Trust Me

Things I'm Not Supposed To Do

 

A/N: Hehe again I couldn't resist with the picture! I love macros WAY too much lately XD 
 
*Third Person POV*
 
Minho backed away from Daejung and looked at him oddly. "Why would you want to know that?" He thought that Daejung was indirectly hitting on him or that Minhee planned something outrageous. To Minho, either one was equally likely.
 
Daejung laughed, shaking his head and walking away. Is he not going to answer my question? Daejung came back with a few harnesses in his hand and Minho knew what Minhee brought him here to do.
 
A few minutes later, when Minho and Minhee were in the same room again without Sujin or Daejung who had conveniently left, he looked at her and said "why are we doing this? You're afraid of heights!" 
 
"Who said I'm doing it?"
 
"So I'm the only one rock-climbing?"
 
"Yes."
 
"Eh? Why only me? And why rock-climbing?"
 
"Minho, do you know what the past few weeks have felt like? I'm aware you've been angry and felt betrayed until you found out that Krystal was lying." Minho wondered how she knew about that but didn't say a word. "But I felt betrayed too. We're supposed to be best friends but you believe those stupid articles and Krystal instead of even asking me! Minho, you should've at least given me a chance to explain but you didn't." 
 
Turning away abruptly, Minhee continued. "I trust you with practically everything...and you couldn't do that in return even though you know very well how hard it is for me to trust people. How am I supposed to feel Minho? I needed you and you're not there. Instead, you're angry and won't listen to me. 
 
If you're not going to believe in my word over some other person's - over someone who's not as close to you as you say I am - then don't act like you're going to believe in me! If you're going to be cold and ignore me, then don't be so nice to me in the first place! If you're not going to be there for me, then don't let me think I can always count on you! If you're just going to leave me, then-" 
 
She couldn't finish her sentence. Even if one of her sobs hadn't escaped her, she didn't want to say those last few words. She didn't even want to think them. 
 
Minho tried to turn her around to face him again but Minhee pushed his hands away. "No! D...d-don't." she managed to get out in between hiccups. As he watched her struggle to stop crying, Minho wanted to punch himself. It was not often that Minhee breaks down like that and to think that he was the one that made her that way broke his heart. He wanted to cry with her but thought it would be selfish of him.
 
"Minhee..."
 
"Let's not call each other so intimately right now." Minhee wiped her face dry and finally looked at him. Although Minhee's eyes were clearly still b with tears and turning a bright red, there was a harsh glare evident in them. "At this moment, you, Choi Minho, are not my best friend."
 
Minho wanted to yell at her but held it in. The fact that she could say something like that to him was astounding. "What are you saying?" 
 
"All kinds of relationships are built on trust. You didn't trust me so now I don't trust you. I don't trust anyone that doesn't trust me in return. I am however willing to give you a chance...unlike what you did the day the scandal got out."
 
"What do I have to do?" Yes, Minho was deeply hurt by what Minhee just said but he knew he had to agree. Minhee would and will forgive him regardless. Minho was quite sure of that but she wouldn't be able to get over it if he refused her. A rush of determination surged into him and he kept the anxiety he was feeling hidden.
 
"If you climb all the way to the top of the rock-climbing wall, then I'll see you as my best friend again."
 
He eyed her quizzically. "That's it?"
 
"Yeah but there are two conditions." He waited for her answer and Minhee smiled. It was a fake smile that made Minho wince. "You have to do it blindfolded and the only way you'll know where to go is by following my directions."
 
"What?! That's crazy! How do I know you won't give me the wrong directions anyway?"
 
It was the wrong thing to say and Minho regretted it as soon as he said it especially after seeing the slight change in her facial expression. The reason why Minhee was making him do this suddenly dawned on him as she said, "looks like you're just going to have to trust me."