Could Be

✈✿ Country Girls Meet City Boys ✿✈

Really long chapter because I'm an awful author and I've got to make it up somehow


After they pulled away from each other, Onew's eyes were soft and Aurora's fears were starting to fade away. There were strings slowly pulling her heart and for a moment she swore she saw love in his eyes. She giggled, bringing her thumb to her lip.

"You kiss well" Aurora smiled. Not that she knew what distinguished bad and good kisses but it wasn't like she would let him know that, either.

"As do you" Onew said, a blush forming on his cheeks.

Aurora felt as if she had accomplished something, seeing him fidgeting and blushing like that. His walls were down. She finally saw the true Onew and he was beautiful. His dazed smile and messy hair made her heart flutter.

"So, does that mean.." Onew started, not knowing exactly where he was going.

"Yes, I think we're dating now" Aurora nodded, biting her lip as a smile formed on her lips.

"Good" Onew nodded then clenched and unclenched his fists. "So can we.."

Aurora nodded slowly, her eyes drooping and her face nearing his. "Yes, I think we can.."

"Good" he said and she could feel his hot breathe upon her lips. But their moment was broken as soon as the front door opened loudly.

Their ten rowdy friends stormed into the house, making their way to the living room. Both Onew and Aurora jumped away from each other, looking at the door of the living room open and in came the drunk bastards.

Key and Sam were fighting but Aurora and Onew couldn't quite understand about what since everyone else was talking over them. Yesung was quietly holding Jazmin who was laughing at Key and Sam's dispute. Jonghyun and Bella were trying to pull slightly tipsy Elizabeth away from Minho. They both looked eager to kiss each other. And in front stood Rhea, an annoyed look on her face with Taemin at her side with a pretty nasty bruise forming in his left cheek.

Aurora guessed that the bruise story would be the shortest.

Aurora gasped. "Jesus, Taemin! What happened to you?"

"Yeah, maknae, are you alright? That's a pretty nasty bruise" Onew asked, corcern in his eyes.

"What the do you care for?" Taemin barked and Rhea nodged him. He turned to look at her and she simply gave him a warning look. Taemin sighed and shook his head, rubbing his eyes. "Sorry. Drank a bit too much. Got into a fight. You know how it is"

"I know how it was, Taemin. You know better" Onew said, giving him a look. "I'll go get something for that eye, okay?" he said, standing up. For some reason, Aurora wanted him to stay right there besides her.

The rest of their friends, however, seemed to have stopped talking. As Onew walked past them to go to the kitchen, the boys all looked at him in disbelief.

"What the hell did you to our Onew?" Jonghyun was the first to ask Aurora.

Aurora scratched her head and tried to look as innocent as possible. "Whatever do you mean?"

"Why is he worried about me?" Taemin asked, his anger put aside and replaced with pure confusion.

"He's always worried about you guys" Aurora shrugged.

"No... Onew is never this lovey dovey to anyone" Bella said, raising an eyebrow. She then turned to Elizabeth and Minho had began kissing again. "Come on, guys! Keep it PG!"

"And why were you two so close to each other when we walked in?" Rhea raised an eyebrow, placing her hand on her hips.

"I-I-- You saw that?" Aurora blushed, her eyes going wide.

"So is little Aurora with Onew Oppa now?" Sam asked, wiggling her eyebrows.

"Oh, so you're going to call him Oppa as well? You want to fall in love with my friends, too?" Key growled.

"Key, let it go!" Sam groaned, her drunken state seeming to have disappeared.

Aurora was relieved the topic was changed and she quickly asked, "What's up with you two?" trying to sound as nonchalant as possible. She still felt Rhea's gaze on her.

"Well, little Miss Flaunt had every boy after her tonight" Key said "Barely paid any attention to me. I mean, I'm your boyfriend for crying out loud!"

"Hey, we danced!" Sam pointed out

"For like a couple of songs" Key crossed his arms. The way he was standing made him sound and look like a child throwing a tantrum. "And is that supposed to make me feel special? Because you danced with just about everyone out there!" he complained

"Keeeey" Sam whined, clinging on to his arm. "Pleeeease"

Onew quietly walked back inside the room, a frozen meat pack in his hand. "Sorry, maknae. No ice packs. But this should work" he said carefully placing the meat pack in his bruised cheek.

Everyone in the room, safe for Key and Sam (fighting), Jazmin (fallen asleep, resting her head on Yesung's shoulder), and Minho and Elizabeth (heavily making out in a corner) turned and looked at Onew with wide eyes.

Onew noticed this and turned to address everyone. "What?"

"Did you and Aurora make out or something? Is this where this change of heart came from?" Bella asked, looking at both of them suspiciously.

Aurora buried her face in a pillow and groaned. Onew simply turned red.

"I think we got our answer" Bella smirked. She then turned to Minho and Elizabeth and rolled her eyes. "Best take these two upstairs. Come on, sweet cheeks" she said, turning to Jonghyun. "I'll sleep with Liz tonight in our room. You sleep with Minho at Liz's"

"B-But I'll miss you" Jonghyun pouted.

Bella leaned in and kissed his lips softly. She then took Liz by her arm and smiled. "See you guys in the morning" she said before walking out of the room. Elizabeth, dazed, waved goodbye to her lover bye. Minho blew a kiss at her and Jonghyun groaned.

"Come on, Minho. Thanks to you I don't get to sleep with my girlfriend tonight" he glared at Minho but Minho didn't seem to notice. They both walked out.

"Guess we better go, too. Taemin's bruise is starting to worry me" Rhea said, crossing her arms and glancing at Taemin.

"Babe, I'm fine" Taemin rolled his eyes.

"Still.. Goodnight guys" Rhea said linking her arm with Taemin's and walking out of the room.

"Better take sleeping beauty upstairs, too" Yesung sighed.

"Hey, Yesung. Any luck tonight?" Onew asked before he left the room.

Yesung's tired eyes told him everything he needed to know. Onew frowned knowing he had been waiting for quite a while now to tell Jazmin his feelings towards her. His true feelings.

"Goodnight" Yesung muttered, snapping Onew out of his thoughts.

Aurora and Onew smiled at each other and then noticed there was one couple missing. They were still quietly fighting by the entrance of the living room. Onew cleared his throat and they both turned to look at him.

"Could you two take that upstairs?" Onew asked

Sam and Key simply continued fighting, ignoring his question. Onew shook his head and turned to Aurora.

"Guess we should be the ones going upstairs" Onew laughed and Aurora simply smiled, getting up from the couch and holding his hand, swinging his with hers as they went upstairs.

 

After a while, Key and Sam did take it upstairs. But that was after their fight was going absolutely nowhere and they refused to even look at each other. Key was quietly getting ready for bed while Sam took of her make up in the bathroom. She was by her fourth make up wipe when she threw it in the sink, growling.

"Why are you being like this? This is my typical night out, you know?" Sam yelled, storming into the room.

"It may have been your typical night out when you were single but now you have me" Key said, trying to stay calm, not even turning around to face her.

"What the hell? Just because I have some fun in a club doesn't mean you stop being my boyfriend!"

Key continued arranging his drawer quietly, putting away the clothes he had worn that day.

"Could you look at me for just a second? Why are you being so dramatic?"

Key turned around, growling. "Because I know what boys like that think. Want to know why? Because I was like them. Chasing after girls, disrespecting them because of their bodies, taking advantage of them. I don't want them to treat you like that so why can't you just let me protect me?"

Sam bit her lip, tears welling in her eyes.

"Were you just being stubborn? Were you trying to make me jealous?"

"So what if I wanted to make you jealous?" Sam spat which caught Key by surprise. "So what, huh? I know you've dated many girls before me and I wanted.. I wanted to see if you cared. So there! I did want to make you jealous, God"

Key stared at her in stunned silence. She was about to yell at him again when he pulled her into a tight hug. "Samantha, you're the only girl in my heart. I wish nothing more than to protect you. Let me"

Sam simply sighed, burying his face in his neck. She didn't have anything else to say. "Okay"

 

Taemin couldn't fall asleep, Rhea could tell. They had turned off the lights a good couple of minutes ago and he continued to toss and turn. At first she thought it was because it must be hard finding a comfortable position with a bruised cheek but now it was just getting ridiculous.

Rhea sighed softly. "Taemin, what is it?"

She felt him stiffen. He sighed as well. "What the is wrong with me?"

Rhea sat up, turning to look at him amidst the darkness. She squinted her eyes. "What do you mean?"

"Why can't I do anything right?" he covered his face and she didn't need the lights on to know he was crying. ".. " he cursed.

"Taemin" Rhea said softly, reaching to him. But before she could touch him, Taemin sat up, grabbing both of her hands.

"Rhea, I promise I'll stop drinking. I'll stop it with the loud music. I'll stop--"

"Taemin"

"No, listen to me. I love you--"

"As do I and--"

"and I promise that--"

"Taemin, stop this!" Rhea said sternly. Taemin looked at her. "You musn't change for me, ever. I love you just the way you are. Honestly, I.. I was afraid I was boring you tonight. I'm not used to going out like the rest of my friends"

Taemin frowned and squeezed her hand. "No, you would never. I love every minute spent with you" he smiled softly.

"I.. I know I'm not what I make out to be most of the time. I'm not strong.. I'm not... Aw, yikes" she sniffed, tears falling down her cheeks and to the bed sheets.

"No.. Rhea" Taemin frowned.

"But you still love me for me. So, why shouldn't I?" Rhea said in between tears. Taemin felt his heart beating in his skull. How could he have done this to her? How could he have..

She let out a small hiccup and Taemin couldn't help himself. He smiled. She was able to pull him away from her thoughts.

Rhea pushed him slightly. "Are you making fun of me?" she asked teasingly, wiping her tears.

Taemin shook his head and kissed her wet cheeks. "I just love you, okay?"

They fell asleep that night, their cheeks filled with dried tears and their arms embracing one another.

 

Yesung was tired but he couldn't sleep. Jazmin was sleeping soundly in their bed. If he didn't know better, he'd have thought she was dead. She hadn't moved since he placed her there.

If I was her boyfriend, he thought, I could've put on her pajamas.

If I was her boyfriend, he continued to think as he looked out the dark window, I would've kissed her awake tomorrow morning.

If I was her boyfriend, he frowned gritting his teeth, I would've won by now..

If I was her boyfriend, he shook his head and turned to look at Jazmin, I would be laying besides her now instead of pathetically standing here.

He shook his head and walked towards the bed, wrapping his arms around the sleeping Jazmin. If she were awake she would've kicked and punched until he finally let her go. But she was asleep now, and she was peacefully doing so. He wouldn't trade this moment for anything. The scent of her shampoo, though a bit drowned in the smell of alcohol and cigarrates (not that any of them smoked, there were just a good couple of people who didn't seem to care about people's breathing space). And her perfume smelled as if she had just put it on.

Yesung took a deep breathe. "Lee Jazmin. I'm in love with you. I'm in love with your hard headed attitude and the way you always accomplish what you set out to do. I love the way you talk in your sleep and the way you snort sometimes when you laugh. I wish you would know how much I love you. I wish I could gather up the courage to let you know how much I love you" he slowly closed his eyes.

"I simply.. love you" he whispered one last time before he let the silence of the room continue.

...

"Well, it was about god damn time, right?" Jazmin asked, opening her eyes slowly. Her voice was groggy but her eyes were filled with joy.

"Y-You heard?!" Yesung's eyes widened. She wasn't exactly a light sleeper and he doubted it even more now that she was drunk.

Jazmin's head was pounding and she couldn't really tell if it was from her escalating hangover or her rapdily beating heart. "'Course I heard. Every word of it, in fact. You're not exactly quiet about your feelings. And I feel the same way"

"Y-You do?" Yesung smiled widely.

"Yeah. I think my snorts are hella cute" Jazmin laughed. Before he could take her seriously, she quickly added, "And I love you, too"

Yesung had never seen her this happy, and he, himself, never felt quite this happy either. He stuttetered, finding the right words. He didn't know why Jazmin made him feel so nervous.

"W-Would you like to be--"

"Oh, come on. You can do better than that!" Jazmin laughed softly.

Yesung nodded and stood up from the bed, moving towards the door to turn on the lights. He started looking through Jazmin's closet and took out her guitar. He put it over him and began strumming the guitar.

"Woo, yeah. Won't you be my girl, yeah?" Yesung sang awfully loud and just, plain awful. A very different tone than what he had the day he first played to Jazmin.

Jazmin, however, was swaying from side to side in her bed to the strumming of the guitar, laughing loudly.

"Yeah, yeah. Cause if you don't I'd.. hurl!" Yesung nodded his head as he went. "And I think you could be my girl, yeah"

Jazmin scrunched her nose and laughed.

"Cause you mean the world, yeah" Yesung ended his song with a final strum and Jazmin clapped wildly, throwing a few "woo"s. She felt elated and she couldn't tell if she was still drunk or if this was just a dream.

"Thank you, thank you. I'll be here all night! Only accept cheers in bills" he waved to his imaginary crowd and smiled at Jazmin. Jazmin jumped out of her bed and ran towards him, wrapping her arms around him and placing a hard kiss on his lips. They pulled away for a while so that Yesung could take off the guitar and then they both laid on their bed, kissing and talking and laughing until dawn came about.

 

"You sure they won't wake up and go to each other?" Bella asked as she and Jonghyun walked side by side under the stars. They were both up before everyone else but it was still too early to see the sun decorate the sky.

"I'm positive. They're both knocked out. Now please, stop talking about them, okay?" Jonghyun chuckled. He brought their intertwined hands closer to his lips and kissed her knuckles softly. They walked a bit farther away from the house and laid down on the soft grass.

"Hey, Jongie?"

Though he still hated the nickname, he had slowly become rather fond it. He didn't even flinch or anything, to his surprise. He simply smiled and turned his eyes to her. "Hm?"

"Isn't it amazing how close we've become? The six of you.. it's like you had a change of heart over night" Bella laughed softly, looking up at the stars.

Jonghyun squeezed her hand and closed his eyes, feeling the grass tickle his bare arms.

Bella continued, "I want to thank you. You've truly changed our summer" she found herself smiling.

"Well, I can't speak for all of us but it was my pleasure" Jonghyun said softly.

"It's weird. This may still be the alcohol speaking.. But I think you're the love of my life" she slowly closed her eyes, laying closer to him.

"I think you're just sleepy, Bella" Jonghyun let out a hollow chuckle. Nothing left Bella's lips anymore. She had fallen asleep. But Jonghyun's guilty heartbeat kept him up for what was left of the night.

 

 

And Aurora and Onew were the only two who actually went upstairs, kissed a bit, and went to sleep!

The End!

Psyche. Totally not the end. But it is the end of a super long chapter whoah like seriously I copy pasted this in my Word and it was like 8 pages? Anyways, hope you guys enjoyed this! I'll try to update again as soon as possible. Specially since the chapter will be the next chapter. For those of you who don't know: the chapter is the emotionally wrecking chapter which I can never leave out and not only will it be hard for you guys to read, it'll also be hard for me to write (yaaaay!)

Sorry if there were any mistakes 3 It's like 11 pm and I'm super tired to proof read it. I really should double check but I really want to give you guys this update.

So yeah! See you guys next time!

Oh, also. Minho and Liz totally went and slept with each other.