The Barn

✈✿ Country Girls Meet City Boys ✿✈

The Barn


The teenagers made their way back to the family room where the boys sat in the couches while the girls picked everything up. Yes, they had a huge argument before the girls started cleaning but this time, the boys didn't even budge. So, now the girls were really stuck picking it up by themselves or else, they'd get repremented by the two elderly woman (And, let me tell you, they may look nice, but when they're mad they're really not that nice). 

Once they were done, they all walked up to the rooms to take their showers. A good hour passed until the teenagers walked back down to the family room. Aunt Rebs and Grammy Oki were already there.

"Good morning" Grammy Oki greeted

The teenagers nodded their way or waved.

"You seem in a happy mood today" Grammy Oki said

"Well, the girls finally did what they had to do" Jonghyun said

"And that is?" Aunt Rebs asked

"Y-You don't wanna know" Samantha said as she placed her hand on top of Jonghyun's mouth. She then glared at Jonghyun.

"Great, so the jobs~!" Aunt Rebs said entuthiastically. "Follow us outside, please"


The group was walking across the big meadow that was owned by the two elder women. It was honestly a fair sight to see. The meadow was fairly large filled with plowed lands with all sorts of fruits and vegetables. And to the right was the big red barn. They made a stop in the barn which was amazingly huge, let me remind you. Elizabeth instantly ran to the horses. She started petting their head and brushing their mane with her hand. The horses neighed in delite.

"Oh, Liz has grown so fond of those horses" Grammy Oki chuckled then turned to Minho. "Minho, go ahead. It'll be your summer job after all"

Minho bowed his head slightly and then walked up to Elizabeth. The horses instantly snorted disapprovingly and turned their backs on Minho. Elizabeth laughed as Minho scoffed.

"Don't worry, they'll grow fond of you, too" Elizabeth said, placing her hand on his shoulder. Minho scoffed once again and removed her hand from his shoulder. Elizabeth rolled her eyes.

"Wait, so who does the work around here when the girls are not here?" Yesung raised his eyebrow in question.

"You sure ask a lot of questions" Jazmin rolled her eyes in annoyance. 

"Well, we hire employees to do the hard work since Rebecca and I aren't really in the shape to be doing so. But, we let them have vacation in the summer when our lovely girls come around. We pay less, and we get to teach the girls the price the comes with hard work" Grammy Oki said giving them a wide smile.

"That's.. wow, that's really stupid" Yesung muttered under his breathe. Luckily, no one heard him.

"Over here we have the chicken" Aunt Rebs gestured to the chicken coup. "Jazmin, Yesung.. This is your job" 

The chickens flailed their arms around and made loud noises. The boys covered their ears in annoyance.

"You're kidding, right?" Yesung asked through gritted teeth.

"No" Jazmin said and tickled one of the chicken.

Yesung laughed sarcastically. "Why didn't the two obsessed kids get the chicken?" he asked pointing at Onew and Aurora.

"Because Aurora doesn't have the heart to take care of the chicken to later on eat some" Jazmin shrugged

Aurora hid her face behind her hands. 

"Oh, Tracy laid an egg" Jazmin said and slightly gave off an excited squeal.

"...You name the chicken?" Yesung raised his eyebrow

Jazmin carefully grabbed the chicken and placed her in her arms before taking the eggs and giving it to Grammy Oki. Grammy Oki placed it inside a woven basket that she had in her arms.

"Well, we'll leave you to that. Moving on, we have the cows at the back of the barn." Aunt Rebs said and they walked to the corner of the barn. "This is Taemin's and Rebecca's job"

"What? Not only do I have to sleep with that but I also have to take care of some filthy, fat creatures?" Taemin asked

"Hey~! You do not talk about Molly and Suzy like that~!" Rhea yelled in his face

"Why are you all up in my face? And great, another freak who names their farm animals." Taemin crossed his arms and rolled his eyes.

Rhea was about to pounce him but Sam placed a reasurring hand on top of her shoulder. Rhea looked back at her and Sam smiled warmly, trying to calm her down. Rhea let out a sigh. "Idiot.." she muttered

"Out here, we have the sheep" Aunt Rebs sayed walking outside and gesturing towards the sheep stable.

"My precious babies~!" Sam squealed

The sheep ignored her and continued to eat their food.

"Where is Thunder?" Sam asked

"Thunder?" Onew raised his eyebrow

"It's my pet dog" Sam smiled

"Dog!?" Key shrieked

As if on cue, a grey large something dog walked up to them. He barked loudly, catching Jonghyun by surprise and falling back. Samantha, Bella and Aurora fell to their knees and started petting him with big smiles, calling him cute nicknames.

"You call that a good boy? That's a monster~!" Key shrieked

"You better respect Thunder, boy. He will help you gather the sheep. He is the best at his job" Grammy Oki said

"Come, pet him~! He's very friendly!" Sam smiled

Key walked cautiously to the dog and petted him slowly. "H-Hi, doggy"

Jonghyun and Onew looked at each other nervously.  

The dog barked loudly and was about to tackle Key but Sam held him back.

"Sorry.. He smells fear" Sam said 

"Oh, well, boo-hoo" Key said sarcastically

"We'll leave you to that.. Eh.. Onew, Aurora, Jonghyun, Bella, we move on" Aunt Rebs said. They walked away to the pigs' stable. They were all fighting for food while others just rolled themselves in the mud. There were seven piglets feeding off their mother off to the corner. It wasn't exactly a pleasant sigh to see, honestly. 

"Oh, poor soul that has to work with those filthy creat--" Onew muttered under his breathe

"And Onew and Aurora, you'll be working with the pigs" Grammy Oki smiled

"WHAT?!" Onew yelled "I'm not taking care of that!"

Aurora smiled up at Onew. Onew groaned and rolled his eyes. Aurora looked down and then back at the pigs.

"Oh, yes you will" Jonghyun smirked. "If you excuse us" he placed his arm around Bella "we will be by the plantations, checking out our jobs. Too-da-loo~!" he waved at the them and they walked away. Bella stared at his arm in disgust.

Back with the others, Bella took a deep breathe and smiled at the fresh air. Jonghyun pat her in the back and she nearly fell to the floor. She mantained her balance and growled under her breathe.

"And all of these fields belong to you guys~!" Aunt Rebs said motioning at the long fields of plantations. "Not literally but.." she laughed 

"We get it" Bella smiled

"This job may not be the cleverest but it sure drains you. I sure hope that you'll work as a team just like everyone else. Please pass on that important message to everyone else. Work as a team" Aunt Rebs emphasized the last sentence.

Bella smiled and bowed her head. "We will"

Grammy oki and Aunt Rebs smiled one last time before walking away, laughing at some joke Grammy Oki had cracked.

Bella sighed happily.

"So, get to work, will you?" Jonghyun said as he sat down on the floor.

"What do you get to work? I sure as hell won't do this alone" Bella said

"You've done it alone a bunch of times before. So, go ahead and do your job. That's what you're supposed to do. Women work, men chill" Jonghyun said

"You obviously don't know how things work around here" Bella glared at him before turning away and starting her work. She was not in the mood to drag him to do his chores.

 "Work as a team" Bella snorted "Yeah, right. Like that's ever gonna happen" she rolled her eyes.

But maybe a twist of event may change that..

 


 

Author's Note

Did you see that amazing poster above? Remember that I mentioned that my Roo-Unnie did the last poster? Well, she was so damn creative she DID THREE~! BWOOOOAH~! So, I'll be sure to make good use of them :3

I am so mad at myself for not updating. Also mad at my "lovely" co-author (You really are lovely, Li, but not at the moment xD) for not helping me even if I begged her for days. But my mind finally settled itself and came up with an ending for this chapter. Now.. what was the next chapter going to be again? :l 

...

Anyways~! Violet's back after Hurricane Sandy our country leaving 25,000 of us without homes and giving me the SERIOUS CREEPS every freaking morning with its stupid thunder and lightnings. Also, why is it that you guys only care about the hurricane when it goes to the USA. Racism, dawg. Neverthless, I also had a bunch of tests to study for since my first quarter's almost done (faslfsfmsfaf I failed everything but okay.. so much for studying) 

So, pardon for the short chapter and long author's note. But I'll leave it with

SARANGHAE MY LOVELY READERS~!