The First Night Tradition

✈✿ Country Girls Meet City Boys ✿✈

The First Night Tradition

The bold parts where I describe the clothes are the links to it, kay? Kay~!


"The First Night Tradition? Our First Night Tradition?!" Bella asked

"Bwoah?! But that's our tradition" Elizabeth complained

"Well, now you will all share this tradition" Grammy Oki smiled sweetly

"You're talking as if they're going to come back every year" Jazmin crossed her arms.

Aunt Rebs and Grammy Oki looked at each other nervously then away, acting innocent.

"Two of us can't be together in one room let alone the twelve of us in one room~!" Sam shrieked

"Just.. follow orders, guys" Rhea said, rolling her eyes and walking inside the house. "Doesn't matter how much you hate them" She placed an arm around Aurora, who wasn't very fond to the darkness that the woods gave off. "Come on, Ror, let's look for a glass of milk and then we go to the family room, neh?" 

The maknae nodded as they both went to the kitchen.

"Get on your pajamas and then go to the family room. Rebs and I will just go ahead and go to sleep" Grammy Oki announced. "Goodnight" 

"Goodnight" the teenagers muttered back, obviously not pleased with any of this.


Aurora was sitting on the counter, trying hard not to look out the very obviously big windows.

"Eh.. Unnie, how's your rooming with Taemin going?" Aurora asked as she waved her legs back and forth.

"Not so great, donsaeng. Maybe we should let Taemin and that Onew-character sleep together so you and I can sleep in your room together." she chuckled softly. "Talking about Onew, how is it going with him?" Rhea asked, opening the fridge.

"N-Not that great. B-But it's fine, Unnie~! I don't mind, let's just see. They can have a change of heart" Aurora said innocently.

"Oh, donsaeng, you and your big dreaming" Rhea chuckled as she served the milk in a big glass for Aurora.


Jazmin felt her face turn red. Her mother had packed most of her things, most being her underwear, cosmetics, and things to wear inside the house. Of course, she paid no mind, since it was, of course, with her best friends and two women that were basically like her parents. Maybe more caring than her parents. But the point was that Jazmin's mother had packed the shortest, smallest pajamas she had. Her mother went to the conclusion that since it's summer and it's hot outside, it was going to be hot inside as well. Jesus, was she wrong. 

She looked up from her bag and at Yesung who was already in some boxers and a plain, white tee. He was brushing his teeth and washing his face. He caught her staring and said, "If you don't change soon, we'll start without you"

Jazmin looked back down at her pajamas and took a deep breathe. 'Okay, don't panic. It really isn't that bad, Jazmin. Just.. change and make a run for it to the family room.. There'll be blankets there..' she nodded at her thoughts and walked inside the bathroom.

"Please, go out, I'm going to change" Jazmin said, in her less bossy tone. She sounded careful and delicate, not much like her true self.

Yesung nodded and for the first time, listened to her. He took one of the pillows from the bed and opened the door. "I'll be downstairs~!" 

Jazmin pulled her hair out of her face into a ponytail and looked at herself in the mirror after she was done.

 "Gosh, I'm going to look like a " she muttered to herself as she looked at her pajamas


Bella looked at herself in the mirror with approval. She was wearing some old hello kitty pajama pants and a random shirt she found. And even if they didn't match, she was wearing her comfy, old monkey sleeping shoes. She had completely forgotten about Jonghyun's nasty comment over her weight (if it was true or fale, she honestly didn't care) he had made a few hours ago. 

Just then, Jonghyun walked out of the bathroom, rubbing his eyes with his closed fist. He was wearing some boxers and sleeveless shirt, showing off his biceps. Bella foung herself gapping at him while he wasn't looking. Jonghyun turned to look at her and Bella looked back down at her shoes. She suddenly looked up slowly.

"You.. can't be possibly wearing that for tonight" Bella said and pointed at Jonghyun's "attire".

"Uh, yes I am" Jonghyun rolled his eyes

"But.. it's cold there. I mean, there are people like Liz that never get cold but--" 

"Then, I am just like Elizabeth. But probably better. Why? Because I'm a man and I don't get cold. Now, your comments to yourself because you're useless" Jonghyun said walking out the door.

Bella just rolled her eyes and walked out the door after him. 'Oh, he'll have what he deserves'


Key was already sitting in the desk's chair, reading one of the few books Samantha had in her desk. He was twirling around the chair while reading the book when Sam came out. He slowly glanced up the book to see at Sam then back at the book. He then came into a realization. She was wearing the same pajamas as him. The pants were long and the shirt was long sleeved. The sleeves reached until her arms. It was blue with shades of purple lines. Sam had noticed this as well and she walked up to Key. They both eyed each other down with an amused expression.

"Uh.." Key laughed "Maybe you should change" 

"..What do you mean I should change?" Sam raised her eyebrow "Excuse me, darling, but I thought of these pajamas first" 

"Yeah but haven't you ever heard the phrase 'Actions are bigger than words'? Well, I put it on first, darling" Key said mocking Sam's nickname for him.

Samantha scoffed and placed her hands on her hips. Key did the same. Sooner than later, they were both fighting over the pajamas.


Onew was walking down the stairs, with a bored expression across his face. He yawned slightly. When he was in the second floor, Taemin was coming out of his room. Onew nodded his head at Taemin's way as a greeting.

"Hey, hyung" Taemin scratched his head "Nice pajamas" he smirked

Onew looked down at his pajamas that had Marvel comics all over the place. He hit Taemin's head. "I just took the first ones I saw" 

Taemin rolled his eyes and rubbed the back of his head. "So, how's rooming with the spawn of Satan?"

"She's.. " Onew rolled his eyes at the thought of the female maknae. His gaze at the air softened as he thought of her shy moves and polite gestures. He shook his head. "..fine" he managed to say "But shouldn't you be describing your roommate like that? I think the entire house could hear you and Rhea fighting"

"She's horrible~! I can't stand her. Tsk" he groaned

"Well, it'll be over soon" Onew shrugged, not really knowing how to make Taemin feel any better since he, himself, wasn't feeling all that great either. "Maybe.. we just need to give it time.."

And they didn't say one more word until they got to the family room.


Soon, all the teenagers were there. Minho and Liz would brag about how they were there faster than everyone else and that they were too slow. Liz was wearing some spongebob shorts and a plain white tee completely ignoring the chills the AC gave off. 

Aurora and Rhea were the third and fourth to arrive. Aurora was in the corner of a couch, with her panda pajamas, hugging her panda plushie and drinking her milk. Rhea was beside her, wearing her pajamas that were similiar to Sam's and hugging a big teddy bear that used to belong to her aunt.

The rest just came afterwards. 

(A/N: In case you're too lazy to go back to the last chapters or just forgot, here's the picture of the family room)

The girls had moved the coffee table from the way and placed it in a corner of the room. They took out a blanket and started building a fort out of it. When they were done they started getting their stuff inside and that's when Key spoke up.

"Uh.. that's too tiny for the twelve of us" Key said

"We know" Rhea gave him a phony smile and continued entering her stuff.

"..Aren't we supposed to--" Yesung started 

"No, you're not" Jazmin said

"But I--"

"You're not" Jazmin glared at him and entered the tent.

Onew walked up to the tent and loosed its strings. He smirked.

"Turn on the lights~!" Aurora, who was inside, shrieked as she waved her hands around. 

Jazmin was already screaming multiple curse words at the top of her lungs. For their convience, Grammy Oki's and Aunt Reb's room was far away. But back to the point, Rebecca, Samantha, Elizabeth, and Bella quickly started raising the tent up in an attempt to make both girls underneath shut up.

The boys just laughed at this but they stopped once they realized that Aurora was actually crying. There was an awkward silence and all that could be heard was Aurora's crying and Rebecca trying to comfort her.

"Achluophobia" Jazmin muttered

The boys walked closer. 

"What?" Minho said

"Fear of the dark. Achluophobia. That's what Aurora has. If you could please not do that again" Jazmin said through gritted teeth

The boys turned to look at Onew, who was looking away in emberassment.

"Do you want to wash your face, maknae?" Rhea asked in a soothing voice

Aurora nodded, her hands against her face. Rhea and Aurora stood up and walked out of the room.

"Since you want to get in the tent as well, then you might as well do it all over again" Bella glared at the six boys. She then turned to Onew. "And you. I am sick and tired of you hurting our maknae" 

"I haven't done--" Onew started

"Don't you feed us that bull--" Jazmin started

"Jazmin, don-- You know what? Continue" Elizabeth said glaring at Onew.

Jazmin smirked. "Thank you" she turned her attention to Onew. "Aurora is not as quiet when it comes to us. I'm not even going to ask you to be nice. I'm commanding you to be nice to our friend." 

Onew walked away to the red couch next to the window. "Whatever" he muttered

"Make it fast" Sam barked at Key. 

Key's shoulders tensed as he picked up the sheet.

"You guys messed with the wrong people" Sam muttered under her breathe.