Things I'm Not Supposed To Do - Changmin POV

Things I'm Not Supposed To Do

I shouldn't be late to practice...but Minho texted me out of the blue last night and all he said was "sorry hyung." When I texted him back asking what's wrong, he didn't answer so instead of heading to the practice room right now like I should be, I'm heading over to the SHINee dorm. When I called Onew, he was in the middle of a schedule but he said that Minho is at their dorm with Taemin.

Ah, I feel so tired...I stayed up all night studying for that test. I have to thank Min Hee for letting me borrow her notes when I see her but I definitely won't tell her that I understand the material much better because of them. She would never let me live it down and it would become something else for us to fight about. 

Sometimes even I feel like we argue too much...but she's like my little sister. I can't help it. I just want to argue with her, especially when she calls me a tall freak. I may be tall but I am certainly not a freak. She's the one that, according to her, hasn't grown since she was 13. That's her problem, not mine. I can't help it if she used to eat too much candy and didn't grow while I ate right and had growth spurts. 

I knock on their door and Taemin lets me in very sleepily. He's still rubbing his eyes like a little kid as he tells me that Minho's in the bathroom. That kid...if he doesn't want to be seen as adorable, he really should stop doing things like that then haha XD

I walk into Minho's room and because his bed looks so inviting I lay down, hugging a pillow. I hear the door open again and greet Minho while yawning, "Ya~ Minho-ah what was that text about last night? What do you have to be sorry for?"

"I think you have to be sorry to me for mistaking me for Minho."

That voice doesn't belong to Minho. I'd know that voice anywhere. "Min Hee? What are you doing here?" I sit up and look at her. O.o she's wearing one of Minho's shirts...and only the shirt? Eh?! Just what happened last night?! O.o

"Well someone borrowed my notes and didn't give them back before leaving to Japan like he was supposed to so I had to ask Minho if I could study with him."

"And the shirt?"

"What shirt?" I gave her a 'really?' look and pointed at it. "Oh, this shirt...Minho gave it to me and told me to put it on so I'd be more comfortable while studying."

"Just how comfortable did you get last night?" 

"Eh?"

"You're...are you wearing shorts underneath the shirt or not?"

"What?! Ah you !" she threw a pillow at me. "Of course I am! What kind of question is that?" 

"It looks like you're not wearing anything but that shirt! Of course I'm going to ask."

"I didn't take off clothes. Were you not listening? I put on the shirt. Not took it off."

"Okay, this is making me uncomfortable."

"You? You just asked me if I'm not wearing shorts!"

"Alright, I can see your point but look at you! You look...half- and it's not flattering." Actually it's kinda hot when girls wear guys shirts like that but why would I say that?

"Okay, thanks for the fashion critique. If I look half-, can you please stop looking? You just made it a lot more awkward."

"I'm not looking because I want to. I'm looking because you're blocking my vision."

"Then go blind for all I care."

"You care? Since when?"

"I don't." 

"I don't care about you either."

"Then why did you ask me about the shirt?"

"Because I care about Minho and that's his shirt."

"Oh I see...that's why you're waiting for him on his bed huh? Who knew..."

Did you just imply I'm gay?! With Minho no less! "What?! Don't say things like that!"

"It's okay. I won't tell."

"There's nothing to tell."

"Aww, you shouldn't down yourself like that. I'm sure even for you, there's something to talk about...even if it's not much."

"You...are a dirty-minded person."

"Is that the worst you've got?"

"No but I don't take effort on people that don't matter."

"Yet you still take effort to fight with me. Right..." she rolled her eyes.

Dang...she got me there. Min Hee smirked and I glared at her, which only turned her smirk into a mocking grin. She sat down next to me on the bed and asked, "so what are you doing here anyway? You mentioned Minho being sorry about something?"

"Ah, he texted me 'sorry hyung' last night and didn't explain why he was saying that to me. I got worried because he's not answering my texts or phone calls."

Yeah, I told her. Despite the conversation we just had, we're actually good friends. Bickering and insulting each other is just our own special way of bonding. If you were to apply the angel-and-devil-on-your-shoulder thing to best friends, Minho would be the angel and the two of us would be the shoulder devil for each other. 

"He did? That is weird...Why would he text you that? Hmm...maybe it's a 'Wrong Number?' " 

I chuckled at her usage of a DBSK song title. "Could be."

"He could be playing a prank on you too."

"No, it would be you that does that."

"Yeah, you're right about that."

I held back a laugh and watched her pick at the end of Minho's shirt. "Did something happen last night?"

"Other than me accidentally falling asleep when I should've been studying, no."

"Huh."

"Yup."

"Why did he send me that text then?" I sighed, "it must be your influence."

"What? Why me? You jerk. Always blaming things on me" she whined, trying to push me off the bed but I retaliated and we started shoving each other back and forth.

"You're. The. One. That. Does. Things. Randomly. So. It. Must. Be. You." I get out in between shoves. 

"Maybe. He's. Just. Apologizing. For. Being. Better. Looking. Than. You."

"You. Would. Be. The. One. To. Say. That. You. Minho. Lover."

She stopped shoving for a second and I think there was an faint blush on her face but I thought it might just be the light and took advantage of the situation, finally shoving her off the bed. Bad thing about that? She pulled me down with her which I know I would've done too had she been able to successfully push me off. I know that in itself isnt't that bad either but there's not that much room in Minho's room so although I tried to move away mid-fall, I ended up on top of her and that's when Minho finally walked in.

Maybe Min Hee's right and I'm the one that ought to be sorry because the look on Minho's face was not a good one. I knew I should've gone to practice.