#7

Things I'm Not Supposed To Do

The Seventh Thing I Shouldn't Do: Fighting

"Ya~"

"I don't answer to 'ya~' "

"You do when Changmin-hyung calls you."

"You want our relationship to be the same as the one between me and the tall freak?"

"Do you?"

"Me? You're the one that's been avoiding me since this morning and being angry for no apparent reason. You're acting almost as unreasonable as Changmin!"

"Changmin huh?"

"Well I'm a little confused considering that today instead of you waiting for me after class, Changmin was the one nice enough to do that. Do you guys want to switch roles or something?"

"It looks like you two are already becoming best friends."

"So you want to be the new 'tall freak?' Fine then or better yet you can be the overcompetitive rapper of SHINee that can't sing as well as the tall freak."

"What is wrong with you?!" 

"You! You're what's wrong with me! You....you...you jerk!" 

"I'm a jerk? What have I been doing?"

"Are you dense? I said you've been avoiding me since this morning and you're angry for no reason! You are turning into the 'tall freak' if you can't comprehend that."

"Why don't you go to him then?"

"Fine! And you can go to Yuri-ssi!"

"Fine!"

That fight always repeats itself in my head...Minhee and I had a fight...we actually fought. We don't fight with each other! Unless it's on the soccer field...or some other game but that's something entirely different. We're just competitive people but we don't fight.

Regardless, she offended me. How could she compare my vocals to Changmin-hyung? I know my singing isn't up to his level but she didn't have to say it like that! That's like me comparing her to Kamiko-noona. She can't sing near Kamiko-noona's level. She's the rapper in her group too. She can't sing like that either so why call me out on it?

Great, now I'm doing the same thing she did to me. I was taught not to fight fire with fire but look at me. I didn't say it but I still thought it...like when I checked Minhee out. Ah don't think about that Minho! You idiot...

I avoided her again after that fight and I did so for days so I didn't notice that there was no need to avoid her. She wasn't there. I didn't see her anywhere. I just thought she was avoiding me too.

I didn't see her in school either. I had no idea that she had applied for a short leave of absence. I only found out because someone in our class asked Changmin-hyung where she was. He told that person that Minhee was preparing with Mystery for SM Town and other pending projects so she's in Japan for now. She had left Korea?! I didn't even hear about it!

Has the fight bothered her that much that she can't even tell me she's leaving the country?! She should at least tell me that! When did Mystery even leave?

I had to find out so I stopped Changmin-hyung on his way out the door. I haven't been able to talk to him much lately and I thought he'd be happy to have the chance to talk for once but, surprisingly, he glared at me. "Hyung, what's wrong?"

"What's wrong? You're actually asking?"

"What?!"

"You and Minhee! You two are giving me a headache!"

He's seen her? "Eh?"

"You're supposed to be the best friend while I'm the evil one, don't you get that? Now that you're avoiding her, she won't even argue with me. Now she just...well she doesn't fight with me!"

He has seen her...wait, he cares because she won't argue with him? "I'm sorry for cutting down on the amount of flirting you two do then!" 

"Don't be ridiculous Minho! I said 'fight,' not 'flirt.' "

"What's the difference for you two?"

Changmin-hyung took a deep breath before forcing himself to 'calmly' say, "don't get blinded by your jealousy again and remember that before anything else, you two are best friends. Whatever else you guys are...is whatever but if you don't watch out, you'll lose her as everything she is to you. Best friend, whatever."

"What does that mean?" 

"It means...be careful."

Is Changmin-hyung...is he trying to tell me he wants Minhee?! Before I could ask, he already walked away and Jonghyun came running down the hallway, complaining about needing to leave right away or we'll be late for our schedule that day."Lose her as everything she is to you." What is that supposed to mean? What is Minhee to me anyway?

I listen to her rants whenever she's irritated. I play games with her when she's bored. I hug her when she misses her family and friends. I make her laugh when she wants to cry. I let her steal my mp3 all the time even though I'm obviously listening to it.

 

Although I'm not the SHINee member into fashion, I don't tune her out when she tells me what she bought that day. I give her my jacket when she's cold. I smile at her so she doesn't feel alone. I look out for her. I care about her. I lo-

 

Whoa! What was I about to say? ...

 

That's not possible...and that's not what I need to focus on at the moment! Changmin-hyung said Min Hee's not fighting with him...doesn't that mean that something's wrong? Something must be wrong...something's wrong and I'm not there for her. What kind of best friend am I? Changmin-hyung had a point.

 

What was I doing? Avoiding her because she slipped up just once and trying to make her suffer. She is suffering. I don't know why but I'm sure that she is. Otherwise she would've called and apologized or at least told me somehow about leaving to Japan for a while, even if it was through Taemin or anyone else. No...when Min Hee is truly devastated...she shuts out everyone. We both do that but we don't shut each other out. 

 

Now I've become someone she shuts out as well and it's a gutwrenching feeling.

 

*Min Hee POV*

 

I miss him...I won't deny it. I can't deny it. I miss Minho. I want him by my side. I want to see him. I want to hear his voice. I want things to be okay between us; to go back to the way they were before. 

 

The way they were when we didn't fight...I can't believe I told him he can't sing like the tall freak...who can sing like that anyway? The tall freak is a freak after all. Tall is only half of him. The other half is a "freak." 

 

I want to take it all back. I hate this...not talking to him...even if he's mad...even if he doesn't want to see me...at least I could see him but, no, I'm miles away in Japan. I get to see my old members again. That's a good point and they're like my Japanese family but yet I still feel lonely.

 

Not to mention...my grandmother called me the day before we left. All she does is yell at me for becoming an idol...I can't blame her. My main focus is supposed to be my education and it was when I went to Japan for my study abroad program but I couldn't help it when I joined the dance group. I've always wanted to be an performer. This is my dream. How can I not do this? I'm happy this way.

 

But that's good enough. It's never good enough.I'm never good enough. All I wanted after hearing her voice scolding me was to hear Minho's voice telling me it's okay but how could I ask him to comfort me after what I said? After I fought with him for no real reason at all? When I probably really hurt him?

 

I know how hard he's trying to improve overall as an idol but I went there. Sure, I always go there when I argue with the tall freak but not with Minho. He's Minho. How could I do that?

 

Speaking of which, I can't believe the tall freak was the one that found me and comforted me when I was freaking out over my grandmother's phone call. Why was he so nice to me? If he was cruel...maybe I wouldn't feel as guilty about wishing that it was Minho hugging me as I cried instead of Changmin. 

 

A/N: Ah~ it's been a while huh? I think this has been the longest interval between updates since I started the story hehe~ sorry but I started school this week! Also I started writing another version of this story for those who like R-rated stuff ;) 

 

http://www.asianfanfics.com/story/view/20732/crossing-the-line-minho

 

There are some similarities between the two stories but some obvious differences ;) haha XD

 

Oh! Lastly, sorry if this chapter isn't as good. For some reason, I feel like it's one of my worst so far >_< but I need this to move on to the next part! Thanks for reading! ^_^