#3

Things I'm Not Supposed To Do

The Third Thing I'm Not Supposed to Do: Being Too Competitive

Within the first few times we talked, as in really talked, I knew a lot about Min Hee including the fact that she loves to play soccer so I invited her to play with me and a few friends sometimes. The first time, I coddled her. I just didn't want her to get hurt but then she showed me how wrong I was in protecting her. I protected her too much that I completely missed when she stole the ball from me and passed it up to another forward on her team. He scored and I stared at her in shock. "Don't you remember Minho? I'm only one year younger than you. I'm not some little kid you need to watch over." 

"I guess not! You won't be able to do that next time."

"Wanna bet?"

"It wouldn't be a bet to me because I already know the outcome."

"If that's what you'd like to believe." 

I was wrong, she did steal the ball again...and again...and again the whole game. I couldn't take it! It was driving me crazy! She would just come out of nowhere and steal the ball! What is she? A ninja?!

Eventually, everyone had to go since it was getting late but I wanted to play one-on-one with Min Hee and she agreed after calling me a sore loser. It's sadly, devastatingly true...I lost a game! All because I couldn't score since Min Hee always stole the ball from me! Ah, okay Minho, calm down. Just a game...it happened a long time ago. Calm down! 

Anyway, we played on half the field to keep it easier and I was winning so far until Min Hee got her second wind. She was practically unstoppable. She started matching me goal for goal and then some. We were only playing up to 13 goals (as decided by her since it's her favorite number haha) and she was about to win the game but I dove for the ball and stopped her, scoring the goal myself seconds later. She rolled her eyes and applauded me for winning. 

I eyed her suspiciously, "did you let me win?"

"Now why would I do that?"

"Because you know I wouldn't stop playing until I win."

"Let's just go with you beat me okay?"

"Because I'm the better player," I gloated for once.

She scoffed, "better player?" Snatching the ball out of my hands as we walked towards the car, she circled me, "if you're the better player how come I'm able to keep stealing the ball from you? See, even now I can do it hehe."

Min Hee had pricked a nerve and I started chasing her. She put the soccer ball back down on the ground and started mocking me with it. I stuck my foot in between her feet and kicked it away but she tripped over my leg. I fell down with her to break her fall, which I did. 

"Minho! Are you okay? You idiot! Why'd you do that? Look at your arm now..."

"My arm's fine. It's just going to be a bit sore since someone's big head fell on it."

She clutched her head, pouting. "My head's not that big..."

"Haha! I know. 'I just wanted to tease you.' "

"Oh ha ha, Choi Minho. Really funny," she stuck her tongue out at me and I did the same back. Every time I'm with her, I act so childish. But then again, Min Hee herself is very childish. Through this whole conversation, Min Hee was leaning over me and I couldn't help but notice her lips just hovering above me. She said something else to me but I didn't hear.

"Choi Minho! Ya~! Do you want me to drive? What are you doing spacing out down there? Hello! Paging Choi Minho! Paging Flaming Charisma! Paging the over-competitive sore loser!"

That got my attention. "Ya! You're the one that lost."

"Yes, you're right. Now come on before we get in trouble for not being back at our own dorms yet."

I checked my watch, "Dang it! Hurry! Get in the car! Go, get in!" I started pushing her and she swatted me away.

"Okay, okay! Jeez, you were the one getting all sloth-like on the floor and now you're rushing me. I'm supposed to be the bi-polar one." 

"No time! Let's go!" 

Even so, we stopped for ice cream on the way back to her dorm because it's her favorite. I knew I had to be back already and I was the one rushing her but I wanted to spend more time with her. Also, ice cream sounded really good at the time haha

I had parked the car on the side of an empty street near her dorm and she handed me back my ice cream. I inspected it and then glared at her, "did you my ice cream?"

"You wish I did," she said sticking her tongue out at me again. She loves doing that, even for no reason. 

For some reason, that sentence made me a little nervous. "W-why would I want that?" I stuttered slightly. "I mean, now your s-saliva is all over it."

"Oh goodness Minho! I only one side because it was dripping! Are you happy now? Jeez...."

"Oh..." 

"Yeah, 'oh' you paranoid person," she laughed. "What are we? Third graders? Do my 'cooties' disgust you?"

"No! I-"

"Is it any different from me drinking from the same cup or bottle as you?"

"Hey, in ice cream, there's more saliva."

"Well, I'm sorry I can't de-saliva your ice cream for you."

"De-saliva? Where do you get these things?"

"My brain. Don't you know? It's pretty big. That's why my head is big you meanie..."

"I didn't mean it. You have...an average size head?"

"Gee, thanks," she replied with a dull look on her face.

"Sorry! There's not really another way to put it. What should I say? At least your head's not the size of an alien's or egg-shaped?"

"Ah, Adam Sandler has an egg-shaped head."

"Adam Sandler?"

"American comedian."

"Oh yeah that's right...sorry about your head."

"It's okay...I think you have a weird ."

"What?!"

"What do you mean what? Girls check guys out too, even if you're my best friend. Don't you check out girls?"

"Not lately..." just your lips earlier and even now as you your ice cream. I won't go in detail what I'm thinking about there...

"...are you gay Minho?"

"What?!"

"It's an honest question..." she stated, looking down innocently.

"But is it necessary? No, I'm not gay!"

"Okay then."

"Are you a lesbian?"

"No." Why am I more offended by the question than she is? "But I do check out girls. I don't discriminate by gender keke." That's probably why. Min Hee, your openness about things sometimes...

"Just...eat your ice cream." She laughed at me but did as I said. 

About 30 seconds of silence passed before she randomly told me, "You know, Minho, I'm glad you were my first best friend in Korea." 

"I am?"

"Hey," she playfully shoved me. "Don't act like you don't know to get me to say more. It's already embarrassing as it is now."

She knew I wanted to hear it say it again haha~ Just like her to know. "Why? You're my best friend. I'm your best friend. Nothing embarrassing there."

"I suppose so. Ah except..."

"Except what?" 

"You have ice cream on the side of your mouth."

"Where?" I asked, rubbing my mouth. I didn't feel anything...

She reached out and swiped the side of my mouth, leaving a trail of really cold ice cream, "there!" 

"Ya! You!" I tried to stuff what ice cream I had left onto her face but she fought back. In the end, both of us had ice cream on our faces, in our hair, and on our clothes...Manager hyung was going to kill me for having an ice cream fight in his car. I looked over at Min Hee and she seemed worried. "What's wrong?"

"I was just thinking about how we wasted the rest of our ice cream...it was good ice cream you know."

I tried to stifle my laughter but couldn't and ended up laughing for almost three whole minutes. She glared and huffed at me once I was done. "What? Oh come on! That was funny! You and your ice cream. It's like Onew-hyung and his chicken."

"Which is why he and I understand each other! I'm sure he would've agreed with me instead of laughing."

"I'm not Onew-hyung so I laughed so there."

"I know you're not Onew-oppa...he's nicer. Mehrong~" *Mehrong is the same as sticking your tongue out in Korea*

"Then go be his best friend mehrong~" 

"Nah, you like being first anyway right?"

"...just don't say Onew's name like that."

"Eh? Why? ...Minho?" I knew she wanted me to answer but I was staring at the ice cream left on her chin, just underneath . I wiped it away slowly and was thinking about how her lips must taste like ice cream right now when Min Hee abruptly pulled my hand away, pretending to look at the time when my watch is on my other arm. "Ah! We have to go! It's so late!" 

It was then I realized how competitive I was in a twisted way when it came to Min Hee...I wanted to be first to her in everything. First best friend (in Korea), first boyfriend, and, after staring at her lips so much, her first kiss. I'm first. No one else.