Feeling Jealous Part 2

Things I'm Not Supposed To Do

Who opened the door? I'm brushing my teeth here. Eh? Min Hee! Wait...why isn't she saying anything? She's just staring at me...and she's still in my shirt but now she's got bed head from sleeping. Ah...y bed head.

...Did I just think y? I did. Dang it, I'm doing it again. But the shirt and the hair, the sleepy look in her eyes that looks seductive for some reason-ah stop it! 

I turned away and kept brushing my teeth. I was just about finished when she had opened the door but I think I'll keep brushing. Please just walk away already! It was only a minute but it felt like ten had passed when she walked away after mumbling something about using the other bathroom to pee. So she just needed to pee? Haha why didn't she say so? She must be so out of it right now. 

Well for whatever reason she was staring, I'm glad she stopped. It made me feel so nervous that I thought my toothbrush suddenly turned into a vibrating toothbrush from all the shaking my hand was doing. Luckily she didn't notice. Taemin walks by and peeks in since Min Hee left the door open, "Hyung, where's Changmin-hyung?"

"Changmin-hyung's here?" I said after rinsing out my mouth.

"Yeah, he came in a few minutes ago."

"Oh, okay. Thanks for telling me."

"No problem," Taemin smiled at me. I wonder if fangirls ever get jealous over us living with each other haha 

I walked to my room, thinking about what to say to both Changmin-hyung and Min Hee. He must be here because of that text I sent last night but how do I explain that? Maybe I should tell him what I've been feeling lately. Changmin-hyung could help me figure it out right? As for Min Hee, I just don't know how to face her after being so erted last night. 

I only got worse as the night went on. After I texted Changmin-hyung my apology for thinking badly of him, I tried to move Min Hee into a proper sleeping position or, at least, one that won't hurt her back in the morning. As I tried to get an arm underneath her neck, she reached out and grabbed that arm., now using it as a pillow. 

-_- why are you doing this to me? I guess I also did it to myself. I could've let Jonghyun-hyung move you but...I don't want him to touch you. I don't want anyone to touch you. You need to be untouchable. To me, you are untouchable. I shouldn't touch you but you're lying on my arm. You're so close...

The smell of your hair is starting to intoxicate me from here. I breathe it in, trying to take in each note of your scent. Do you know that you move your lips when you sleep too? My eyes keep getting drawn there. Who knew you're dangerous even when you're asleep Min Hee? 

Your lips are less than a foot away from mine and the distance between them is getting shorter and shorter...I can feel your breath on my face when my phone goes off and I snap out of whatever trance I was under. As much as I think that I shouldn't have let myself get that close, I regret not getting any closer. Just a few more centimeters and...

I bury my face in your hair and take your scent in all over again, trying to focus on it rather than focus on your lips and what almost happened. I wrap my other arm around you and take joy in feeling the warmth of your body against mine. What would you say if you woke up to me hugging you like this? So close. So intimate.

I wonder if you would move away. I sigh and decide I need to move you and leave the room as fast as I can so I move away and go to move my arm under your legs so I can lift you properly but I hesitate. After what I just did, will I be okay with holding you in my arms? I might've kissed you had my phone not gone off. As I think about it, you suddenly sit up and I widened my eyes in shock, "Min Hee! I was just try..." I fade off as I notice that your eyes are still closed. You turned around and laid on my pillow, pulling my blanket over you, and you smile in your sleep. 

You really did just adjust yourself to sleep in a better position -_- I could've just left you on the bed and you would've moved eventually. Now how do I rationalize getting so close to you and almost taking your first kiss without your knowledge? 

That's why I can't face you this morning. That's why my hands were shaking so bad as you kept staring at me. That's why I'm afraid of what I'll do next if I'm left alone with you. What kind of person is afraid of being around their best friend?

I open the door to my bedroom, thinking that Min Hee's still in the other bathroom when I look inside my room and find out she's not. Instead, she's underneath Changmin-hyung on the floor. What the heck is going on?! 

Min Hee pushes Changmin-hyung off as he's making an effort to get up himself and her sudden push makes him fall back on her. Really now? Really? Why is this happening? Suddenly the thought that I should've texted Changmin-hyung to meet me in some dark alleyway instead of saying sorry last night pops into my head. My fists are clenched so tight I can almost feel the veins in my hands sticking out. 

"You idiot! Why did you fall on me?" 

"Me? Why did you pull me down?" 

"Because if I'm going down, you're going down with me!" 

"So you wanted me to fall on top of you?"

"No! What sane person would want that? How disgusting."

"Disgusting? Being in contact with you was disgusting!" 

"Then stay away from me!" 

"I will!"

Although I can now guess that they were bickering once again which led to a physical fight of some kind and they fell over, I still can't unclench my fists. Min Hee got up and stood behind me, saying. "he shoved me off the bed. Can you believe that?"

"You two were on the bed together?"

"Yes but we were just talking."

Changmin stood up then too, "I was waiting for you t-"

"I thought you had practice this morning and that's why we couldn't hang out before class today. What happened? Suddenly changed your mind because Min Hee was here?"

"What?" he asked me confused.. "I didn't even know she was here. What are you saying?"

"I..." I was being ridiculous. I know he came over because he was worried about the text. I knew it yet I said that. "You should go to practice hyung."

"Look about the text last night, wha-"

"It was nothing. I accidentally sent it." 

"Really? Bu-"

"Your practice hyung. Won't you be late?" I'm sorry hyung. I'm sorry I'm cutting you off like this. I'm sorry I'm confusing you. I'm sorry I'm jealous to the point that I can't control it and treat you like this. 

"Yeah, you're right," he smiled weakly at me. He knows I'm trying to make him leave, that I don't want to see him or talk to him. "I'll be leaving now then okay?"

"Alright. See you in class. Bye hyung."

Min Hee put a hand on my shoulder but I couldn't look at her. I heard her sigh when I refused to look up from the floor. "I think I'll go now too. I'm sorry I fell asleep last night and for walking in on you while you were brushing your teeth. I...I'll see you later."

I just nodded and she stood there with her hand on my shoulder for a second before she grabbed her bag and left too. Why didn't I tell her I didn't want her to leave? Especially when I looked out the window and saw her get into Changmin-hyung's car. I hit my head against the wall. I'm such an idiot. 

*Changmin's POV* 

"Wait!" I turned around and saw Min Hee running up to me. "Can you give me a ride to the company? I have a meeting there in an hour and I need to talk to our manager since I didn't go back last night."

"Yeah, sure." I couldn't say anything else with that look on her face. She always had that look on her face when she was upset or disappointed. She looked so crestfallen. I hate when she looks like that. 

We drove off and got stuck in traffic since it's the morning rush. Stupid traffic...I looked over at Min Hee and she hadn't looked up from her lap the whole time. "Min Hee-ah"

"Hmm?"

"Minho's always so moody before a test huh?"

"Hmm..."

"I'm sorry about your notes."

"It's okay." 

"Well, it's not like they were good anyway. How could they help anyone? Ah I guess only someone at as low a level as you are could huh? That must be why I didn't understand them."

"Oh really? That's nice," she replied absent-mindedly.

No insult? No comeback? No 'shut up tall freak. I can take better notes than you any day?' Are you that shook-up over Minho? I'm right here next to you. Open to insults. Open to anything that involves you at this moment and you can't stop tracing the edge of Minho's shirt. I get nothing. No acknowledgment. Nothing.

He doesn't even know about his feelings for you. I know my feelings just fine! Loud and clear! I know how I feel! He has no clue how he feels and neither do you. You both are so clueless that I want to scream. Scream into your ears until you go deaf from my voice yet I don't. I make another attempt to get your attention instead, even though it's a ridiculous attempt. If it doesn't get your attention, I don't know what will. 

"I saw an interesting video the other day." 

"Okay."

"Yeah, it was about a horse and a man. The horse was magical and could talk but only the man could understand him. He kept wondering why-"

"Changmin." 

You actually said my name for once! You really are shook-up... "Yes?"

"I don't want to know about what freaky s you watch or your fake reasons for why Minho's angry or anything else okay? Just...not today, Changmin. Not today."

"Alright." 

As soon as I parked the car in the underground parking lot of the SM building, Min Hee jumped out and thanked me for the ride before running off. As I watched her run away, I thought about how long she's plans on running.

*Regular POV (which is Minho's POV)* 

Half an hour after Changmin-hyung and Min Hee left, I was sitting down at the table, eating the weird looking ramyun Taemin made for me as he sat across from me in anticipation. "Well how is it?" he asked anviously. 

"It's...good."

"Minho-hyung," he said, suddenly taking the bowl away from me. "I didn't even fully cook the noodles and I put milk in it. I just wanted to test how you're feeling because you've been acting weird since last night and I'm sure that something's wrong since you just ate some of my ramyun without any hesitation." 

"I know. Truth is, Taemin, I think something's been wrong with me for a long time and I don't know what to do."

"Hyung, it's not something you're supposed to figure out or understand. It's not some game you win or lose at. It's just-"

"What's the it you're talking about?"

"That...you have to find that out on your own. But first you might want to study for your test since you didn't study at all last night and I'm going to throw away this ramyun," Taemin laughed. "I can't believe you took a bite of it! I can't wait to tell everyone else hehe."

He walked away, leaving me there, and I thought that Taemin's really gotten too wise for me if he knows what's wrong with me when I don't. I'm jealous, I know that much. But why?

A  few hours later, I was at the university and hiding out on the fire escape near my class. I normally would go in and talk with Min Hee and Changmin before class starts because all of us normally arrive around the same time but I couldn't. I waited until the last minute to enter the classroom and Min Hee and Changmin were sitting in their seat near the front together. 

Why did our sunsengnim give them seats together? Why did she give me a seat so far away from them? Why did she separate us? I was Min Hee's best friend first. I know more about her. I spend more time with her than he does. I understand her better. 

I deserve that seat. I should be next to Min Hee. It shouldn't be Changmin-hyung but at the same time I shouldn't be thinking this way. I shouldn't be so jealous. It's starting to consume me. Can you be infected with jealousy? If so, then I'm definitely infected.