The Way There

✈✿ Country Girls Meet City Boys ✿✈

The Way There


"Ladies and gentlemen, this is your pilot speaking. We are now 3,000 feet above ground. You can now change the position of your seats, pull down your tray, or use any electronics that are allowed. Air hosts will be walking around to see if you want any snacks or drinks. Since it is currently raining on both Korea and Japan, please be aware that they might be a bit of turbulence on our way there. Thank you" he then proceeded to repeat it in Japanese just in case anyone didn't know Korean and then the speakers went off.

As soon as the pilot said they could use electronics again, Rebecca opened her laptop. She quickly started typing away, completely ignoring the person sitting next to her. She was writing on a new story and she didn't want to be interruped in such a moment.The keyboard looked like it would burst out into flames. The person next to her tapped her with his eyebrow raised. Which was an awful mistake.

"What?!" Rhea hissed at him

"Your keyboard is going to blow up. Could you calm down? Some people are trying to take a nap here" the boy pulled his beanie down to cover his eyes.

"Well, who died and made you king of anything?" Rhea asked, clearly annoyed and ready to begin a fist fight in the middle of the flight if necessary. Her stare suddenly softened from an angered looked to a realization look. "You're one of those drunk bastards"

"I'd prefer Key, thank you very much" the boy replied

"So that's your name. You're that guy that kept on calling us peasants.." Rhea glared at him.

Key snorted. "You should've video taped it. It must've been hilarious"

Rhea snorted as well. "Now that I think about it.." this time she let out a giggle "It was. You kept on climbing on my friend's back but she kept pushing you down." she burst into small giggles. 

"So that's why I woke up with so many bruises" Key laughed.

"She probably will cut you up if she sees you" Rhea laughed as well.

And soon, the fashionista and the sarcastic Noona were actually having a normal conversation.

 


Elizabeth was reading a book, her reading glasses pressed against her face. She was reading her all time favourite, To Kill a Mockingbird. Meanwhile, Bella was taking a small nap, her head resting on the window. Elizabeth dug her head in the book. Her favourite part was coming and she didn't want to miss one single word. She read every line with a serial killer smile. She was about to read her favourite quote when she felt someone kick her seat. 

"Stop it" a boy hissed

"You are no boss of me" another boy said. He then procedeed to kick Elizabeth's seat once more time. 

Elizabeth took a deep breathe before turned around to look at the two boys and said "Excuse me sir, I don't mean to be rude or anything, but could you please stop kicking my seat. I'm trying to read"

The boy behind Elizabeth looked at her, rolled his eyes, and said "Whatever".

Elizabeth sat back down. 'That was easier than expected' she thought

Elizabeth continue reading her book and she was almost in the most interesting part. Nearly five minutes had passed and the boy started kicking Elizabeth's seat again, obviously on purpose. 

" Stop it Jonghyun"  Elizabeth heard one of the boys say but he still continued. So Elizabeth stood up again and turned to him.

"Hey! Did you not listen to me. STOP IT!" Elizabeth told the boy. He remained quiet so Elizabeth took that as a fine. But before Elizabeth knew it he kicked Bella's seat so hard she knocked her head with the front seat and started groaning. Elizabeth looked like she could spit fire at any moment. Bella looked up slowly, her hand on her forehead and stared at her friend. She had never seen her like this before.

Elizabeth stood up and thoought 'This is the last time'. Elizabeth was glaring at the Jonghyun-boy so hard he was trembling.

"He's all yours " the boy next to him said as he put on his head phones.

"This is the third time are you stupid or what? How would you like it if i kicked your seat? Don't you see I'm trying to read and she's sleeping. So Stop this is the third time I say it and for your own good let's hope it'll be the last!" Elizabeth glared at him one more time and sat back down. He didn't even move again for the rest of the flight. 

 


Jazz was sitting in her seat with her ear buds plugged jamming to her music when a boy came and sat next to her. He seemed to be telling her something but she couldn't really hear him so she stopped the music and turned to him.

"Excuse me what was that?" she said

"I said what's your name beautiful?" the boy said

She stared at him for a second trying to tell if he was hitting on her or not but she decided to keep on talking to him. He couldn't possibly be a player.

"My name's Jazmin, my friends call me Jazz though. What's your name?" she said

"My name's Minho. Choi Minho" he said

"Nice...?" Jazz said awkwardly.

"So Jazz do you have a boyfriend?" Minho said

"No..." she replied. 'Okay this guy's definately a player' she thought.

"So would you like a drink?" Minho asked with a smirk on his face.

Jazmin absolutely hated players which meant she definitely did NOT like Minho in the least, he wasn't even her type. "Okay dude, I just met you, you can't possibly think I'm taking a drink from you. Besides, we're in the middle of a plane. Just.. stop." 

"I actually thought you would babe" Minho said.

"Oh Jesus" Jazmin rolled her eyes "Calling me babe will make no difference" she said as she tried to stay calm

"You'll give in soon" he said smirking at you

'This is gonna be a long flight' she thought as she plugged her ear buds again.

 


Yesung was sitting with his ear buds plugged in his ears, he was sitting next to a girl who was apparently called Samantha since an older, blonde girl had stopped by their seats a couple of times to talk.

She had been squealing rather loudly and he noticed she was flipping through multiple magazines and also circling items in them. He would raise an eyebrow at her now and then but she wouldn't budge she just kept squealing and flipping thrrough the magazine.

"Hey do you think this shoes go with this shirt?" she said to no avail since Yesung had cranked the music louder.

She reached his arm and shook it. "Heeeey?"

"What do you want?" he said

"Do you think these shoes go with this shirt?" she asked as she turned the magazine so that he could take a look

"I honestly don't care, so can you shut up" he said

"Rude" Sam muttered and looked out the window.

Not five minutes had passed and she asked again. Seeing that Yesung wouldn't answer she kept asking and asking and asking. Finally he gave in, he unplugged the ear buds and turned to face her. 

"So do you-" Samantha started but was cut off by and angry Yesung.

"NO I DON'T THINK THEY LOOK GOOD TOGETHER, SO WOULD YOU SHUT UP?" He yelled. Samantha was shocked. Nobody talked to her like that. Nobody.

"EXCUSE ME  BUT WHO DO YOU THINK YOU ARE? YOU ARE NO BETTER THAN ME SO YOU CAN'T TALK TO ME LIKE THAT!" she yelled back

"THAT I'M NOT BETTER THAN YOU?" Yesung snorted " OH HONEY I AM SO MUCH BETTER THAN YOU"

"HA WHAT A JOKE. WITH THAT SO LAST SEASON JACKET?" Samantha scoffed "OH HONEY, I DON'T THINK SO"

"ARE YOU TALKING BACK TO ME?" Yesung yelled

"WHAT DOES IT LOOK LIKE I'M DOING, SMARTASS? I JUST THOUGHT YOU WERE DEAF AND ALSO COLOR BLIND." Samantha yelled back

Yesung gasped but he didn't have the time to yell back at this so called Samantha brat since an air hostess came and said.

"Excuse me but would you please remain silence you are both disturbing the other passengers." she said

They both looked at each other and then immediately turned away.

"Stupid female dog" Samantha muttered as she turned to the window

"Rich brat" Yesung said as he turned away.

 


 

Aurora was trembling in her seat and it was annoying Taemin, he didn't stand silly children who got scared easily. So, he decided to play a joke on the naïve girl. 

"Um..... hey? Is there something wrong?" He tried his best to hide the disgust and plaster  the best and prettiest fake worried look he could manage. The girl next to him looked up and studied Taemin's face, trying to find out whether or not he was making fun of her. His voice and expression were pretty believable so she decided probably not.

"I'm afraid of airplanes they scare me." She said looking at him shyly.

"Oh..... There's nothing to be afraid of, i'm sure nothing bad will happen. Just close your eyes and imagine you're in your favorite place in the world, it'll be okay." he said managing to give her the sweetest voice and a slight but encouraging smile.

"Promise?" Aurora asked

"Promise" Taemin smiled at her. 'Ugh this is so overwhelming' he though as he gave her a mental eye roll. "What's your name?" he continued still with a sweet voice. 

"Aurora, what's your name?" she asked as she thought 'He is so nice'.

"Taemin. It's nice meeting you Aurora" he said

They talked for about five minutes and then Aurora stood up to go to the bathroom.

"Be careful, sometimes there's turbulence." he said as she walked down the aisle. When she was beyond hearing range he burst in to laughter.

"Afraid of airplanes! She's so stupid and naïve I can't believe she believed every single word I said. What an idiot" he said as he laughed

Aurora was coming towards her seat when she heard some laughter, she wanted to know what was happening so she followed it and stood behind her seat. Not close enough to be spotted but close enough to listen to the joke that had made Taemin crack up. 'Must've been good' she thought.

"Afraid of airplanes, like really? What a scary cat. And she even believed my little façade. I can't understand chicks these days they're so credible. What is wrong with them? Seriously? She's so stupid and frail" he said as he laughed some more.

'Stupid? Frail? Little Façade' she repeated in her mind as a silent tear crept down her face. 'No Aurora, don't cry for a boy like this. He's not worth it. Just pretend you heard nothing' she said to herself as she wiped the tear and strolled back, being as silent as she could. She started humming and walking with rather loud steps toward her seat.

'She's coming. Better be nice, as if!' Taemin thought

Aurora walked to her sea and yawned sleepy. Taemin had bought it telling her that there was still an hour until the arrival so she could still sleep. Aurora turned to the window and only had one hought in mind 'I can't believe he was pretending' as she drifted away to her favorite place.

 

Author's Note

Tralalala~! THANK YOU TO MY AWESOME CO-AUTHOR, LIZ FOR WRITING THIS CHAPTER FOR ME ^^ LOVE YOU BRO

SARANGHAE MY LOVELY READERS~!