Things I'm Not Supposed To Do - Min Hee POV 2

Things I'm Not Supposed To Do

I shouldn't be distracted so easily. And definitely not by my best friend. Minho why do I think about you so much? Why are you always on my mind? Is it because we're best friends or is there another reason?

I didn't get to study for the test even though Changmin gave me back my notes a while ago because I kept thinking about what happened in the morning. Why was Minho so angry? He didn't even look at me. 

Was it because I fell asleep on him? Because I stared at him too long while he was brushing his teeth? Because Changmin and I were arguing and fell on each other? Why would that bother him though? We always fight. Even if we didn't fight like that in our free time, the fans love it so we would just fight on stage if anything. 

It's more unusual for us to get along so why was he upset? Ah could it be that it's because I was wearing his shirt? But he's the one that gave it to me...maybe he just wanted us out of his room. I don't know! >_<

How angry are you Minho? You won't even come into the classroom yet...I know you're here though. I saw you walk into the building before me yet...

I want to go find you. I know I can but I don't know if I should. Would you become angrier if I found you? But you're always there for me when I need you. I want to do the same. Didn't you say that when you're upset, I'm the one that notices first? I've noticed Minho. I notice pretty much everything about you. I notice too much sometimes. 

I notice the way you bite your lip when you're nervous. I notice he way you furrow your eyebrows when you're trying to figure something out. I notice the way you stick your tongue out when you're embarrassed and how different it is from when you stick out your tongue when you're focusing on something. I notice the way your jaw starts to lock when you're holding yourself back. I notice anything as long as it has to do with you. Why is that?

But now I'm starting to doubt if I really do notice things about you because I think you've been looking at me weirdly recently. That could just be my hopeful thinking. Hopeful thinking that you'll look at me in that way; the same way I've been looking at you recently too.

I look around the classroom one last time before class is supposed to start and you've just walked in. Do you really not want to see me that bad that you wait until you're barely on time for class?

The test passed by so quickly that I forget what the questions were as soon as I finished. I peeked over at Changmin who's sleeping on his test and poke his cheek. He says, "not tonight Yoochun" and I immediately think that I have to ask Yoochun what that means haha

When I laughed, our teacher went "shh" but she laughed along with me after doing so. Why she supports ChangMinHee so much I don't know but it might just be that we entertain her during class a lot. I poked Changmin again out of boredom and he stirred a little bit. Slightly opening one eye and seeing me, he kicked me under our desks. 

"Ow!" I couldn't hold in the yell and apologized to the class, who was so used to things like this happening with me and Changmin that most of them just smiled and kept working on their test or whatever they were doing. 

Changmin smirked at me and I pinched his ear. He was able to hold in his yell. I guess he has better self-restaint but he couldn't hold in the pain because he started rubbing his ear and grimacing. Hehe that's what he gets. 

I looked back at Minho and, to my surprise, he was looking over here but he didn't look happy. Instead, he looked angrier than this morning. What is it?! 

When we were allowed to leave for the day, Minho sped out the door and I knew there's no way I would be able to catch up with him so I just stood there, hoping he'd turn back and realize he'd left me behind. Why did that thought make me want to cry?

Someone flicked my forehead and I slapped their hand away, "ya!"

"What? You didn't answer me when I called you."

"So that means flick my forehead?"

"It was a good opportunity."

I knew he wanted to fight but I wasn't feeling up for it. "What do you want Changmin?"

"Just worried."

"What?"

"Nothing."

"Then leave me alone."

"Why would I do that when you're most prime for being picked on right now since you're clearly distracted?"

"Well, isn't that fun for you then? Just go play with yourself."

"I know you meant that in a different way but I'm going to let it slide and be nice."

"For once?"

"I'm a nice person!"

"I know."

He was surprised that I agreed with him. Changmin is nice. It's just that we're usually not nice to each other. "Look, I was just wondering if you need a ride back to the company. I heard that we're supposed to be discussing the SM Town performances today." 

"Yeah...thanks for asking."

"You're welcome." This may be one of the nicest conversations we've had in a long time haha

So I got into Changmin's car for the second time that day to go to the same place we went to earlier. Wow, why does my life seem so monotonous at the moment?

"I heard that your solo's going to be a group performance instead. Yoochun-hyung heard it from Yumi-noona." I heard him but, for some reason, couldn't respond. "Uh...I think Junsu-hyung is worried about performing 'Intoxication.' I think it'll be okay but he was lying on the bathroom counter again last night." 

As funny as that last comment was, I still couldn't bring myself to say anything and he didn't force me to. Instead, Changmin stayed silent as well. It was a few minutes later that I noticed Changmin had gone into a fast food place's drive thru. He got a hat and pair of sunglasses from his back seat and put them on. Then he threw a sweater over my head and said to cover my face until he says it's clear. 

I wanted to say no but it's obvious I need to stay hidden. We are both idols after all. It'd be bad to be seen together too although I'm sure ChangMinHee fans, including our teacher haha, would be happy. Our pairing name is a little weird if you ask me. ChangMinHee. That sounds like someone tried to say both of our names at the same time and forgot a "min" or they were trying to call Changmin and then decided to call me instead.

While I was having that little mind discussion with myself over our couple name, Changmin shoved something into my hand and said, "just a few more seconds...Alright coast is clear. You can pull the sweater off."

"Wha-" I stopped after I could see what was in my hand. It was an ice cream cone. Changmin knows about my obsession with ice cream too? Well I have been compared to Onew before haha. "...thank you."

He glanced over at me and I could see a small smile creeping onto his face. Then he shoved his ice cream cone in front of my face. "I only bought you one because I wanted one too. Hold it for me!" 

"Okay." The way the lie reflected from his was so obvious it was kinda cute in a way. So Changmin can have his sweet moments too. This is one of the reasons exactly why I can't really hate him. I happily ate mine as he continued on driving to the company. 

I saw his ice cream starting to drip out of the corner of my eye and I thought about Minho again. This was starting to feel like deja vu and yet not at the same time. It was a totally different feeling but I can't put it into words. "Ya, tall freak, your ice cream is starting to drip."

"What? Don't let it drip?"

"What do you want me to do?" I know I Minho's ice cream for him when it dripped that one time but I couldn't do that for Changmin. It just felt...wrong. At least Minho and I are closer than me and Changmin.

"Ah fine, hold it out for me then."

"Eh?"

"Hold it out in front of me!"

"Ah...okay..."

I put the ice cream in front of his lips and he yelled again, "ya! Closer you idiot!"

"Okay!" I yelled back, "geez, you jerk. Here!" 

...alright, I'll admit I did that on purpose, holding his ice cream too far from him but like he would say and, in fact, he did say earlier it was an opportunity. 

He started eating it regularly from the top and I scolded him, "I'm not holding it so you can eat it. Just stop the dripping!" 

"Killjoy. You're not the only person in the world that likes ice cream you know?" He started to the dripping ice cream and I felt his tongue graze my hand. 

"Ya!" I yelled again, pulling my hand back. 

"What?"

"N-nothing. Never mind." 

"Whatever."

That felt so weird and I can't help but think that the sensation of his tongue on my hand was too strong. I think I'm just going to blame that fact that my hand is cold because I've been holding ice cream and his tongue is warm. Yeah, that's why it surprised me. That's all.

When we got to the SM building a few minutes later, he took back his ice cream and finished it. He was done before I was and he pretended to take mine too. "Hey! My ice cream! You gave it to me. No take-backs!"

"No take-backs?" he asked amused. "You really are a five-year-old."

"So?" I stuck my tongue out at him. 

"Nothing. Why don't you finish your ice cream before arguing with me? You'll need the energy to keep up with me but, then again, you can never keep up."

"I don't need extra energy to keep up with you. I'm like the tortoise in that story. I could take my precious time and still beat you."

"In this situation, that story doesn't apply because I'm already done."

"Then you don't appreciate ice cream enough to eat it slowly."

Instead of saying something back and keeping our argument alive, he smiled at me. Shim Changmin smiling at me? Was there something special in his ice cream? "What?" I asked him, gradually getting creeped out.

"Nothing. Just that you're getting back to normal already and it only took ice cream. Such a little kid."

"Huh? Oh forget it. I don't want to know. You're weird."

"Coming from you?"

"I know I'm weird."

"At least you know."

"Unlike some people."

"Are you talking about me?"

"Do you have any other lame disguises?"

"Lame? My hat and sunglasses are not lame!"

"Right..."

"Well I do have something else. I bet you can't say these are lame." 

"What?" He pulled out another pair of glasses and I couldn't help but burst out laughing. Changmin actually had a pair of those classic, giant nerd glasses. Who knew we had something else in common? He started doing poses and it only made me laugh even harder. "Wow, that's dead y you tall freak."

"Then it's 'y tall freak' to you now."

"No thanks." He took them off and he got out of the car, which I took as a cue to get out as well. 

"You say I can't appreciate ice cream but you can't appreciate my iness. That's a bigger offense, shortie."

"You pabo (stupid) tall freak, I most definitely appreciate iness. It's just that you have none to appreciate in my eyes."

"And you're back again."

"What?"

"Nothing."

"I hate when you say it's nothing."

"You do it more than me."

"So?"

Changmin came around the car and pulled me towards him, giving me a noogie. "Gaki (brat)," he called me in Japanese.

" (ert)." 

What I wanted to say though was "ii tomodachi" (good friend) but that'll be our little secret.