Chapter 9

I'm WHOSE?!

-Not Again-

 

“What?” Jenny and Eunji exclaimed at the same time to the busybody Suho.

 

Eunji looked at Suho like he was some crazy guy or something while Jenny looked at him with shocked expression, cannot believe his decision.

 

Is he being real?

 

“Really?” Chanyeol asked excitedly broke the awkward silence between them. “Are you sure you want to Exchange Jenny, with… her?” He pointed at Eunji dejectedly.

 

Yah, what’s the big change of expression when pointing at me after pointing Jenny?

 

“Yes.” Suho answered coolly. But, Eunji saw Jenny expression was totally opposed his idea.

 

“I mean, really, really?” Chanyeol asked again eyeing Jeny. “Jenny doesn’t look quite please.”

 

“No, she’s good.” Suho assured before turned to Jenny and hold her shoulder. “Right, Jenny?”

 

“Uh…” She looked at him with doubt expression. She doesn’t know what to answer him, she didn’t want of course. Who would want to be partnered with the troublemaker Chanyeol? But seeing the anticipating face of Suho, she doesn’t know how to answer him.

 

“Jenny?” Suho called her.

 

Eunji pleadingly hope Jenny will reject that brilliantly stupid idea.

 

“Y-yes sure.” She finally answered.

 

“Yes!” Chanyeol scream excitedly.

 

No! Eunji silently screamed in despair. She then, turned to the guy who’s her partner. He smiled at her innocently. That stupid little innocent smile. What’s wrong with him actually? Didn’t he forget his promise?

 

“Dude, I got this hot Jenny as partnered.” Chanyeol screamed loudly and pulled Jenny arm to the air. “Jealous huh? You should, you should, you should, you too.”  He said proudly and pointing out the male students who eyed him.

 

Suho chuckled and pulled Jenny hand down and away from Chanyeol grasp. “Cut it off.” He said to Chanyeol who tried to create commotion. Jenny quickly hid behind Suho, slightly embarrassed. “I warn you, try doing something funny to her..”

 

“Alright, alright. I got it.” Chanyeol cut him. “I’m not that dumb okay. After all, that girl is Kris’ girl. And I still love my life. I’m not going to do something that can harm my life.”

 

“O-of course.” Suho nodded to some extent not so sure that he actually agreed about Chanyeol statement. But, he quickly shook it away. “At least you’re aware about that.”

 

“Now everyone agree. Let’s switch.” Suho said before messed with Jenny hair. “Do your best, okay?” He smiled at her before took Eunji wrist and pulled her away From Jenny and Chanyeol.

 

“Yah, what are you doing? I’m not agreeing with this.” Eunji hissed at Suho.

 

“Shut up, just do as I say.” He dragged her further to the end of the pool where there less people.

 

“I said no—“ She being cut off when he put his palm on silent her.

 

Jenny watched they go, her eyes narrowed to the part where Suho held Eunji wrist. She bit her lips somewhat irritated by it.

 

“Jenny, what’s just happening? Did Suho just choose her over you?” Hyeri asked as she approached her best friend, Jenny. Before Kai, Hyeri’s partner joined them.

 

Jenny didn’t answered she just continue to stare at Suho and Eunji while her arms warp around her chest.

 

Hyeri eyed Kai and signaling him, ‘what the hell is happening?’ Kai lifted his shoulder, signaling her back that he doesn’t have a clue too.

 

“Suho you big jerk.” Jenny muttered. “Let’s go Chanyeol. We have to win this tournament.” She quickly put on her goggle and jumped into the pool.

 

“I already plan on it.” Then Chanyeol jumped in too.

 

“What’s wrong with them actually?” Kai said while sneakily put his arm around Hyeri’s leans shoulder. Well this girl is not bad either, she got the look also the attention from guys. But she never pays attention to them. Even her nickname is Ice Queen. Kai didn’t understand about that though. But it’s not wrong to try on her right?

 

“Hand.” Hyeri stated sternly.

 

“I’m sorry,” Kai quickly pulled his hand. “I didn’t mean…”

 

“Let’s practice.” She cut him before went to free spot.

 

, this girl, so damn cold, just like her nickname. I already regret for choosing her anyway. 

 

He snort before slowly followed her.

 

-

 

“Kim Suho, I trust you. Why are doing this to me now?” She asked as they arrive at the end of the pool. She rubbed her forehead very disappointed by Suho action just now. “Looked what you have done now. Everyone are looking at us. How many times did you want me to remind you that I want a peace life and you are not part of it. Don’t you understand?”

 

“Ouch. That hurt.” He put his palm on his chest before act like being shot and fell into the pool pretending he was dead.

 

Eunji exhaled loudly try to calm her anger. Then Suho emerged from the water and wipe the water from her face before flip his hair to the back from covering his face. Eunji can see that almost all the girl student who watched him giggling in pleasure.

 

What is this? Shampoo commercial?

 

“That's refreshing.” He smiled at her.

 

She ignored him before said. “I’m not kidding here, Kim Suho.” Eunji tried to sound normal with arms on her chest tighten in annoyed.

 

He smiled slowly disappear, and then swam back to her, put his arms on the pool to support his body “I heard it.” He looked up at her.

 

She sighed and squatted in front of him so they can converse in lower tone.

 

“Then why are you still doing this…”

 

“Did you actually believe him?” He asked while Eunji face turned to frowned. Didn’t catch what the guy in front of her is referring to.

 

“What are you talking about now?”

 

“I talk about Chanyeol. Did you actually believe his promise?” He asked.

 

Is this guy just eavesdropping her conversation with Chanyeol just now? That’s really rude!

 

“It’s none of your business, Kim Suho.” She hissed him angrily.

 

“So, you did believe him?”

 

“I told you, this is none of your—“

 

“You’re not answering me, Kang Eunji.” He cut her again.

 

“So, what If I did believe him?” Eunji whispered in heated.

 

Why is he so busybody anyway?

 

“And you’re gonna do you best to win this stupid tournament?”

 

“Well, if this the only method that he will come to the meeting I have to try.” She said obviously.

 

“Did you forget about something?”

 

“What?”

 

“This.” He grabbed her left ankle and squeezed it hard.

 

She yelped in pain when sudden ache came from her ankle. She quickly slapped his hand to let go of her ankle. As soon as he let go of her ankle she fell on her while panting rather heavily. Eunji rubbed her ankle tried to soothe its soreness.

 

“Ring a bell?” He asked.

 

She glared at him before hissed harshly. “You’re such a jerk.”  

 

“That’s so yesterday.” He snickered at her. “Tell me something new, please.”

 

Her expression soured.

 

Then he came out from the pool with one jump. She looked up and quickly looked away, slightly flushed. The half Suho was standing right in front of her! It’s not like she never saw him like this before but the light that shine the water which dripping from his body making his body sparkled, Not to mention it emphasizing his leans body. Well of course this is not something familiar to her.

 

“Let’s go.” He said after took a towel and put it over his head. He rubbed the towel on his head.

 

“Where?”

 

“Tell the teacher about your ankle of course.” He told her like she was small child. “Where actually did you put that smart brain of yours?” He mumbled before took her wrist again and pulled her up.

 

“Then what about this tournament?” Eunji asked worriedly. “Then, is there gonna be a blank spot in my health card? I don’t want that.”

 

Suho turned to her.

 

Is that the right thing she should be worried about right now?

 

“I don’t think so. Let the teacher figure this out.” He shrugged before dragged her to the teacher.

 

“Walk slowly, please.” Eunji whispered to Suho.

 

“Thanks God! Finally you realized how bad your ankle is?” He huffed and grabbed her by arm and walked slower this time.

 

“And thanks for a certain someone who make it worse.” She added sarcastically.

 

“You are welcome.”

 

-

 

“Are you coming, for my jamming, tonight?”

 

“Not this question again?” Yoonah sighed tiredly and feed herself with some salad.

 

“Can’t you just come with me?” Lay plead. “My band brought all their friend there, but mine none.”

 

“You know how I hate loud place.” 

 

“Just do it for me, please.” Lay practically begging to Yoonah at the cafeteria.

 

Yoonah looked at him for a few second before sighed again and turned to Eunji in front of them who was looking at them. “Eunji-ah, is this guy, didn’t understand Korean?” Yoonah laughed by her owned joke as Lay rolled his eyes away in annoyed.

 

“If you don’t want to come, fine. Just make some time on the contest. I’m out.” Lay quickly stood up and patted Eunji shoulder. “Take care of your ankle.”

 

“Okay, no prob.” Eunji smiled.

 

Then he picked up his tray and walked off with stiff face.

 

“Lay, are you serious? I’m not done eating yet.” Yoonah tried to call him but he didn’t even glance back and continue walk off.

 

“What’s wrong with him actually? Pms-ing?” Yoonah frowned.

 

“Why can’t you just go with him?” Eunji asked back and feed herself.

 

“Not you too. How many times did I need to tell you? I hate loud place, it’s annoying.”

 

“Just bear it and do it for him. He’s your best friend Yoonah and he already done so much to you. While you, done nothing.”

 

“What about you, then? Why you can’t go? He’s your best friend too.” Yoonah tried to fight back.

 

What’s wrong with this girl actually? She knew how strict my dad is with his rules. I can’t go out from house after 8pm. How would I go to that jamming? Even Lay is aware about that, that’s why he never asks me.

 

“Okay, this topic not going anywhere.” Eunji nodded. “Let’s end it right here that both of us can’t go because of our personal reason.”

 

“Okay, I’ll agree to that.” Yoonah smiled. “So tell me now about you and Kim Suho.”

 

“W-what about me and him? There’s nothing about me and him.” Eunji quickly looked away and continue eat silently.

 

“You lied, Eunji.”

 

“I’m not.”

 

“Well, whatever it is, I will find out real soon, you can’t believe how astounding the gossip club in this school can be.” She smirked. “So, before I found it out. I think you better tell me first.”

 

“Then I will choose not telling you. Try to find it, if there any.”

 

“Fair enough.” Yoonah nodded.“Wait, when did you gonna take the ‘small swim tournament’ again? Well you didn’t take it today because of your ankle.”

 

“Small swim tournament?” Eunji chuckled.

 

“That’s what the teacher said.” Yoonah rolled her eyes.

 

“I don’t know, maybe next week. Teacher said after my ankle fully recovers. ”

 

“With Suho?” She eyed her.

 

“I don’t think so…” Eunji shook her head.
 

“Well of course not. He already took it today after he sends you to infirmary.”

 

“Then, if you already know about it, why you still asking me?” Eunji lifted herbrows.

 

“Just in case.” Yoonah smile sneakily.

 

-

 

“Whooo! Here she comes our champion, Jenny!” Kai shout in excited, Suho drumming the table while Kris gave a thumb up as Jenny and Hyeri came join them at the garden behind their school building. Well this garden most likely only reserved to them. No one ever stepped in when the Kingka of this school were there.

 

“Yay, high five!” Kris said when she came near them. And she high five-ing him, while Hyeri sat beside Kai.

 

“Me too.” Kai said, Jenny high five him too.

 

“Me three.” Suho added and she skipped him before sit beside Kris, pretending like nothing happened.

 

Suho felt dumbstruck, Kai stop clapping, Kris just looked at him while Hyeri just put on expressionless face.

 

“To myself.” Suho high five-ing himself with his other hand and sat to his seat while laughed awkwardly.

 

Then all of them become silent for a few second.

 

“Erm, what just happened here?” Kai asked slowly eyeing Jenny.

 

“Nothing happened.” Jenny answered with expressionless face. “I’m just not in good mood.”

 

Then Kris turned to Jenny and put his arm around her shoulder try to persuade her. “Hey, what happened, you just won that tournament with Chanyeol. What with this gloomy face?” Kris touched her chin. “Was he doing something bad to you?”

 

“No Kris.” Jenny answered.

 

“Then what?”

 

Suho who sat in front of Jenny put close ears to their conversation while Kai elbowing Hyeri lightly and asking her what happened. Hyeri just looked at Kai with expressionless face before rolled her eyes away totally ignoring him.

 

Yah! This cold annoying !

 

“I don’t know.” Jenny glared at Suho.

 

‘Is this because of me?’ Suho thought silently.

 

“Then?”

 

Jenny sighed. She really need time to be alone. “I’m sorry, I’m really in bad mood right now. I want to go home.” She picked her bag and stood up.

 

“I’m coming.” Kris picked his bag too.

 

“No,” She stopped him. “I just want you to stay here and remind Suho that he also not coming.” She turned and walked back into their school building.

 

“What?” Kris mumbled to himself do not understand what her meaning.

 

“I got this.” Suho sighed and slowly stood up.

 

“Huh, I don’t understand?” Kris looked at Suho.

 

“Dude, that’s my cue.” Suho patted Kris’ shoulder. “When she said she doesn’t want it, she actually really wants it. Understood?” He ran into the building too and screamed. “Jenny, what’s wrong?”

 

Kris saw Suho blocking Jenny way in playful manner.

 

“Talk to me.” Suho said smiling at her.

 

“No.” Jenny moved to her side and Suho blocking her way again.

 

“You just talk to me.” He smiled genuinely while pinched her cheek. “Now smile.”

 

“I don’t want.” Jenny scowled.

 

“Smile first, please.” He quickly on his knee acted like he was begging her.

 

Kris turned to Kai and Hyeri in slightly annoyed face. He was fully aware that Suho and Jenny was best friend since middle school. But this…

 

Hyeri and Kai lifted their shoulder. Kris sighed before turned back to the drama, his fists clenching.

 

“Thank god you’re smiling,” Kris saw Suho said and he quickly on his feet back. “That’s my girl.” Suho added and put his arm around Jenny shoulder while messing with her hair.

 

“Yah! You ruined my hair.” Jenny pouted.

 

“And you hurt my feeling.” He pouted back.

 

“You hurt me first.”

 

“Really? When?”

 

“Look, you don’t even realize it!” She exclaimed and pushed him away. He laughed and acted as if to fall.

 

“Oh my god, my elbow is bleeding.” Suho pretended to cry.

 

“You deserve that.” She walked on and left Suho.

 

“Jenny.” He called her. “How could you? I’m really hurt. Really!”

 

She didn’t reply. Suho sighed and quickly on his feet before chased Jenny back. “Are you really mad?” He messed up with her hair.

 

“I am.”

 

“Really, I don’t think so.” He messed up with her hair again, harsher this time. “Well, now you look like one.”

 

“Yah! Kim Suho!” She finally yelled.

 

Suho stick out his tongue before quickly run off and she chased him.

 

Kris just stared at them until they disappeared behind the building. He about to roll his eyes but stop in mid way when he saw Eunji was walking limply on the second floor. He inhaled deeply and slung his bag across his shoulder.

 

“I’m going to practice.”

 

-

 

Eunji sighed as she walked down slowly on stair. With this weak leg of her, the teacher didn’t let her do her duty in the library, and even told her to rest at home. She just want to study, for god sake! She pouted in disappointment.

 

“Going back?” She heard a voice asking her as she step on the last stair. She looked up and saw Suho was looking down at her in his jersey and short together with his expensive football shoes. “Want me to walk you home?” He added slyly.

 

“No.” Eunji quickly answered and he chuckled like he already can make out her answered.

 

“Figure.” Then he came to her with his smile still plastered on his face. She eyed him warily.

 

“I’ll go to practice first.” He said as his fingers come to her face and flick her disarray hair behind her ear before he went off.

 

Her gaze still didn’t leave him until he disappeared.

 

“What the hell was that?” she muttered slowly as she touched the part where he touched her just now. When she realized that no one else was there watching them but Luhan who just passing her just now and went to the same direction as Suho, the field of course. In fact, Luhan is a football player too. She just inhaled deeply before continue her journey toward her locker. As she opened the locker she saw a plastic bag and a note that not belong to her. She read the note.

 

Use this, it good for sprained ankle.

 

Then she saw the same unrecognized signature again.

 

What the hell? Not again!

 

Okay this is chapter 9!!

Thank you for your love and support.,. Love you guys!! You’re the best!!

I Know I should update sooner, but something come up.,

Heehee anyway, please keep commenting yeah!!

(I’m sorry I’m not gonna reply everyone’s comment for now, but maybe later, because I’m running out of time right now X|)

 

shahirashera: Erm about your assumption, I cannot say that it was true or false because it will only spoil the story, but all I can say is your assumption is not 100% true., hehe.,. keep comment yeah!!

angie: Alright, I’ll put the notification first.,. Thank you!! ^_^