, she had an amazing heart and cared about her family and friends but she had a hard time showing it. She loved making people feel horrible. But something that she loved more than making people's lives miserable was drawing. She loved making up characters or drawing random drawings with meaningful stories behind them. Whoever said her drawings were bad, would have a very bad time. She was also an aspiring writer. She would write small stories in her spare time.

"Aw, stop being such a grumpy pants" Aurora giggled and pinched her cheeks.

Rhea slapped her hand away. 

"No. Touching." Rhea said stubbornly.

Auora pouted and rubbed her hand softly.

Park Auora was the maknae among her friends. Aurora is a funny and cheerful girl, not afraid to show everyone who she really is. As the maknae, she always hangs around Rhea, and they have a very strong donsaeng-unnie relationship. They influence each othe, like wearing headphones and blasting on their music. She is clumsy and has a bit of ADHD, but this doesn't influence her happy attitude. At first she was kinda scared of going to Elizabeth's farm, since, you know.. germs. But it slowly became easier throughout the years. She's not on good terms with working since she's so lazy but she enjoyed working at the farm nevertheless.

"Why would you hit the maknae?" Elizabeth asked with her hands on her hips.

"She annoyed me!" Rhea whined

"Rhea! You're the oldest of us. Start acting like it" Elizabeth said

Okinawa Elizabeth, also known as Li, was the second to youngest of the group but she sure didn't act like she was. Her friends would often by calling her "Umma" most of the time. She was the group's brains and she was incredibly responsible. After her friends and family, school was her main priority. She was often bullied and teased at school for being a "nerd" which she really wasn't. Outside of school, she was so much fun if you scratched the times she's in her afternoon classes. But now that there was no school and no afternoon activities and no responsibilities, she was finally free. She loved working at the farm just like Aurora. And she was enjoying herself very much since she loved shopping with her friends.

"The three of you. Control yourselves!" Jazmin nagged

"But I--" Aurora started

"Even you maknae" Jazmin said

Aurora crossed her arms and pouted.

Lee Jazmin was the down-to-earth kind of girl. She would tell you things straightfowardly without really caring if you liked her opinion or not. This straightforwardness was why most of her classmates hated her. But she hated them back anyway. It was an actual miracle that she made friends with Rhea, Aurora, Elizabeth, Samantha, and Isabella. Jazmin was the only one with chinese roots of the group. Her grandfather had moved to Korea to have a better life but her Chinese ways of living were still running through her family. Aside from that, music was her true passion. She loved singing and composing songs on her guitar. 

"Guys what do you think of this dress?" Samantha asked and raised a short, strapless orange dress.

"I'm thinking you already have one of those" Jazmin narrowed her eyes at her

"And that colour would make you look horribly fat" Rhea narrowed her eyes at her

"Jazmin, no, I don't have one of these. It's green, and that's very different from orange. And, Rhea? I still and will always believe you have a horrible fashion sense" Samantha tossed her hair back and gave her friends a smile.

Jun Samantha was the diva/fashionista of the group. Her father was the vice president of a mobile network in Korea so she was the richest among her friends. This didn't mean she was spoiled, really. She didn't brag about what she had or how much her dad earned. One thing she did love bragging about was her fashion sense. Samantha had always loved all sorts of different clothes every since she was young. By the age of seven, she had already started designing her own clothes. By the age of twelve, she sewed her first dress. There was no thing in this planet that she loved more than clothes. Sure, she had other hobbies like acting, singing, or photography but clothing was truly her passion. There was no denying that.

"Can we go home yet?" Isabella whined to her mother.

"No" her mother said instantly

"But maaa--"

"No, Isabella!" her mother said in a stricter tone

"Can't we at least buy videogames?" Isabella asked

"Did I hear videogames?" Aurora ran up to them

"You sure did!" Isabella exclaimed "So, can we? It'll be just two minutes!"

"Isabella, I said no already! If you ask me one more time, I'll confiscate your PSP!" her mother said

Isabella gasped dramatically and faked to faint on top of Aurora.

Jeung Isabella, more likely known as Bella, was the shy girl from the group. She was quiet, but more like an introvert. She loved spending time alone in her room with her videogames. It was sometimes a pain to get her to go to the movies with her friends. It's not that she didn't enjoy her friends' company, she just didn't like meeting new people. That's why she loved going to the farm because it would slowly push her out of her shell. She could also go outside and expect to discover new things. She loved adventures and it was fun exploring them in real life than behind a controller. She was a lion-hearted girl but she was too shy to show it.

"Quit the drama. We're almost done" Elizabeth rolled her eyes

"Pabo-yah~!" Rhea bonked both of their heads "I hate shopping as well, but you might as well pretend you like it or else our moms will have a mental breakdown" she rolled her eyes and placed her hands on her hips.

"But I don't wanna continue shopping" Aurora whined "I wanna go to the arcade, Unnie~!" 

"Be quiet now or I swear I will smack you, Aurora" Rhea raised her hand

Aurora hid her face behind her hands and winced.

"Rhea! I told you to control yourself!" Jazmin glared at Rhea

"Ignore her, maknae. She's in a bad mood today" Bella patted her back

"Don't you mean.. every day?" Sam rolled her eyes

"Samantha, I swear to God--" Rhea started

"No more fighting girls." Elizabeth's mother ordered

"Let's go into this last store before heading home" Rhea's mother said and walked in the shop with the other mothers.

Rhea's, Aurora's and Bella's faces instantly lit up. They quickly ran around the store, finding what they needed before heading home.

"Awww!" Elizabeth pouted "But it was so fun to shop with you girls" 

"I know, right? Can't we shop a little longer?" Jazmin brightened up

"Just shopping is enough for me but shopping with you girls was awesome" Sam smiled at her friends.

"You know.. I have a feeling this summer won't be so bad" Elizabeth shrugged as she eyed her friends running around the store.

"Don't tell Rhea that. She'll probably disagree" Sam said, looking up from a price tag, and they both laughed.