Sunrising Dangers

✈✿ Country Girls Meet City Boys ✿✈

Sunrising Dangers

 

Days passed and everything was back to normal. The boys' scars had healed and that girls had forgotten and forgiven. Everything was normal and no complains were heard from the boys any longer. Matter of fact, they were quite happy to be with their girls, nurturing their fondness towards each other. 


"Hey.. Taemin wake up~!" he remembered hearing a soft voice say faintly. He mumbled as he shifted sides and turned his back against the girl.

"Taemin!! Wake up~!" Rhea whined at him making him turn around and cover his head with the pillow. 

"I SAID WAKE UP" Rhea said losing her patience as she took the pillow away from him and started hitting him with it.

"Okay, Okay calm down. I heard you." Taemin said as he covered his head to avoid severe damage from Rhea and her pillow.

"Why are you waking me up anyways? It's a saturday and it's dark outside" Taemin said as he sat up in the bed and looked at Rhea who was already dressed. Taemin couldn't help but keep his sleepy eyes on her. Was she was always this beautiful?

"Well I thought we could go for a walk.. there's something I want to show you, so get up" Rhea said as she tugged him out of the bed and started dragging him into the bathroom.

"Okay, okay" Taemin laughed as Rhea pushed him into the bathroom and closed the door. 

"And hurry up!" she said as she sat on the bed with arms crossed.

Five minutes later Taemin came out of the bathroom dressed neatly and said "Im ready."

"Okay then let's go" Rhea said as she grabbed the basket Aurora had lent her and took his hand and started leading him out of the room and down the stairs.

"Rhea where are we going?" Taemin asked as they went through the living room and were exiting the house.

"It's a surprise." Rhea said "Now come on, and hurry before the sun comes up"

"Fine" he sighed softly. He hated surprises but he'd have to cope.

Ten minutes had passed and now Taemin was walking in front of Rhea, while she was looking up at the sky. Please don't come out yet. Please, she silent prayed in her mind. Another five minutes went by before they reached the waterfall.

"The waterfall? Why did you bring me here?" Taemin turned around to look at Rhea who was now starting the path leading up to the cliff.

"Stop asking questions and hurry, we're running out of time." Rhea said as she looked back at Taemin. "And be careful it's kinda slippery"

"Okayy" Taemin sighed and started trailing behind the girl. When they reached the top of the cliff Rhea pulled a flower print blanket out of the basket and laid it on the grass inches away from the cliffs edge. She sat down on it and patted the space beside her gesturing for Taemin to sit down. The said boy did as he was told and looked to Rhea confused. "Now what?" he asked curiously.

"Now we wait" Rhea replied

"Wait for what?" Taemin asked

"Well, I just.. wanted to bring you here as a peace treaty." Rhea said playing with her fingers.

Taemin turned to look at her in confusion. This wasn't at all answering his question. "Huh?"

"See, I love my friends, I really do, but sometimes I like to take a break and just be by myself. Every year I take one day to come all the way up here by myself to watch the beautiful sunrise. It's my own secret escape and I wanted to share this secret with you.."

"B-But.. why?" Taemin questioned, still feeling completely perplexed.

"Well, I trust you" she confessed. "You're my roommate and we are basically doing everything together nowadays"

"Whoah.. Rebecca that's.."

"Rhea" she corrected softly, hugging her knees and laying her head on top of them.

"Rhea, I just wanted to say.. thank you for trust me" Taemin said honestly.

 Rhea beamed "You're welcome.. But.. Hey~! Haven't you ever heard of equivalent trade?" Rhea nudged him, not moving from her position. "You have to tell me a secret, too" 

Taemin's eyes widened. This wasn't at all what he expected. Rhea noticed this and laughed softly.

"I'm only kidding, Tae--"

"Rhea, you're amazing" Taemin blurted out. "The way you care so much about others and protect all of your friends just blows me away"

Rhea blushed and looked down at her feet. She stomped both of her feet awkwardly. "Thank you.  

"Rhea.. I.."

Rhea just ignored him and turned to look at the watch on her wrist.

"Five... Four... Three..." She started counting and Taemin just raised an eyebrow as he looked at her quizzically.

"Two... One... Look Taemin" Rhea said as she looked up from her watch and used her finger to turn the boy's head so that he now looked forward just in time. Before their eyes the darkness began to lift and the sky gradually turned lighter and the sun began to rise.

"Wow.... " Taemin said as he took in the sight before him.

"Don't you think it's beautiful?" Rhea said as she looked at the sky then at him with a beaming smile.

"I can think of something way more beautiful." Taemin said as he turned to look at Rhea.

"Really..." Rhea said as she raised her eyebrow and continued to look forward unable to take her eyes away "Like what?"

"Like you. You're more beautiful than the sunrise or the sunset or even the brightest star. You Oonishi Rebecca are the most beautiful girl I've ever seen." Taemin said as he held her hand and stared at her smiling.

After listening to Taemin's words  Rhea's heartbeat picked up and heat rose to her face making her cheeks glow a bright shade of crimson. She turned to the boy beside her and looked deep into his eyes twining their fingers together.

"Y-you really think so?" Rhea asked

"I do" Taemin said as he leaned forward placing a soft kiss on Rhea's lips.

 


Rhea touched her lips as she walked behind Taemin and looked to the ground flustered. She couldn't believe what had happened, her first kiss. She looked up to see Taemin and gasped when she saw he was no longer there. Rhea picked up her pace, walking faster and looked in every direction when she caught a glimpse of a sign. She walked to it to read it more carefully and got scared when she finally red what it said.

DANGER: CLIFF AHEAD

*Oh no Taemin*  She thought as she ran in the direction the sign was pointing. Rhea reached her destination just in time to see Taemin walking closer and closer to the cliffs edge. "Taemin!" Rhea cried 

"Rhea what's wrong, hurry or we'll miss breakfast." Taemin looked back at her and said as he continued to walk forward.

"Stop!!!" Rhea screamed but it was too late at that  same moment Taemin took the last step and was about to fall off.

"NOOOO!!!" Rhea screamed with a tear stained face as she ran with all her force reaching for Taemin's hand and pulling him forward using all her strength. Taemin springed back but sadly the odds were not on Rhea's favor. Time seemed to stop, ever heard of a law called Action- Reaction? Every action has an equal opposite reaction, and unluckily for Rhea it caused her to tumble forward into the cliff's edge, meanwhile Taemin wrapped his arms around the girls waist and pulled her back. They both crashed down to the floor their bodies a mere inch from the edge.

"Are you okay?" Taemin said as he looked at Rhea who was ontop of him. Rhea nodded and clutched Taemin's shirt  softly sobbing and crying into his chest.

"Shh... shhhh... it's okay now. We're alright" Taemin soothed as he rubbed her back.

"Y-you sh-should pay attention t-to where y-you're going p-pabo." Rhea sobbed

"Shh.." Taemin said as he rocked her and held her tightly against his chest.

*You saved my life and then I almost lost you... I don't want to play this game anymore, Taemin thought feeling strange and overwhelmed with sadness at the thought of loosing her.

 

CO- AUTHOR'S NOTE:

Hey everyone co-author Li-chan31 here with an update~

We know it's been a long time and we're sorry for the hiatus. It's just there's been a lot going on with school and other things.

Sorry for that and also sorry for the Physics lesson in the middle of the chapter. It was something I had to do, see my twin and I had a Physics teacher and I dare say so far he's been the best  and he taught us that, so I just had to.... Hehe :p

Anyways, part of this chapter (the cliff part) was inspired by a scene from my favorite anime Detective Conan (without all the hanging from a branch drama)

 

 

 

 

This chapter hasn't bee that long and I apologize for it but I hope you enjoyed it and thanks for your support. so as my twin would say..

SARANGHAE MY LOVELY READERS!!!!!!