Singing is Contagious

Things I'm Not Supposed To Do

 

*Minho POV*
 
I sit alone in my room, squeezing the stress ball Minhee had given me a while ago. She had joked back then that she gave it to me because she knows she'll drive me crazy eventually and if only she knew how much she does!
 
Why was she avoiding me? Is she angry? She could at least talk to me...And what was with that guy?! Calling me Kermin and being all over Minhee like that? He's one of her other best friends? I'm her best friend too and I don't do that! Not that I would mind but...ah stop that! Why do I keep thinking things like that?
 
Back to Kakeru, not only did he keep hugging Minhee and touching her but he would look over at me and smirk. He smirked at me! What is the heck is that?!
 
Then they almost left together too when they left the Mystery/SuJu practice together earlier. Do they have to go everywhere together?! I was so glad that Yuri-noona asked Minhee to go eat with her instead but Kakeru was left behind and smirked at me again before telling Minhee, "I'll see you later!" Then he kissed her on the cheek! He kissed her!
 
Why can he do that?! Why does Minhee let him?! What is the world coming to?! Okay...maybe I'm a little overdramatic...time to stop watching dramas with Key when he's bored. But then that means I might have to go out with Onew-hyung to eat chicken...that would be a lot of chicken consumption...I don't think any other human but Onew-hyung can do that.
 
Speaking of which...where is Onew-hyung? I walked out to the living room and saw Taemin playing video games with Jonghyun-hyung. "Hey, where's O-"
 
Just as I said that, the door flew open and Onew-hyung walked with his arm around someone's shoulders, singing. "Chicken nomu yeppeo~"
 
"No! Let's sing 'the chicken is the Lucifer'!" 
 
A third person came in with them and closed the door, shaking their head the whole time. "I'm sorry I couldn't stop them in time."
 
"Noona~" Taemin paused the game and ran to the third person.
 
Jonghyun yelled at him, "Ya! Oh, hey Minhee!"
 
"Hey Jjong."
 
Key walked in from his room after hearing Onew and Kakeru's - yes unfortunately the other person was Kakeru - rendition of "Lucifer."
 
"Even if I try to avoid you, I can't find a place to hide
I'm trapped by you, who I can't even deny
If it was really love, if you really loved me, don't do this to me
The chicken is the Lucifer!"
 
"What happened to him?!"
 
Minhee sighed, "apparently Kakeru and Onew saw each other in one of the hallways and they were both hungry so they went to eat chicken together. Somehow it turned into a drinking competition. Please don't ask me why. Trying to figure out Kakeru is bad enough but add on Onew Sangtae and I'm completely thrown off."
 
Kakeru latched onto Minhee since Onew-hyung fell over laughing. "That's not true~ you know a lot about me! You've even seen me ~"
 
"What?!" all of us yelled. 
 
She blushed and moved away from him. "It was an accident! It's not my fault he didn't lock his bedroom door...if you're changing you should lock the door!"
 
Kakeru laughed hysterically on the ground, "Hey Jinken!" 
 
"Kaken!"
 
I looked at Minhee for an explanation and she shrugged. At least she was acknowledging me now. "Minhee," Kakeru gasped. "You know that one! You're the one that told me Jinken remember? Jinki and chicken?"
 
"Shh!" she covered his mouth. "You told Onew that? He doesn't know about that!"
 
"Oh...opps. Well he might forget. Look at him, he's wayyyyy passssst tipsssssyyyyyyyy but I'm sober!"
 
"You're sober? And what color is the sky in your world?"
 
"I don't know. All I see is you," he tried to hug her again but she ducked out of his reach. I won't even lie and say that her moving away from him didn't make me smile.
 
"Aish, take a taxi home."
 
"Minhee! NOO!"
 
This guy...might actually confuse me more than Minhee or Onew-hyung. "Kakeru!"
 
"Yes?" he asked in a sickingly-sweet tone and he took her face into his hands. "Ah~ my pretty Minhee!" 
 
"You smell like alcohol and it makes me feel sick." Kakeru had a look of horror on his face and let go. He started crawling towards Onew and crying, "she hates me! Nobody loves me! I'm so alone in this world!"
 
Onew sat up suddenly. "No, we have chicken!" He pulled a drumstick out of his jacket pocket. Why was it in his pocket? "Dun da duh dun~ Chicken to the rescue!"
 
"Yay!" 
 
Just how drunk are they? "Noona, were you with them?" Taemin asked.
 
"No, this crazy one here," she pointed down at Kakeru, "likes to drunk dial me."
 
"He's done it before?"
 
"Not very often but yeah. Look at it this way, at least he's not singing Barney."
 
" 'I love you, you love me, we're a happy family, with a great big hug and a kiss from me to you~ won't you say you love me too~' "
 
"Damn it, I reminded him..."
 
"Minhee! Minhee-ah! Heehee!" Heehee? I haven't heard that one before...but it's pretty funny.
 
"What?!"
 
"I love you."
 
"That's nice."
 
"Aren't you going to say it back?"
 
"You're drunk." Does that mean she says it when he's sober?
 
"Nooooooo...well maybe just a little," he giggled. 
 
She rolled her eyes. "I was going to take him home but do you guys mind if he stays here? I don't want him to stay by himself when he's like this and I'm sure one drunk fool would love another drunk person as company anyway."
 
"Jinken's not a fool!"
 
"I know. You're the drunk fool. Onew's just lying there and you're...well you're Kakeru. At times, you act like a fool completely sober."
 
"I don't like you when you're drunk Heehee."
 
"You're the one that's drunk."
 
"Oh yeah, that's right! Hehe..."
 
Key put a hand on Minhee's shoulder and I could tell the evil look on his face worried her. "I think I speak for all of us when I say we don't mind Kakeru staying here...if you talk to Minho."
 
Minhee's jaw dropped in shock and once she got over the shock she glared at him. "Kim Kibum...you're almost as evil as I am."
 
"Almost? You've got nothing on me."
 
" 'they've got nothing on you baby~' Aw, dang it! Kakeru is getting to me."
 
"Ha!" he yelled and then laid down on the floor peacefully. "Nighty night~" 
 
"Should we move him?"
 
"Ah, it's okay. Leave him on the floor until he's in the way. It'll help him know better than to get so drunk he passes out."
 
"So are you gonna talk to Minho?" Jonghyun asked with his trademark cheesy grin.
 
"Well...Hyomin-unni did finally give me a break..."
 
"You should take a break with Minho!" Taemin suggested.
 
I looked at her hopefully and she still seemed hesitant. Please say yes...it's been too long since we talked to each other! "Yeah...that's a good idea I guess. You guys will take care of Kookoo here right?"
 
They all nodded in agreement and Minhee said fine before telling me to follow her to the car. I offered to drive since she hates driving but she said it was fine. She didn't say anything the whole time. She wouldn't even answer me when I asked her where we were going!
 
Minhee parked and got out of the car. I was so confused that I tried to get out of the car before unbuckling my seatbelt. I was hoping she'd laugh at me but she just stared blankly.
 
"I never noticed how quiet it is when you're not talking."
 
"..."
 
"Are you going to talk to me?" She stayed staring. "Part of the deal with Key-hyung is that you talk to me." I didn't want to use it against her but I had no choice with the ways things seemed to be going.
 
"I'm well aware of that Minho-ssi."
 
"Minho-ssi? Minhee, pleas-"
 
"Wait for me here."
 
"But-"
 
"I'll be back soon."
 
"I-"
 
"What's the matter? You can't trust me even that much either? Do you want my car keys to be sure or can you take my word this time?"
 
I knew she would be mad about me believing Krystal's lies. It was my own fault...why did I doubt her?! I remembered the day we were caught in the rain again and wished this situation in which she leaves mysteriously and only telling me to wait was more like that day...we were happier then. No drama, no scandals, just nothing but the two of us in the rain.
 
She came back quickly and told me to follow her inside, stopping in front of a guy I think was an employee there. I read his shirt, "Bounce With Me." Like the song "Run To You" from DJ DOC? "Bounce with me, bounce with me, bounce with me, bounce~" Oh...now I'm thinking in songs too! At least I didn't sing out loud.
 
"Are you leaving SHINee for DJ DOC?" Minhee smirked. Okay, so maybe I didn't sing that in my head... "This is him, Daejung-ssi."
 
"Oh, alright! I'll get him ready then. Sujin will help you over there."
 
"Okay, thanks."
 
"No problem."
 
Leaving me alone with Daejung, Minhee went to another employee and started talking to her. "Excuse me, what are you helping me get ready for?"
 
He laughed, "you'll see in due time. Your girlfriend over there told me not to tell you because it's a surprise."
 
"She's not my-nevermind."
 
"Alright then, so what size are you down there?"
 
"Excuse me? What did you say?!"
 
A/N: I have to thank Vengeance for giving me the idea for this chapter. I was going crazy trying to figure out how to start and then she mentioned Onew and the idea popped into my head! Thank you! Haha~ hope you guys enjoy it~